QOrange - 1/6 QOM-1026 German 1st Mountain Division (1. Gebirgs-Division) Caucasus, 1942

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Qorange 1. Gebirgs Division.jpg

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 2.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 3.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 4.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 5.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 6.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 7.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 8.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 9.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 10.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 11.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 12.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 13.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 15.jpg

QORANGE QOTOYS 1/6 German First Mountain Infantry Division CAUCASUS 1942
NO.QOM-1026

Mountain Hat * 1
M36 Uniform * 1
M36 Trousers * 1
Mountain Windbreaker * 1
Mountain Boots * 2
Leggings * 2
M1931 Mountain Knapsack * 1
Y-straps * 1
Belt * 1
Mountain Goggles * 1
Mountain Pickaxe * 1
Mountain Hammer * 1
Lashing Rope * 1
Rock Nail Climbing Rope * 1
Glove Bag * 1
Kettle * 1
Lunch Box * 1
Neck Sleeve * 1
Scarf * 1
Gloves * 1
Poncho * 1
Pouch * 2
Breast Eagle * 1
Collar * 1
Armband * 1
Edelweiss crest * 1
Handmade 98K Carbine * 1 G33/40
Metal Bullets * 5

Not include head sculpt and body, All made of genuine leather, Clothes buttons, Tools etc all made of metal.

The rifle appears to be a Gewehr G33/40 rather than a Karabiner 98k.

The G33/40 was apparently exclusively used by the Gebirgsjäger. The wood over the top in front of the sight, over the barrel further towards the muzzle, and the metal butt plate differ from the K98k.

G33:

g33.jpg

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division 14.jpg

K98k:

k98k.jpg

The Gewehr 33/40 was a rotating bolt-action rifle based heavily on the Czech vz.33 rifle, itself inspired by the famous Gewehr 98.[1] The rifle was rather short at only one meter long.

Like the Karabiner 98k, the Gewehr 33/40 was fed by five round stripper clips and was chambered in the standard German 7.92 x 57mm Mauser cartridge.[2]

A noteworthy feature of the rifle was the metal plate at the far end of the stock. This protective metal sheet was attached to render the weapon useful as a climbing tool and hiking stick for the mountain troops that fielded it. [3]

On the minus side, soldiers often complained of the rifle's heavy recoil, describing it as "unpleasant".[3]

The front sight was a standard open-rear, blade front with a hood, akin to the other German service rifles. The gradual sights were adjustable for up to 1,000 meters in range.[3]

History​

The Gewehr 33/40 was requisitioned in 1940 as a variant of the Czech vz.33 for Germany' specialized alpine troops. The rifles were even assembled in the same factory as their inspirations in Brno, Czechoslovakia. [3][2]

The rifles served with numerous units in harsh mountainous conditions throughout World War II.

The Gewehr 33/40 had a short production run, however. It was discontinued in 1942 when the Brno complex converted to the standard Karabiner 98k, which was now supplanting nearly all German service rifles in the Wehrmacht. By the end of the war, a meager ~120,000 Gewehr 33/40s were completed. [2]

https://ww2-history.fandom.com/wiki/Gewehr_33/40#cite_note-CZ-1

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=392693&extra=page=1
q1.jpg
q2.jpg

A thank you, to all my friends.

With support and encouragement, Qingcheng can stay awake.

Doubts about the weapons used by the German First Mountain Division in the Caucasus of QOM-1026, and the problem of the slimming of the German uniforms, have been fed back to this point through multiple channels. Based on the reference from the original product, the optimized content can be shown in the picture above for all guests.

QOTOYS, Green Orange is working hard...

Thank you for your continued concern and support for QOTOYS.

New products will continue to be launched in the future, so stay tuned, thank you!

These and the Jäger sets were despatched from Kit on Tuesday.

I thought there would've been reviews on BBICN by now as Qorange seem quite popular in China.

