Question about ebay situation I am having right now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfPredatorAVPR

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, please anyone who is from out of the United States do not take this the wrong way. I am in no way specifying all out of country buyers are like this guy.

So I sold a hot toy, new in box about a month ago to this guy in Europe. I will not send items out of the country unless the member is a proven ebay member with a good track record. Guy seemed nice enough with over 1000 feedback, most recent, we discussed shipping prices and agreed on a best offer price. All seemed fine till the second he paid me. The very next day he was already wanting to know if I shipped ect......this would be fine had I not received 3 emails about it in a 24 hour period. I shipped the item out 2 days after he paid Via Priority Mail international. Again to help this joker out I agree to put the value lower than what it was actually worth ( i know I know you are not supposed to do this but I was trying to help him out ). I charged him $56 shipping because I was unsure what the exact cost would be and would refund him promptly if I had overcharged him...minus a few dollars for handling and such.

After I sent the item out I gave him the numbers etc.......everything was fine for a while, heard nothing from him. He messaged me stating he received the item but he was upset I overcharged his shipping by $8. It had totally slipped my mind that I did in fact overcharge him by $11 ( $3 for handling, $8 over ). Soon as he sent the message I refunded him money.

A week past, I get another email from this guy demanding that I refund his $8, then he would leave me positive feedback. I assure him that I sent the refund and have him check the date in which I sent him. A few days go by, he messages me AGAIN asking where it is. AGAIN I assure him with the date and tell him to check his actual paypal account and not his email ( since they do not send you reciepts for that ). Four days past, I am wondering if this guy has actually saw where he received the the refund...so I asked him to please leave me positive feedback if he saw where the refund was. Day later I get positive feedback for a good transaction.

Another week past, today I check my email. Same question, Where is my $8 Refund. At this point I am so frustrated that I about just gave him another $8 so he would stop harrassing me about it....but in this email it was worse. NOW he is saying he did not get the package at all. ( How the He*$ would you know how much I overcharged you for shipping unless you got the D$%m Package in the mail already?)

I proceeded to get a snap shot of my paypal account page showing that I had in fact sent him a refund to his email address ( blocked all my personal information out except that ). I also forwarded him 2 emails where he stated that he did in fact receive the package.

My question is since the guy has already left me positive feedback and sent me numerous emails as proof that he got the item, will paypal side with this guy if he makes a claim against me? I do not have tracking information as it is international...besides the custom form numbers I got nothing. I know how paypal is and I know how ____ they are about tracking information but between the feedback and emails admitting that he got the item weeks ago......can he win a case against me because I fear I have one coming my way :(

what a total nightmare. i would call paypal and speak to a customer service rep asap. sorry your being harrased good luck!

what a total nightmare. i would call paypal and speak to a customer service rep asap. sorry your being harrased good luck!

Yeah I thought about actually calling them to get ahead of "the game"...so to say. Just to let them know I am being harassed by this guy.

if he makes a claim you are probably screwed, paypal will give him his money back. thats how easy it is to screw ebay sellers when paying with paypal. this is pretty much the same story l have. sent my HT P1 pred to a guy over seas, he pulled the same ____t, he got a refund and kept my pred.

NEVER DEAL OVER SEAS on bigger items like this.

the moral of the story is, don't ship to foreign countries. foreigners suck. seriously. search through this board and 90% of the so called buying selling disputes revolve around shipping to europe and south america. i'm not joking here.

I agree to an extent with shipping to other countries but the guy has a proven track record of positive transaction on ebay for years. Seems weird he would single me out and screw me over when he has had countless number of high dollar transactions. I think more or less the idiot is mad because he thinks I am trying to stiff him on $8 in fee's that I refunded him weeks ago.....now all the sudden he is claiming he didn't get it? Cracks me up, really at the end of the day its funny.

Paypal will not empty my account, or hold all my funds. I am a proven ebay member and have had issues like this before over the years, just nothing this ridiculous.

All I can say is...if paypal sides with this moron, even with the emails he sent me and positive feedback he has already left for me...will never use paypal or ebay again for anything.

If possible empty your paypal account until this is resolved. That way they can't seize the funds you have sitting with them.

Gah I misread what you put....scratch my other thought in the previous message. That may be a good idea actually.

if he left you positive feedback already - your in the clear man - it seems that way

Donno, I read horror stories from other people saying that did not save them from getting ripped off from people. I am saying that combined with emails stating that he did get the package should be enough. If I was paypal I would side with me because its pretty clear this guy is full of total BS.

They can see I refunded him $8 also, with emails from him stating what its for....overpaid shipping. How in the world would he know what he overpaid unless he actually got the package in the mail?

I guess really at the end of the day all he has against me is, the piece was not as described or some crap...but with the positive feedback over a week ago.......GAH :horror

the moral of the story is, don't ship to foreign countries. foreigners suck. seriously. search through this board and 90% of the so called buying selling disputes revolve around shipping to europe and south america. i'm not joking here.

:lecture :lecture :lecture:exactly: :goodpost:

Called paypal, they are gonna send the moron an email stating the day he got his precious $8 refund and that he did in fact receive it. I also explained the situation and they are gonna make a note of it on the transaction, just in case he trys to make a claim.

Told them about the positive feedback and emails, they said I probably have enough evidence for my case for them to favor with me.

Agreed, sucks ive delt with some really nice people oversea's in the last few months....this guy has it ruined again for everyone else. I am done shipping oversea's unless they send me Dollar bills in the mail to me personally....not gonna happen.

Have you tried entering the Custom Form number for tracking? That never used to work but my local PO told me that you can track with it now.

I always buy international postage through Paypal and the form number is trackable there.

Didn't know that but sadly it just says that the item was accepted at my post office. Nothing more.

Didn't know that but sadly it just says that the item was accepted at my post office. Nothing more.

Well if it comes to a Paypal dispute you now have proof that you mailed it. Combined with the message he sent you stating he received it, I would say you have a very strong case.

Plus if you saved the messages in which he pestered you about shipping, refund, etc. that should clearly demonstrate to Paypal that you are dealing with problematic buyer. And considering this behavior I wouldn't be surprised if others have had problems as well. There are many 100% positive buyers who pull all kinds of shenanigans but sellers can't leave them a neg. That doesn't mean that Paypal isn't aware of repeat offenders.

Anyway, I would say you have very little to to worry about. But if you want, call Paypal and explain the situation. I've done that in the past when I've had to deal with crazy people. They can at least give you an idea of what would happen if he opened a dispute. But I really think, considering he messaged you confirming he received AND left you + feedback, there is not much he could do to you at this point.

Yeah you should be fine. There's no dispute about receipt of item. Paypal is actually pretty hard to raise a dispute for any other reason. And shipping costs aren't covered under E-bay's dispute policy (but the whole of payment is through paypal).

Mate that is very sad to hear. Considering that I'm one of the people that did business with you recently, it sucks to hear this guy jerk you around. I really hope this doesnt mean you will never ship internationally again because it was an absolute pleasure doing business with you and I wouldnt hesitate to do so in the future.
Hope this all works out for you, which I'm sure it will.

Mate that is very sad to hear. Considering that I'm one of the people that did business with you recently, it sucks to hear this guy jerk you around. I really hope this doesnt mean you will never ship internationally again because it was an absolute pleasure doing business with you and I wouldnt hesitate to do so in the future.
Hope this all works out for you, which I'm sure it will.

Yeah man, you are awesome like most of the oversea's buyer's. This is why I did not throw all into one category. Sucks that one makes me scared to make another big deal again like that but Id hate to be out of that much money to sell it a little faster.

Back