Queen Studios The Dark Knight: Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome, way better than the new Sideshow PF/Maq whatever it is. Did Prime 1 confirm to be making a 1/3? How are Queen Studios prices compared to P1?

GKb7Rap.jpg

WxZXwjK.jpg

spiET6D.jpg

I was expecting great things. Wow, this disappoints big time. Sideshow and 1/4 Hot Toys versions both look better than this.

Just be aware I heard that the facesculpt is still considered a work in progress, and is thought to be only 80% there (whatever that means). Heard this in Xtreme’s YouTube video.

Just be aware I heard that the facesculpt is still considered a work in progress, and is thought to be only 80% there (whatever that means). Heard this in Xtreme’s YouTube video.

I actually think the likeness turned out quite well compared to what we first saw. Definitely better than the SS attempts.

The rooted hair is throwing it off I think. The sculpt is better than Sideshow but not by much.

The hair needs to be wetter and shorter if they want to go by the jail scene. I doubt many will want to cut the hair, but I think styling it will really help.

Unfortunately the smaller you go with scale, the worse the clothes usually. Where it starts looking closer and closer to doll clothing.

They should've asked Kato for tips because his 1/3 and 1/6 tailoring is perfect. Considering how many screen shots are available, you'd think the color of the vest and number of buttons would at least be there, but there's still time to fix it.

Seems to me like the hair and mixed media is what's sinking this piece. To me, anyway.

Seems to me like the hair and mixed media is what's sinking this piece. To me, anyway.

I think on Xtreme’s video they implied that the hair had been attached fairly simply for now, rather than punched in. I think that’s why on the above photo the separation between the hair and the face looks way too clean.

Hopefully in the coming months we see a 100% complete head sculpt.

Back