Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

I've never ordered from QMX...
Where are they based? Do other online shops carry their stuff?

Ex has got to be he fascinating eyebrows raised head sculpt

Maybe before release, QMX will improve their international shipping situation...

Don't hold your breath. I asked them on Facebook if they could look into shipping options for international customers, as they were currently far more expensive than other retailers and suppliers. I was polite, non insulting, and even pointed out how much I would like to purchase their future products.

Their response was to simply delete my post.

I don't think anything is going to change on the shipping front from QMX any time soon.

I emailed them as well since the shipping to me in northern Alberta, Canada was $85 USD. They were polite but said there was nothing they could do. Seems weird to me since I have had much larger and heavier things shipped with insurance for less. And I would think they would have better shipping rates since they are doing a large amount of it.:dunno

Oh dear, sounds like they need a UK partner to distribute their exclusives :(

Essential accessories should not be exclusives, particularly if you have ridiculous international shipping! How is that Threezero can provide free global shipping when ordering direct from them and yet QMX charge more than any company I've ever dealt with in the US?

looks great, i may be interested for the right price. hopefully they do the alternate universe spock and kirk too!

This shipping issue for you guys outside the US sounds suspect. I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure we here in the states got free 2-day shipping. If they're trying to do the same thing for international customers, maybe that's where the cost is coming from. If someone at QMX had half a brain, they could just switch it to standard, unless they're afraid of not having a tracking option. Which makes me think, they might be concerned of scammers claiming they never received the item. It's a tough situation for both sides. The US Postal service is such a crap outfit, and every little thing costs exorbitant amounts of money unless you send it standard with no tracking or insurance.

Sideshow never have a problem delivering outside the US, so QMX have no excuse. Shipping from Sideshow is usually around $30-40 for a figure and they used UPS on the last one I had and I got a separate letter for VAT and import payments. UPS can't be a very cheap option either. So, that's $30 tracked to the UK per figure.

For an example - Robocop with chair (heavier than normal) cost $40 delivered to the UK.

It's not just the shipping fees either, there's 20% customs plus a handling fee if the carrier charges one. It really does make the price skyrocket. Overall, it can be costing a further 50% again (or more) on top of the product price.

Im not familiar with qmx's retail practices. So do you have to buy direct from them? I checked out their site and they have cool stuff, but Ive never seen their stuff carried with US retailers. Will these be carried by the regular retail outlets?

It's not just the shipping fees either, there's 20% customs plus a handling fee if the carrier charges one. It really does make the price skyrocket. Overall, it can be costing a further 50% again (or more) on top of the product price.

Yeah, but people are moaning about the shipping fees being so high. Everything shipped from the US hits us hard, but crazy shipping fees are making it totally impossible to buy exclusives.

Rather than upsetting people, they should just refuse to ship international or sort it out. Pick one of the other. Instead, they're saying it's out of their hands.

Have Sideshow never sold QMX's products?

Have Sideshow never sold QMX's products?

Not that I'm aware of, but that still wouldn't solve our problem of getting the Exclusives. You can buy the standard versions in the UK cheaper than we could get the exclusive version anyway (even if they charged $30 shipping).

So is this only available thru qmx?

Back