Question about HT Original Costume Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true, and I just read on the photo thread; apparantly someone in that threat called HT about this figure, and someone HT says that they'll be releasing another batch to go with the tumbler. Buying it off ebay may have been the worst mistake of my life.

I dont think this will be the case, at least from my past experiences with HT.

When they released lost predator from the predator 2 series, a year after they release predator 2 and elder predator 2, there's still pics of elder and P2 on the box. But they didn't just 'release' those other preds again just because some people got to the collecting late.

They know how their older figs are worth easily around 500+ on ebay. And they want those to be rare coveted items as we see no signs of them re making those USCMs and preds. I think the OC is no different. It will go up in value, and HT wont be making any more of these. My 2C.

Also if memory serves me right this figure was only available in Japan and China sooooooooo that would go with your limited run theory.

Also if memory serves me right this figure was only available in Japan and China sooooooooo that would go with your limited run theory.

They were available in other parts too, just that the odds were probably 5 TDK : 1 OC. As my dealer was charging this almost 50% more than the TDKs when they were first released.

For some reason, i can't pay $300-400 dollars for a batman figure. It's not like he comes with a tons of cool accessories.. but, i'm not a huge Batman fanatic.. If it was a predator??? That would be a big maybe :)

I guess when the TDK lineup was released, most people hyped up the TDK costume and most pre-ordered it instead of OC. So their distributors were bringing in more TDK than OC (those who could anyway). So now that most people would like to complete their TDK lineup collection, which would not be complete without the OC, they got limited place to go to, eBay is namely one of them. So the demand due to competition is high whereas quantity is limited, hence driving the price high. Another factor is because OC is already sold out at HT.

did DC Direct import this figure with the other TDK figures?
if so, isn't it almost certain that when DC Direct gets around to shipping the remaining orders of the TDK figures, the OC figure would be included?

Back