Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Spock's neck seems way long...is the head in the correct position?

Length is fine - Just needed some futzing with the shoulders.

IMG_0304.jpg

Spock's neck seems way long...is the head in the correct position?
When I first got mine, while I was trying to adjust the collar the head popped off the body. I pushed it back on and continued to adjust the collar. The head is sitting in place in my photos. Also, my photos are centered from his stomach level looking a bit up which might make it look a little long. It's possible in jra81984's earlier photos the head might've worked it's way up and a bit off the ball joint in the body.
In person the neck doesn't look too long.

When I first got mine, while I was trying to adjust the collar the head popped off the body. I pushed it back on and continued to adjust the collar. The head is sitting in place in my photos. Also, my photos are centered from his stomach level looking a bit up which might make it look a little long. It's possible in jra81984's earlier photos the head might've worked it's way up and a bit off the ball joint in the body.
In person the neck doesn't look too long.

That's what happened. See the pic on the previous page. I am a big fan of this figure

The head is still looking a little too glossy and made up to me. The underlying likeness seems to be there (I can definitely see it in the straight-on shot below), but the paintjob just isn't bringing it out as well as it could for some reason. Maybe because the skin tone is off or the paint isn't emphasizing the right things...

gdffg.JPG

Went to see the new Star Trek movie, and when I came home, the exclusive Spock was waiting for me. Whoohoo! By the way, I'm in Wisconsin, so it's not just those on the coast getting theirs.

Well, I said mostly. Not all. :wink1:

Went to see the new Star Trek movie, and when I came home, the exclusive Spock was waiting for me. Whoohoo! By the way, I'm in Wisconsin, so it's not just those on the coast getting theirs.

Well, I said mostly. Not all. :wink1:

Yeah I'm located in KC Missouri, I guess I just got mine earlier than most. I did order immediately when the figures went up for order.
Still no shipping notice on the Excl. Kirk.

I'm so glad they changed the shirt colour on Spock to a paler screen-accurate blue. A few people were angry at me for raising the issue, even in a constructive fashion, but I think the figure is better for said feedback.

Yeah I'm located in KC Missouri, I guess I just got mine earlier than most. I did order immediately when the figures went up for order.
Still no shipping notice on the Excl. Kirk.

Spock arrived today but I have nothing yet on Ex Kirk. Spock is mighty lonely......

So happens I'm watching "The Gamesters of Triskelion" on MeTv...

Yeah I'm located in KC Missouri, I guess I just got mine earlier than most. I did order immediately when the figures went up for order. Still no shipping notice on the Excl. Kirk.

I did too. I'm in OK. The wait is killer. Especially when others are getting them. lol

I'm so glad they changed the shirt colour on Spock to a paler screen-accurate blue. A few people were angry at me for raising the issue, even in a constructive fashion, but I think the figure is better for said feedback.

I think we were the only two crying about it at the time. lol I honestly coudln't find that darker blue int he show. Even season three looked like pale blue to me. :dunno Glad it was updated.

I think we were the only two crying about it at the time. lol I honestly coudln't find that darker blue int he show. Even season three looked like pale blue to me. :dunno Glad it was updated.

Well, we owe thanks to QMx and nanjin for listening to constructive criticism.

Just opened Spock, Wow! He is the best Vulcan I have in my collection. I'm very happy with this purchase and look forward to the rest of the crew. Great job!

True. He did mention having close to 300 emails about it on his facebook too. Extremely happy with what I've been seeing. I'm a little worried about kirks turning out more green than yellow. I guess I have collectoritis.

You should see my mailbox. I had 300+ complaints from die hard trek cosplayers because we changed the blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aaaaargh! Spock looks amazing! The wait for these is becoming intolerable! Come on QMX! Start shipping to your overseas vendors asap!

Planet action figures. Aaron says he's expecting them the first week in August. I'm just VERY impatient!

Ah, yeah, same as me. I get the impression they left on release date but will have to wait a couple of weeks until they pass through customs etc. Gggrrrrr.

Needed to wait until today to free Spock from his restraints. Here's the packaging:

P1010021.JPG

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Back