Question about the Aragorn 12" exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasciutto

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was thinking about the 12" figure.
The edition is 1750.

And now my question. Is there an edition number
on it ??? I can't find this answer in the Sideshow site.

dasciutto said:
I was thinking about the 12" figure.
The edition is 1750.

And now my question. Is there an edition number
on it ??? I can't find this answer in the Sideshow site.

On the figure itself? No. They don't individually number the 12" figures.

as far as i know, they do not number 12" figures. not on the figure, not on the stand and not on the box.

thats quite a negative point, as that would mean, even if SS produce more, there isn't any form of proof, that's LE.... I hope Chicky read this and feedback, maybe they can add it in afterall...

i don't have a problem with that actually.

it has been like that since the day ss had their first LE 12" figures. i don't see why they will change it because of LOTR.

it being not numbered isnt important to me. but it would be nice to have some text on the box in the product description that says it's an exclusive for the exclusive and it's limited to how many pieces.

Look, I don't care if they make more. I didn't get the exclsuive because it was "limited." I got it because I wanted the accessories. I have grown this little complex about getting an "incomplete" figure.

Individually numbering figures has almost never proven to do anything positive anyway. Look at the 12" G.I. Jow Hall of Fame figures, or the Playmates Star Trek line.

Besides, if they were as dodgy as you are implying, they could number the figures any way they like and call it proof. "Hey! I've got figure 0003!"

noelleon69 said:
but it would be nice to have some text on the box in the product description that says it's an exclusive for the exclusive and it's limited to how many pieces.

It would be cool if they were numbered but I guess I will just print out a copy of the web listing that says the edition # and keep that in the box... at least its better than nothing.

Customikey said:
Look, I don't care if they make more. I didn't get the exclsuive because it was "limited." I got it because I wanted the accessories. I have grown this little complex about getting an "incomplete" figure.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Yeah, no biggie for me either. I got it because of the accessories and how cool it looks. Besides it's not like the flippers and scalpers are gonna turn the 12" line of this or SW into big money makers.

Customikey said:

Individually numbering figures has almost never proven to do anything positive anyway. Look at the 12" G.I. Jow Hall of Fame figures, or the Playmates Star Trek line.

Besides, if they were as dodgy as you are implying, they could number the figures any way they like and call it proof. "Hey! I've got figure 0003!"

I agree with you too. I feel the figure is incomplete without those additional accessories. I wouldn't care if there were 15,000 exclusives and 100 non-exclusives. I just want more bang for my buck.

Well, yeah right away you might be able to because people always freak out and SW Fans (the really rabid ones) tend to really freak out when they miss something. LOL As has been my experience with some friends that are big SW fans. Over time though this won't be the case IMO.

Customikey said:
That's fine for you, but I do care if they make more. If there had been 10,000 of them made, I can guarantee that they would have been available on eBay for about half of retail for months/years to come.

Not only do I not want the value to decrease like that (kind of contradicts the definition of a "collectible"), I don't want to think that I paid twice what the piece will ultimately be worth.

RoboDad said:
Not only do I not want the value to decrease like that (kind of contradicts the definition of a "collectible"), I don't want to think that I paid twice what the piece will ultimately be worth.

What the piece is worth is ultimately a personal decision that begins before you even buy the figure. For instance, some may say it is not worth $65. For them, it's not. For me, my Red Death figure was worth every penny of the $30 I paid and then some.

I am not really interested in the public market value of my figure. The term "collectible" lost all meaning a long time ago, when they bandied about every toy line in creation as being a super-collectible, and today is worthless.

:clap well said customikey! to each their own & such, but i have personally never understood why people are so concerned over edition sizes & such -- seems to suck the joy out of the whole collecting experience. i buy figures because of the love i have for the subject (lotr, buffy, sw) or even occasionaly just because they are executed so well, not with the hopes of selling it somewhere down the line -- if you want to invest, i've always thought, open a cd or mutual fund :wacky

wyrmn3500 said:
:clap well said customikey! to each their own & such, but i have personally never understood why people are so concerned over edition sizes & such -- seems to suck the joy out of the whole collecting experience. i buy figures because of the love i have for the subject (lotr, buffy, sw) or even occasionaly just because they are executed so well, not with the hopes of selling it somewhere down the line -- if you want to invest, i've always thought, open a cd or mutual fund :wacky
OK, before you go making really bad assumptions on what other people think, maybe you should try actually asking other people what they think. You say you buy figures because of the love you have for the subject. I think that goes without saying for all of us. I never said (nor did I read anything from anyone else) about collecting as a financial investment. What I said is that I don't want to pay more than I need to. Maybe you have oodles of disposable income, but I don't. I don't appreciate paying $65 for something that I could have bought later for $30. And with larger editions, that happens all too often.

That is one of the reasons I prefer smaller editions. I have a more reasonable expectation that the value won't go down so far that my "investment" is essentially wasted, since I might have waited and purchased perhaps two figures for the same money.

sorry if you were offended by my post robodad -- the last bit about investing was really meant as a joke -- i was just agreeing with customikey's statement that what a figure is worth is a personal decision -- i hate it too when i see a figure i paid full price for show up somewhere for way less than i paid for it (vanhelsing or willow, for instance) but that doesn't mean i regret buying the figures -- i was just trying to say that i don't care quite so much about whether something i buy holds it's value, as that wasn't what prompted my purchase. i guess the fact that we might see something we buy at a lesser price down the road is just a chance we have to take. sorry again if my original post wasn't as clear. :peace

That's OK. Sorry about my knee-jerk reaction. I guess I just get tired of hearing people condemned for hoping their collection is worth something, and your joke pushed the wrong button in me.

To respond to your last point, it isn't that I regret purchasing a piece when the price goes down (for example, I love my Shelob piece! ;)). It's just that I do regret buying it at the wrong time, and knowing that the money I spent could have added more to my collection. Because, let's face it, given the choice, we would all take two for the price of one, wouldn't we? :)

Back