Question about Disney Streaming vs. Netflix, Apple, Hulu, PS Vue, Youtube TV, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toycrypt

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this topic so if needed please move to correct location mods.

That said, I'm considering making an investment in Disney stock. My theory is that once Disney comes out with their streaming option it may be the best streaming platform out there. The fact that they will be able to produce TV content based on Marvel characters, Star Wars characters, Disney classics, and even use ESPN to show Esports events has me thinking of the future potential of this stock.

My question is, would you switch from your Netflix, Apple TV, Hulu, YouTube TV, PS Vue, ect to add the Disney streaming app? Or would you keep one of those and add Disney? Or pass on Disney streaming all together?

I feel like Netflix in part grew because they had the Marvel shows among other things. I feel like a large number of people will add Disney because of all the content I posted above. I know it may be early because Disney has not stated what their streaming pricing and programs will include. They will be giving that info Thursday 4/11, but it's always good to get into a stock before big news is given to the public. What's your thoughts? Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this topic so if needed please move to correct location mods.

That said, I'm considering making an investment in Disney stock. My theory is that once Disney comes out with their streaming option it may be the best streaming platform out there. The fact that they will be able to produce TV content based on Marvel characters, Star Wars characters, Disney classics, and even use ESPN to show Esports events has me thinking of the future potential of this stock.

My question is, would you switch from your Netflix, Apple TV, Hulu, YouTube TV, PS Vue, ect to add the Disney streaming app? Or would you keep one of those and add Disney? Or pass on Disney streaming all together?

I feel like Netflix in part grew because they had the Marvel shows among other things. I feel like a large number of people will add Disney because of all the content I posted above. I know it may be early because Disney has not stated what their streaming pricing and programs will include. They will be giving that info tomorrow 4/10, but it's always good to get into a stock before big news is given to the public. What's your thoughts? Thanks.

Far as I remember reading, for some reason Disney TV needs Hulu. Not sure I got that right. Am definitely getting Disney channel but minimizing anything else - esp. Netflix. E.g. the "conservative" user like me doesn't need a suite of stuff I don't watch anyway.

My thoughts would be if I could afford it I'd buy Disney stock right now, keep a while, and dump at first sign of loss of interest e.g. wary of the kind of growth Disney has.

The old stock adage is buy on rumor sell of fact. I'm very interested in Disney+ (waiting on that price) but I'm not ditching Netflix as I still think it's a great deal (even after the price increase).

That was why I was interested in buying the stock, wanted to get in before the news briefing. I think there are big things on the horizon for Disney.

Far as I remember reading, for some reason Disney TV needs Hulu. Not sure I got that right. Am definitely getting Disney channel but minimizing anything else - esp. Netflix. E.g. the "conservative" user like me doesn't need a suite of stuff I don't watch anyway.

My thoughts would be if I could afford it I'd buy Disney stock right now, keep a while, and dump at first sign of loss of interest e.g. wary of the kind of growth Disney has.

"Disney with its strong content slate including content from Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and Lucasfilm poses a huge threat to Netflix. Additionally, the company is expected to price its streaming service, Disney+, lower than Netflix and is planning to give discounts when users buy all the three streaming services - ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu at one go. "

Looks like you don't need the Hulu for Disney+ to work but you would get a discount on it if you bundle them.

I hope some of the people who read this thread took my advise and bought the stock. I figured I would have gotten more feedback on this topic, but I'm glad that I went ahead and bought a decent amount of Disney shares.:yess: I hope some of you guys did as well. Have a great weekend my fellow collectors.

Back