Question about modifying 1/6 Dr. H leather jacket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haytil

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've got a question for anyone who owns the 1/6 Dr. H leather jacket. An example can be found here:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-House-Dr-Eason-Leather-Jacket-Black-CS006F-/270713901093

I'd like to modify this jacket to just be a standard black leather jacket, since I'm having trouble finding a straight black leather jacket that's relatively small and cheap for a custom of mine.

I'd like to remove the white and red stripes on the arms of this jacket. Does this seem feasible? Are they just stitched on the surface of the black sleeve, or are they an integral part of the sleeve? Obviously I'd like some advice as to whether or not this is possible before I go ahead and order one, since I wouldn't like to spend money on a futile effort.

Thanks.

Well I'm no expert but I imagine If you take those sections out (part from the fact It will be quite fiddly) it will leave you with a much shorter sleeve, unless you add in another inset.

You can't try just spraying the coloured areas over with a leath spray?

Well I'm no expert but I imagine If you take those sections out (part from the fact It will be quite fiddly) it will leave you with a much shorter sleeve, unless you add in another inset.

So do you have this jacket?

My question is whether those sections are actually part of the sleeve as insets, or whether they're just sewed on around the sleeve (so is there black leather material under the colored bands)?

I can't tell from pictures alone.

You can't try just spraying the coloured areas over with a leath spray?

What is that?

I do have that jacket...some where. I got it ages ago and haven't looked at it for along ime now. I think they're inserts.

Leather spray is a spray you can buy from shoe shops that you can use to re colour shoes with. Black is an easy one to get hold of.

Back