Question about marvel sample and artist proof statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Psylocke PF is a marvel Sample I own. Pics are in my collection thread. This statue had notorious paint issues with cracking around the legs and such. The sample I own is one of the best paint apps of this piece I have come across. If there's a sculpt with known paint issues then investing in a sample may not be a bad idea but in all honesty I would just look for a used piece that someone else has already inspected and had on display. That way you know your getting a good piece. I bought my spider woman PF from a fellow boardie and the paint app was perfect. Most people are still plagued by the horrible paint apps on that statue

Thanks for the comparison tavegg another question is how many samples or artist proofs are made does it vary by statue? Also how do sellers get ahold of these is there a risk on recast or fakes of these thanks for everybody's replys and helping me understand this concept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Also how retailers get ahold of sample statues?
Is there such a thing as a fake marvel sample do all of them have to have Sam at the end of the serial number in the brown shipper? Or are there some samples that do not have that?

Thanks for the comparison tavegg another question is how many samples or artist proofs are made does it vary by statue? Also how do sellers get ahold of these is there a risk on recast or fakes of these thanks for everybody's replys and helping me understand this concept

Some companies sell off unused replacements and mark them as APs

I'm not really sure to be honest as these are not numbered. I actually just learned a but from ink and filip on the APs. Didn't know they were unused replacements but that seems to make a lot of sense. I wouldn't think there's an abundance of samples out there though as they are intended for license approval only. I would also be inclined to assume that they may be tampered with just like any statue but since there's no number on the base or box it would seem they may be easier to counterfeit. Just an educated guess

Back