Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Just arrived from Aaron at Planet Action Figures:
Congratulations man! can't wait to hear your thoughts and maybe see some pics - I love mine!

28379718363_6431b3aa59_o.jpg

Just look at all that protective packing! :)
"Storage compartments, storage compartments?"
troubles-with-tribbles.jpg

Got mine too, thanks Aaron!

Not futzed yet and only a quick iPhone shot, but B-E-A-U-tiful!

IMG_5522.JPG

Love his fat suit. That was unexpected.

Kirk is getting really tempting... Been trying to keep my collection Marvel but seeming its already diverged with a little Star Wars and a little DC then one of my biggest childhood heroes may be too tempting a potential buy!

Think they really nailed the Shatner likeness, not sure on Spock but I imagine like a few figures he looks spot on in person, Anx10us who made the chair?

Another quick shot - I'm futzing Kirk into his iconic look. . .

IMG_5529.JPG

Just a heads-up to fellow UK batch recipients - The stickers for Kirk's pad were chucked in the top of the shipper. Not in the main box. Not even in the lining bag. So, be careful opening it! I guess they forgot and added them as an afterthought when packing. Enjoy everyone!

Why is it that they look so perfect in hand, but yet so seemingly impossible to photograph? :confused:

Exactly - pictures don't do them any justice at all. Need to take them to a studio :lol

Looking forward to mind arriving. Aaron has been brilliant! Has anyone else had trouble with their tracking though? Hermes seems to be useless at updating it.

Just opened Kirk...and he just oozes quality!

The sculpt, clothes, accessories. Everything just looks so good.
I KNOW RIGHT! So many people have said it, but I think it's true - these are the figures of the year.

Why is it that they look so perfect in hand, but yet so seemingly impossible to photograph? :confused:

I thought I had some decent daylight photos of them until I checked, and they all looked off.

I know, every pic I take of mine doesn't do them justice either.

This one with the flash on was the best of them:

28381012393_f22928a4e2_o.jpg

That's not a bad pic. Getting these from GMX makes me think I should have picked up a Malcolm Reynolds, I can't believe how good QMX is doing with 1/6 figures right out of the gate - I think they just leaped froged Sideshow and are flirting with Hot Toys quality right from the start.

And, has anyone managed to get the communicator to attach to the trousers? I think I can feel the metal plate but there's zero magnetic contact.

Yea, it just has a very tiny sweet spot.

Another quick shot - I'm futzing Kirk into his iconic look. . .

View attachment 285821
Great pose - Now I want a Chair!

Kirk is getting really tempting... Been trying to keep my collection Marvel but seeming its already diverged with a little Star Wars and a little DC then one of my biggest childhood heroes may be too tempting a potential buy!

I had no plans to buy these until I saw them either, they were completely off my radar, but what a wonderful surprise. If you are a fan of TOS you will really like these. I have 14 Marvel Movies HT figures, 15 Star Wars (11 HT 4 SS), 4 DC Movies/TV HT figures and a SS Indiana Jones, and these figures of Kirk and Spock have instantly become favorites in my collection. I'm in the process of trying to limit further collecting feeling like things are close to "complete", I am even considering selling a few figures and pairing down - but Kirk and Spock are a wonderful surprising addition which become one of the few figure I am certain I won't ever sell.

Think they really nailed the Shatner likeness, not sure on Spock but I imagine like a few figures he looks spot on in person,

Spock looks MUCH better in hand. I am blown away by Kirk's likeness too but Spock definitely looks like Spock and is very impressive.

Great pose - Now I want a Chair!

How did he get that pose? The body legs will not do that

Spock looks MUCH better in hand. I am blown away by Kirk's likeness too but Spock definitely looks like Spock and is very impressive.

:exactly: Spock looks better in hand but both are amazing

Mine came by Royal Mail Second Class Signed For as I went for free delivery, and they had their own tracking issues for much of the weekend due to "essential maintenance".

I went for free shipping too, unusual. Aaron has done his part and shipped them, its Hermes being difficult. I only needed to track them because we're trying to decide which days to go out this week, school hols and all... I didn't want to miss these gems!

Glad they are all finally arriving. I have another shipment of 50+ incoming. Very popular figures, not surprised as they are amazing. I did send some in just the shipper make sure to check in the documents enclosed as there's a little note and a coupon code!

Have you checked round the back for the plate? On the show they always put the comms round the back, just offset from centre..

Yup that's where they go on the show...the figure's accurate. But it doesn't help to show off the fantastic props, without clumsy poses with them holding everything! I had to resort to that with my Mezco and it just looks too busy.

Okay, when I said there was a "sweet spot" I was thinking of the right leg not left, I can't find a magnet on the left either. I didn't check the back because I have the belt on at the moment and I am using that for Spock's communicator. I know it might not be an "accurate" place for it, but I liked the belt and I wanted it to be seen (and contrast Kirk's Phaser on his belt).
IMG_2971.jpg

Either way Kuat of Kuat's clip move was a brilliant solution for having the communicator on the front left side.

Just a heads-up to fellow UK batch recipients - The stickers for Kirk's pad were chucked in the top of the shipper. Not in the main box. Not even in the lining bag. So, be careful opening it! I guess they forgot and added them as an afterthought when packing. Enjoy everyone!l

Wait, there were stickers? Mine (direct from QMX) didn't come with any. What did they look like?

Thanks for the pic.

Yeah, well mine certainly weren't applied...or even present.

Thanks for the pic.

Yeah, well mine certainly weren't applied...or even present.

I only noticed because I happened to open the box the right way up. Check carefully inside the shipper. Like I said - mine were between the outer bag and the shipper itself.

Already checked everywhere thoroughly again, the boxes and stuff still hasn't moved from where I opened it, plus I opened it on a clear area, so even at that size it should have been easy to spot if it floated out of the box. So either mine simply got missed, or perhaps the shipper was opened in customs and it fell out then.

Everything else was present, the extra belt and QMX card, the instruction sheet, and all the rest.

Damn.

Incidentally, I discovered by accident that the phaser rifle disassembles into three pieces. It's not glued together, so the front end with the barrel lifts out of a socket to release the transparent section.

That's for cleaning. Basic weapon maintenance 101 - safely dismantle, clean, put back together. :monkey3

Everything else was present, the extra belt and QMX card, the instruction sheet, and all the rest.

Damn.

Ah, no. I haven't checked the belts. Kuat, were yours correct in this batch? I didn't get a note saying otherwise either.

Last edited:
Back