I must have missed this thread until now. It does look like a very good figure. I've never heard of "QOrange" before now. Always good to see another company getting into the WWII mix.

Funny, I was just looking at the QORANGE WW1 French soldier thread when I saw this thread pop up again. Interesting that they keep posing their outfits on figs with HQ but unmentioned headsculpts. Do we have any idea what bodies their using?

I must have missed this thread until now. It does look like a very good figure. I've never heard of "QOrange" before now. Always good to see another company getting into the WWII mix.

QOrange go back a few years, but they used to mainly do Chinese, Japanese and Russian military, from the 1930s up to the Chernobyl clean up crew.

I think the Gebirgsjager and Jager are their first Germans. The WWI French soldier came out of nowhere too.

Funny, I was just looking at the QORANGE WW1 French soldier thread when I saw this thread pop up again. Interesting that they keep posing their outfits on figs with HQ but unmentioned headsculpts. Do we have any idea what bodies their using?

I don't think they ever recommend what bodies to use.

I have a bunch of bodies and heads ready for future figures. For the Gebirgsjager I'm planning to use a DID regular Slim and a short, slim CraftOne. For the Jager, as I'm hoping to get away without using the uniform under the anorak and overtrousers, I have a pair of tall, muscular CraftOne bodies.

Finally there's a review... and it's a mixed bag.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=395839&extra=page=1
963635071 said:
It's also my first time playing Mountain Division. The accessories are plentiful, but there are some flaws. The cracks in the leather shoes are obviously just received, and they are probably cracked at this level. The magazine bag is not very well made, the top cover is all glued, and the glue is broken. It is best to switch to suture craft. Also, the collar stamps given are not very good and are a bit blurred. The advantage is that there are many metal accessories, trekking poles and picks are all metal, and it is rare for kettles to be metal. I used did dwarf body, did brother's head sculpt, and some small accessories. Transform into a sniper.

They've added some parts to the figure that weren't in the set, and have been a bit slapdash with assembly which doesn't help QOrange's cause.

Not sure what's going on with the crackled boots, but it's probably because it actually is genuine leather.

Can't make out the issue with the magazine pouches, unless 963635071 already reglued them closed. A bit wonky looking would be okay, as QOrange's look even more uniform than the ones shown on this page about the G33/40 mountain carbine:

60012e4cc99d80620400c6044997fb4688835622128bd.jpg

By "mixed bag", nothing expresses that as much as the difference between the wood and metal carbine, and then the climbing hammer that looks like it came from a Playmobil figure.

QOrange also went back to the Gebirgsjager trousers with the seat reinforcement, after showing an updated pair without it. They're baggier than the much panned prototype though.

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 1.jpg

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 2.jpg

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 3.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 4.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 5.jpg
QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 6.jpg

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 7.jpg

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 8.jpg

QOrange 1. Gebirgs Division in hand 9.jpg

The wind jacket fastens with poppers. Their copy is unfortunately suffering the Mars Toys' first batch Joker problem: the issue of unsightly popperage.

Overall I think he looks workable, and fixable. Mine are due to be delivered on Tuesday along with QOrange's 100. Jager pair.

Last edited:
Boots look fine in the pics from further away, but it’s surprising they’d already crumble that much by time of delivery… that garand looks really really good

Boots look fine in the pics from further away, but it’s surprising they’d already crumble that much by time of delivery…

I'm thinking it's just the natural variation in the leather used. QOrange are known to use real leather, rather than the glued together composite kind that most other companies claim as "real leather" (like DID).

that garand looks really really good

I knew QOrange had a reputation for their wood and metal weapons.

The "Mountain Mauser":

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/01/11/g33-40-the-wwii-mountain-mauser

Looking closer at the photos I notice 963635071 applied the Edelweiss patch to the wrong arm. By regulation it was worn on the upper right arm 16cm from the shoulder seam on the field tunic and greatcoat.

