Prop Quantum Mechanix Enterprise Refit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is my most-loved piece of the entirety of the 2011 San Diego Comic Con. :love One of the employees at their booth accused me of having a gay crush on Bob. But in reality, I kept returning to their booth to try to talk myself out of ordering this. I have failed utterly.

NOTE: All photos have been taken with a Canon S90 point-and-shoot. Yes, this replica is that awesome. :rock

5972893560_da9a145b57_b.jpg

5972330015_931ba56776_b.jpg

5972892722_12d36b69e0_b.jpg

5972900500_f835ce76aa_b.jpg

5972901302_b84241f2fd_b.jpg

5972344197_879a297e28_b.jpg

5972346469_d17044738f_b.jpg

5972907162_90e6ddc8bb_b.jpg

I will be selling a good portion of my collection in order to pay for this. So be watching that "For Sale" thread to grow exponentially.

What is the cost of it... its a f'n thing of beauty!!! :drool

Aside from my nostalgic love of the TOS Enterprise... I would have to say this is my favorite design. Perfect balance of the original Enterprise and a modern realistic approach.

Just saw that on the QMX site... 5K is ridiculous, but damn is it awesome and I can understand the cost given what will go into it.

It would be an amazing piece to own, but don't think I could ever justify 5k for any collectible in my mind :lol At least not until I've paid off my home, student loans, etc. :huh

The refit movie Enterprise is a timeless design never to he improved upon. I'd be all over this but for the price. I'm happy with my Bandai version.
I'd love a to scale, Excellsior with the NX-2000 designation :D

That is a work of art! I always wanted to get the original Enterprise from MR, but couldn't drop that much on a collectible. $5K is definitely out of my range.

The QMX guys told me that each replica represents 400 hours of labor to produce. As they're all made in the U.S. and not mass-produced in a Chinese factory, I wasn't at all surprised at the price.

It is really nice but,better to just buy a PL kit and have it custom built.

Also, the paint on this QMX refit looks good in some areas but, i thought the filming model(s) had more of a pearlesant finish..pretty sure.

over on therpf they've been able to get confirmation that it's really just a build-up of the Polar Lights 1:350 kit.
It's nice.. but there are several patrons of various modeling sites that do BETTER buildups for less.
Just saying.

over on therpf they've been able to get confirmation that it's really just a build-up of the Polar Lights 1:350 kit.
It's nice.. but there are several patrons of various modeling sites that do BETTER buildups for less.
Just saying.

That's interesting.... so what kind of price would it run to get one fully built? I'm always a fan of cheaper :lol

That's interesting.... so what kind of price would it run to get one fully built? I'm always a fan of cheaper :lol

From what numbers have been tossed around by those who've gone the "commissioned" route, roughly half of what QMX is charging and with MORE options.

Just saying.

How do you quantify "better"? If it has just about everything you could imagine - what would be "better?"

I advised a friend who wants this to buy the PL kit and shop around for a builder that will do it for $1500 + materials.

How do you quantify "better"? If it has just about everything you could imagine - what would be "better?"

For starters, the Aztec pattern on the QMX looks crap compared to other PL customs i've seen, ship registery on the warp nacelles looks like a decal..thats not good.

More accurate aztek (both the paints used and the pattern), re-shaping of inaccurate areas, the (I want to say Nemvia method though I may have the name incorrect) lighting that allows SOME of the light to bleed through thus creating the film accurate appearance, and of course, more $$ in the bank at the end of the day.
Plus more control over things like torpedoes.. heck, I have seen a couple that were built with dental lasers built into the phaser banks.
I'd like to see them add that in...

Back