Quest for the Real Ironman, how to spot a fake for Freaks and Newbs!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an info on my part is that the store in Indonesia do know they are fake. They are bluffing if they say they don't know. Most of the time, the buyer knows it is fake too. I am not sure if the ebay seller is telling the truth or not though ...

Just an info on my part is that the store in Indonesia do know they are fake. They are bluffing if they say they don't know. Most of the time, the buyer knows it is fake too. I am not sure if the ebay seller is telling the truth or not though

so how much does this statue actually cost in Indonesia then please Denham.

thanks mate.

so how much does this statue actually cost in Indonesia then please Denham.

thanks mate.

I actually called the shop selling and asked about Iron Man Commiquette. They have 2 :D They clearly tells me they have one recast (from Singapore) and another "original". The "original" is valued around US$ 1350. Though I really highly doubt if that is really original even.

He says the recast one is ... around $320. I didn't ask if that's "exclusive" or not.

Well I don't know on that one for sure because the dude won't even send me pics on this one. He actually quoted ""

--edit I'll be back lemme find the quote.

"hello..,this is brand new item guarantee 100%/ in mint/perfect condition..,i have $2000 buyer protection..,n no one has receipt for this item cause this is old/rare item,,,if you win this auction i can do all your request..,so many seller asking me request on other item but they dont buy the item..,so i will do request for the buyer that purchase my item only...thanks n have a blessed day.."

So basically after I own the piece all ready he'll send me pics :lol

There's no way we can tell based on the pictures in his auction.

Wow...it sold for US $1,330.05

I would say it's FAKE until proven real. So far, there's not enough evidence if it's real or not. He could have bought it from Asia and selling it in the US just to dump it.

is this one also a re-cast ???

https://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IRON-MAN-P...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:3|39:1|240:1318

the guy is selling for USD 2,000 !!!! if it is indeed a re-cast should't someone report it ?

No way to tell whether the last ebay item is fake or real. That guy seems to sell quite a number of rare exclusives too. My guts is I smell a fake. But can't assume since there are no evidence. Oh well. I have seen with my own eyes in my local store here the recasts of Iron Man Comm, Stealth Iron Man Comm, Spidey vs Hulk, Capt. America, X-Men Diorama #1, and many more. Really, behind the glass shelves, I cannot tell them them from the original. Looks good and everything's there. :) The recaster is really good.

I have seen with my own eyes in my local store here the recasts of Iron Man Comm, Stealth Iron Man Comm, Spidey vs Hulk, Capt. America, X-Men Diorama #1, and many more. Really, behind the glass shelves, I cannot tell them them from the original. Looks good and everything's there. :) The recaster is really good.

what is the address of this place then please denham... i will go to Indonesia in 3 weeks time for business trip may be i could drop by and see the place if it is in Jakarta

thanks

skiman, thanks for the reposting of my flickr pics at this thread. my fav sideshow item was always the first PF indy, but this comiquette is quickly gaining ground as i look at each day.

what is the address of this place then please denham... i will go to Indonesia in 3 weeks time for business trip may be i could drop by and see the place if it is in Jakarta

thanks

You probably know by now, but I'd suggest not to buy any expensive statues from Jakarta unless your eyes are pretty good at differentiating the originals and the fakes. When a local retailer sells a fake, you know it would be risky to buy from them.

I know several statue collectors from Indonesia. They have excellent library, and most of them bought their statues from the US. They ended paying more for the shipping and the import fees, but like they say, it is well worth it. My take is you should do the same.

I'm not generalizing here, but my advise is not to buy fake-prone statues like the Hulk vs Spidey and the Iron Man comiquette from sellers from Asia. There is always a risk that it is going to be fake. I'd rather pay a few hundred bucks more and buy from a trusted forum members than jeopardize my money on an item that has a high chance to be a fake.

I heard that there are fake SS stealth Iron Man from the Asia.

Here are the link from the froum - https://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60423&pid=1243282&st=90&#entry1243282

It getting Scary these days they even have fake Stealth Iron Man now.

Wow now a fake Stealth Iron Man? These recasters are capable of about anything. I saw a pictures of fake Capt America PF, Hulk PF alongside a few others on the neighboring forum.

Have to be careful these days!

Im not surprised. it's just a different paint job after all

Back