Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic Astra!

Happy Birthday Trek!

A reminder, BBC America is playing a marathon of series 1 & 2 of Star Trek the Original Series uncut in HD today!

The Man Trap starts at:
  • 8:30 ET
  • 7:30 CT
  • 6:30 MT
  • 8:30 PT

Fantastic pics astra:clap

Great pic Astra!
Thank you, and thank you for accepting my silliness! I already have a new one.

"Captain, it appears they made a movie about our adventures!"

I made the popcorn out of packing peanuts. I just cut it into small pieces and "buttered" it with a pastel stick. The cup is a small one I got in our cafeteria once with sparkling wine when they had an anniversary.

Kirks a masterpiece!! Spock is ok but there's something off, not quite right
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Very innovative popcorn bucket Astra!
And great pics James!
I've been rewatching TOS, I'm surprised how often that PADD shows up in the first season as well as the gold belts.
I missed a bunch of episodes because my Xfinity box malfunctioned and refused to record for 10 hours. State of the art my ass.

I'm surprised no one has taken pics of Sideshow's TZ Nightmare at 20,000 feet Gremlin with Kirk!
I own one but have no clue where it is in my onslaught of boxes.

I was all excited about building more 1/6 scale bridge stations but with no new PO announced I have moved on to a display that would be a good respesentation of the figures of this even if in the end it's just Kirk and Spock. A 3D printed 1/6th TOS Transporter pad. In the end it will have all six pads and this already is using 3 spools of filament. I hope to light it below the pads and above top and maybe the side walls. This is after a week's work. I will post further progress. As you can see it as big as card table even now

Great pic Astra!

Happy Birthday Trek!

A reminder, BBC America is playing a marathon of series 1 & 2 of Star Trek the Original Series uncut in HD today!

The Man Trap starts at:
  • 8:30 ET
  • 7:30 CT
  • 6:30 MT
  • 8:30 PT

I watched several episodes of Star Trek last weekend.
I still love that show, and the other 4 shows it spawned, as well.

I watched Man Trap when it first aired on September 8, 1966.
I was nine years old and loved the show instantly.

I bought Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Mr. Spock figure just last week.

Happy 50 Th, Star Trek!

Thank you, and thank you for accepting my silliness! I already have a new one.

"Captain, it appears they made a movie about our adventures!"

I made the popcorn out of packing peanuts. I just cut it into small pieces and "buttered" it with a pastel stick. The cup is a small one I got in our cafeteria once with sparkling wine when they had an anniversary.

Excellent photos, Astra! The popcorn looks great!

Hey fellow Collectors! I had the chance to check these Figures out! Below is my GERMAN Review for those of you who are intrested :D Cheers

I just left feedback! I found it on the QMX Twitter. Congratulations, you're famous ;) Hope I was able to answer some questions.

It was nice to see all the various joints and how they work. I admit I have been a bit careful with mine yet, not wanting to break anything. But I do intend to do the classic kneeling pose one day.

Spock and Kirk just arrived I'm giddy with happiness!
Unfortunately, I'm at the office and have no time to unpack them right now...

I'll post first impressions as soon as I can.

I just got Kirk and Spock today. HOLY ****! Amazing stuff. Paint job is kind of substandard though. Everything else blew me away.

One thing though. The instructions say that there are magnets to which the Phaser and Communicator can stick to on the pants (Not the belt).
I tried countless times to attach both props on both figures and it's just not happening.
Did the magnets get cut and the instructions not updated or something?

Both the pants and belt have metal in them. The accessories have the magnets. The strength and position of the magnets have given people trouble. You just have to futz with them. Though they may not stay well.

I just got Kirk and Spock today. HOLY ****! Amazing stuff. Paint job is kind of substandard though. Everything else blew me away.

One thing though. The instructions say that there are magnets to which the Phaser and Communicator can stick to on the pants (Not the belt).
I tried countless times to attach both props on both figures and it's just not happening.
Did the magnets get cut and the instructions not updated or something?

The magnet for the phaser is on the figure's right hip, at the seam of the pant. Try with the communicator instead with the phaser to find it, it connects easier as its magnet is stronger. The phaser has trouble staying on but if you try patiently, you will find the right spot. It goes easier with my Spock than with Kirk, as his pants seam is thicker and in the way, but in the end I also managed with Kirk. The phaser needs to be in a position of pointing down or slightly forward.

The other two magnets are at the back of the pants, left and right of the zip. You can't really miss them, they are quite obvious rectangles sticking a bit out. The instructions are wrong in saying that there is someting at the figure's left side, that one got changed to the back. As we always saw Kirk getting his communicator from behind.

The other two magnets are at the back of the pants, left and right of the zip. You can't really miss them, they are quite obvious rectangles sticking a bit out. The instructions are wrong in saying that there is someting at the figure's left side, that one got changed to the back. As we always saw Kirk getting his communicator from behind.

Thanks. I have them posed with their phasers for now. Since the connections are so precarious, I think I'll leave any unused communicators in the box.

I still can't believe how freaking awesome these things are. Ready for MORE!

Any idea if the heads come off easily? I was considering getting them redone by someone.

Thanks. I have them posed with their phasers for now. Since the connections are so precarious, I think I'll leave any unused communicators in the box.

Go back through the thread and you'll see solutions. I think it was Kuat who even made a superb hook.

Yes, the heads come off very easily. I just laid my Kirk onto the table and suddenly the head was lying beside him.
I think that is good as we hope that McCoy will come with his other shirt and you need to take off the head to change it.

Back