Question about Predators roll in the movie lineup

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well actually you guys are both wrong.

Straight from the Director's mouth:

Q: Where did the decision come from to abandon the other 3 Predator movies in the franchise or to not reference them at all?

Nimrod Antal: It's more so the last two films, of course, the first film is the one we were working off of but it was more so the AVP films we've dismissed.

Q: Not Predator 2?

Nimrod Antal: Well, Predator 2 was closer to the original film than what the AVP films later became so it was more the AVP films that we are dismissing

Like I stated earlier, RR's original intention was for Predators to be a direct sequel to Predator (Predators with an "S" like the direct sequel for Alien is Aliens with an "S") and it was supposed to ignore Predator 2 and the AVP movies.

But that changed. Not sure who changed that, but it DID change. And now officially, Predators is the sequel to Predator 2 and Predator.

The only movies being ignored are the AVP ones.

Well actually you guys are both wrong.

Straight from the Director's mouth:

Like I stated earlier, RR's original intention was for Predators to be a direct sequel to Predator (Predators with an "S" like the direct sequel for Alien is Aliens with an "S") and it was supposed to ignore Predator 2 and the AVP movies.

But that changed. Not sure who changed that, but it DID change. And now officially, Predators is the sequel to Predator 2 and Predator.

The only movies being ignored are the AVP ones.

Reread his responses. He's not confirming it's a sequel to P2, but reiterating it's a sequel to the first. :lol

So could some other dude come in. Make a new film then call it a sequel to 1 because he dint like Predators so he dismisses it?

am confused

So could some other dude come in. Make a new film then call it a sequel to 1 because he dint like Predators so he dismisses it?

am confused

That could very well happen, absolutely. :lol

Nope. It's already been confirmed which is why any official info you find about Predators will state it's a sequel to the first two movies.

Really? Because the only info I've seen, including what you posted, said it was a sequel to the first. :huh

So what's the big fuss about? Some one could make avp3 and could be the best film ever!!!

Not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist

Really? Because the only info I've seen, including what you posted, said it was a sequel to the first. :huh

Then you might wanna look harder.

Straight from IMBD:

Is this a remake of Predator (1987)?

No. Robert Rodriguez and Antal have confirmed in interviews at SXSW and IESB.net, and in a live chat with fans on ustream.tv that Predators (2010) is a direct sequel to Predator (1987) and its sequel Predator 2(1990). However this film ignores the events of the events of AVP: Alien vs. Predator(2004), and AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem(2007).

It's been confirmed by RR and Antal 3 different times. What more do you want!? :lol

brb (looks up what instigating is) I didnt try to instigate...I thinK? :lol in any case if thats what came from RRs mouth then Devils right, I guess it is a sequel to P2, which doesnt bother me any :rotfl

You must enjoy living in Neverneverland with Peter Pan. :cuckoo:

I'm not wishing anything. Merely reiterating what was said by the Producer who did what Brian Singer did with Superman Returns in making a direct sequel to a previous entry and ignoring later sequels. But you go ahead and continue trolling all things anti-Predators. I'll gladly keep reporting it. :lol

Excuse me mister, what exactly are you reporting me for? :cuckoo::slap

Firstly, I am not an anti-Predators guy.
Then, Im not trolling. Learn the definition of trolling and get your facts straight.
I am not saying the movie doesnt have the right to ignore the previous titles. Ofcourse it does. Im saying the movie doesnt "erase" other titles. The previous movies still happened. Its a sequel just like the other movies.
And this is what was asked by the original poster. Does this movie erase/kick P2 out of the predator universe? Ofcourse it doesnt ! It doesnt have the right.

By the way, your sarcastic sentences are not clever. Just merely annoying.

Then you might wanna look harder.

Straight from IMBD:

It's been confirmed by RR and Antal 3 different times. What more do you want!? :lol

Signed statement or GTFO! :lol :exactly::goodpost: :moon

By the way, your sarcastic sentences are not clever. Just merely annoying.

IronyMeterSplode.jpg

6 pages of dribble.

I have to ask. Whats the big deal? Some "fans" complain they dont like AVP or they dont like Predators or P2. These films were never meant to be oscar worthy, thespian masterpieces. They were meant to be fun. I have fun with them all. Hell we get to see cool Preds and some action.

The more you guys complain, the more likely they are to say "screw the predator franchise, lets do a Smurfs movie". I dont care about the acting, timeline or if it fits within fanboy standards. Just gimme some cool looking predators, hunting something with good action shots.

Im grateful that we even got a new movie. May not be the best, but hey, its got predators in it. Quit complaining.

Thanks for the input Robert Rodriguez. While you're on here I might as well ask:

1. Is Predators a sequel to Predator or Predator 2?

And..

2. Now that you've ruined the Predator franchise will you be directing a new Smurfs movie that FOX will most likely announce since Predators is a domestic box office bomb? I mean after you make another crappy Spy Kids movie of course.

Thanks!

Back