Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with that. I guess what I was implying was that at the time Darth Talon was considered very intricate with all her tattoos and a lot of people questioned if SS could step up to the challenge. And SS did.

Similar situation here where they hopefully step up to the challenge.

if i'm not mistaken talons tattoos are carved into the statue and then painted on. this look to not be the case here.

if i'm not mistaken talons tattoos are carved into the statue and then painted on. this look to not be the case here.

They were which made it easier for the factory to not mess it up. Even still people were still worried she'd come out an absolute mess and she didn't.

So saying that SS can't replicate the proto without first seeing the production pieces is ludacris. They stepped up then so it's possible for them to step up now. No one on these forums can tell, only time can.

They were which made it easier for the factory to not mess it up. Even still people were still worried she'd come out an absolute mess and she didn't.

So saying that SS can't replicate the proto without first seeing the production pieces is ludacris. They stepped up then so it's possible for them to step up now. No one on these forums can tell, only time can.

i'm hopeful that your right. i would love to order this piece. but only if there is a switch out head without the pelvis bone hat. it looks really silly to me and i would prefer to have her without it.

i'm hopeful that your right. i would love to order this piece. but only if there is a switch out head without the pelvis bone hat. it looks really silly to me and i would prefer to have her without it.

Your the only one I've seen to make that comment. I think it's awesome and works as a head dress especially considering the Horror element to the piece.

I agree with Josh. I think it's awesome, fitting with who the character is supposed to be and original in design.

It will be interesting to see what they came up with for an exclusive for this piece. And this piece better have one...

I personally think the head dress is awesome but to each their own.

I personally would've liked to see more bone (horror) stuff on her. Her skin sorta looks too perfect for a "horror" piece IMO. :monkey1 She's still awesome though. That Red Death guy looks perfectly gross for this line!

Any word on the background story for these two yet?

deeeeeelish art.

queen_of_the_dead_original_sculpt_2_by_marknewman-d6enq44.jpg

queen_of_the_dead_3_by_marknewman-d6enqfu.jpg

The thing that I think is so amazing about how Mark did the pose with the arm and leg position is that it could absolutely be displayed without the skirt, without ever looking off or strange. Nothing about her hand position indicates there HAS to be something in her hand, so she would look equally as amazing sans fabric skirt.

I think of pieces like Rogue that were obviously sculpted to have the bomber jacket on. Well, some people chose to display her with coat off, but with her skinny arms it just looks weird. Plus, it makes her head look larger with no coat.

Back