Question for Dusty about free shipping at the 06 SDCC.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Dusty, was wondering if we were supposed to get free shipping for orders we placed at the 06 SDCC? I ordered Bib, Leia, Jabba, throne and Creature pack, and it looks like I'm being charged for shipping for Bib right now. Please fill me in. Also if we don't get free shipping I think we should get reward points.

Thanks

Hi Turbo,

Please make sure to contact customer service directly instead of using the board.

While Dusty can sometimes answer common questions, she should not be used in lieu of contacting our Customer Service Dept.

They are just as nice and cheery - and eagerly await your question.

You can contact them through the following form:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/custserv/

Or simply call during business hours at 1-800-474-3746 (International Customers: 1-805-214-2100 x 2).

Thanks!

Turbo said:
Hi Dusty, was wondering if we were supposed to get free shipping for orders we placed at the 06 SDCC? I ordered Bib, Leia, Jabba, throne and Creature pack, and it looks like I'm being charged for shipping for Bib right now. Please fill me in. Also if we don't get free shipping I think we should get reward points.

Thanks

I 100% agree. We were told we would be getting free shipping on items ordered at SDCC. I even specifically asked about the Jabba set up. If this is not true then we really should be given our reward points. I'm sure they can be given manually right? Since it technically isn't a "phone" order. Please let us know the verdict! :eek:

EDIT: Sent in a Customer Service form as well.

Last edited:
Still no reply. Anyone from Sideshow want to jump in here and explain why we don't get free shipping when we were told at the show we were?

I don't think they know or want to get involved. CS said you only get free shipping with IN STOCK items. Bunch of BS if you ask me. It was nice ordering all the items at the Con and not having to worry about them selling out.

Turbo said:
I don't think they know or want to get involved. CS said you only get free shipping with IN STOCK items. Bunch of BS if you ask me. It was nice ordering all the items at the Con and not having to worry about them selling out.

They don't want to know or want to get involved? :lol

I remember them saying that we would get free shipping on instock items but don't recall them saying this would apply to PO. I do remember thinking it would have been nice if it applied to PO but wasn't gonna stop me from ordering at the show. So how is it BS exactly?

You're right it was nice not having to worry about them not selling out. Made those days when they went up for sale easier since I didn't have to be there on PPO day. Turbo man chill a bit. I understand you wanted free shipping but I think there was a misunderstanding on what happened.

jlcmsu said:
They don't want to know or want to get involved? :lol

I remember them saying that we would get free shipping on instock items but don't recall them saying this would apply to PO. I do remember thinking it would have been nice if it applied to PO but wasn't gonna stop me from ordering at the show. So how is it BS exactly?

You're right it was nice not having to worry about them not selling out. Made those days when they went up for sale easier since I didn't have to be there on PPO day. Turbo man chill a bit. I understand you wanted free shipping but I think there was a misunderstanding on what happened.
Chill a bit? :rolleyes: It's BS because we don't even get reward points. I guess our benefit was being able to order before everyone else.

Turbo said:
Chill a bit? :rolleyes: It's BS because we don't even get reward points. I guess our benefit was being able to order before everyone else.

Yeah, no point in getting upset over spilled milk. I understand wanting the points or free shipping but these are considered phone orders at least according to the number in my account. Yeah, the benefit was ordering before everyone else which at the time pissed a lot of people off.

I can understand turbo's point though. They said FREE shipping to me. I specifically asked about the Jabba set. To me that is lying. I could have been an honest mistake but for about 5 months now us SDCC orderers have been expecting FREE shipping. You'd think someone from SS could have told us no before now. Ordering in advance of others wasn't much of a perk. Bib took hours to sell out and Leia wasn't bad. Jabba and Crumb were inclusive and the throne took months to sell out. Had I known we wouldn't get reward points at the time I'd have ordered them online. I was home before Jabba's inclusive window was over! I too feel at this point we deserve the FREE shipping we were told we were going to get OR our rewards points to make up for the misunderstanding.

I don't mean to sound rude or ungreatful, its just that this could have been cleared up a long time ago. Plus I am a bit bummed on missing rewards points since this is my first 'big' purchase from Sideshow and I would have like them. The reminder I was going to get FREE shipping was the only thing that made me feel better about it. Either way I am greatful and thankful that Sideshow did let us order the set at SDCC - and let us see the whole set up in person!

I don't remember anyone saying anything to me about free shipping for orders placed at SDCC. So I would say this was a small mistake made. Which happens. Sure something could have been said sooner but I don't recall anyone asking since then about it on the board or saying they asked SS. As far as the rewards points I would like those as well but again these orders work the same as the phone orders.

It happens basically.

jlcmsu said:
I don't remember anyone saying anything to me about free shipping for orders placed at SDCC. So I would say this was a small mistake made. Which happens. Sure something could have been said sooner but I don't recall anyone asking since then about it on the board or saying they asked SS. As far as the rewards points I would like those as well but again these orders work the same as the phone orders.

It happens basically.

I suppose you are right. I still just don't understand why "phone" orders don't get reward points. I mean they show up in our accounts, we get them, and everything. I don't get why the system can't figure that out. Oh well.

Buttmunch said:
I suppose you are right. I still just don't understand why "phone" orders don't get reward points. I mean they show up in our accounts, we get them, and everything. I don't get why the system can't figure that out. Oh well.

Yeah, it would be nice if they did. Cause I'd have several orders that I'd get points for. Lost out on those because of work but a friend was kind enough to order them for me and does everytime I miss a PPO day. I can't say enough about the kindness she shows me by doing this.

Well count me in as thinking we folk who ordered at SDCC were getting free shipping. When I placed my order I was certainly told that by the woman who had the order sheet on the floor. Sounds like someone on the floor for Sideshow had wrong info and told a lot of people. Yikes!

I'll chime in on this... I was never told anything about free shipping when I placed my orders, just as Josh wasn't, so it seems to be an honest mistake. Just like the Grey Hulk PF wasn't supposed to be pre-ordered at SDCC but some mistakenly took orders for it as well. And before anyone raises the point the Sideshow honored the Hulk pre-orders so they should honor the free shipping, they had orders to verify the mistake on the Hulk... I don't know if there is any way to verify who was told they would be getting free shipping. Sorry for you guys who thought you would be getting the free shipping.

lcummins said:
I'll chime in on this... I was never told anything about free shipping when I placed my orders, just as Josh wasn't, so it seems to be an honest mistake. Just like the Grey Hulk PF wasn't supposed to be pre-ordered at SDCC but some mistakenly took orders for it as well. And before anyone raises the point the Sideshow honored the Hulk pre-orders so they should honor the free shipping, they had orders to verify the mistake on the Hulk... I don't know if there is any way to verify who was told they would be getting free shipping. Sorry for you guys who thought you would be getting the free shipping.

That's what I thought. I figured I was just losing my mind thogh. :lol

Yeah... I'm not bent outta shape over this. If someone gave me the wrong info... oh well.

Tell you what though... I ain't orderin' at SDCC next year and losing all those reward points! Sideshow may want to re-think the policy of no points for convention orders!

The rewards points are software based and apparently can't be manually adjusted, that's why they don't apply to phone orders or SDCC orders.

And the reward points is the reward for those that uses their online order form, not phone. I think that's the correct way of doing it and it could help SS to get more online orders and less phone orders.
As for points for convention orders... :confused:

Back