Checking to see whether it was also permitted on the wind jacket I found confirmation on this page:

https://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H057479.html
BACKGROUND: During WWII the German army fielded nine Gebirgsjäger, (Mountain Troop), Divisions with an additional six Waffen-SS, (Armed-SS), Mountain Divisions. Generally speaking the Mountain Divisions were specially trained and equipped Infantry Divisions designed for mountainous warfare. Due to the nature of the terrain and the commonly colder climates that the Mountain Divisions were expected to serve in, special clothing, footwear, equipment and support weapons were developed and issued specifically for their use. Primarily the special equipment developed for the Mountain troop personnel consisted of winter warfare and mountain climbing related items and included, skis, ski accessories, crampons, pitons, ice pick axes, snowshoes, snow goggles, etc. etc.. One of the specific Mountain trooper’s clothing items was the wind jacket which was introduced in 1938 and saw limited wear during the war. The wind jackets were designed to fit over the standard uniform and equipment and as a result were cut quite large. Regulations dictated that no collar tabs or national breast eagles were to be worn on the wind jacket but slip on shoulder straps/boards, EM’s and junior NCO’s sleeve rank insignia and the Mountain trooper’s Edelweiss insignia were to be worn. The different branches of service within the German army were allocated a specific, identifying, waffenfarbe, (Branch of Service Color), with light green being chosen for Gebirgsjäger, (Mountain Troop), personnel which was displayed as piping on the shoulder straps/boards. Of Note: On May 2ND 1939 the OKH, Oberkommando des Heeres, (High Command of the Army), authorized wear of a distinctive Edelweiss tradition badge by Mountain Troop personnel to be worn on the upper right sleeve of the service, dress and field uniforms including the wind jacket. The design of the Edelweiss badge was based on a badge introduced by Emperor Franz-Joseph I in 1907 for the Austro-Hungarian Alpine troops and granted for wear by Imperial German Alpine troops in 1915 as an honorary emblem of bravery. Of Note: The Edelweiss, (Noble White), (scientifically, {Leontopodium Alpinum}), is a European Mountain flower of the Asteraceae, (Sunflower), family which tends to flourish in inaccessible, rocky, limestone locations at altitudes ranging from roughly, 6,560 to 9,515 feet, (2,000 to 2,900 meters), making it a most suitable emblem for Mountain troops. On introduction the badge was on a blue/green badge cloth base, but in early 1940 this was altered to a field-grey wool base. Of Note: A metal Edelweiss with stem was designed for wear on the mountain cap and a stemless Edelweiss was authorized for wear on the visor cap. Original regulations, unsuccessfully, dictated the Edelweisses were to be removed from wear if the personnel were transferred out of a Mountain Troop unit. On November 12TH 1944 regulations were altered to permitted continued wear of the Edelweiss after transfer out of a Mountain Troop unit as long as the individual had combat experience with the Mountain Troops. Generally EM/NCO personnel utilized machine embroidered or woven Edelweisses while Officer’s ranks wore higher quality, hand embroidered Edelweisses. The Mountain Troops proved themselves especially valuable in all the mountainous theatres of the war including the Carpathians, Norway, the Balkans and Greece and Northern Italy as well as Crete.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Olive drab, waterproofed, cotton duck construction, three quarter length, double breasted style, Mountain trooper’s wind jacket with small, fold back, lapels and a large, lay down collar. The jacket features dual, vertical, parallel, rows of five, front closure buttons with the corresponding button eyelets on the left front panel. The jacket also had a single, metal hook and eye positioned at the forward neckline for a secure closure, although the hook is absent. The jacket has two, slightly diagonally angled, slash, lower breast pockets and two, pleated, horizontal, patch, hip pockets all with scalloped, button down, flaps. The jacket has no breast eagle as per regulations. The dual-ply, straight cut, sleeve cuffs each have a horizontal, fit adjustment strap, with a single button eyelet, machine stitched to the inner seam with dual, corresponding, fit adjustment buttons to each. The reverse of the jacket has a central, vertical, machine stitched seam, an opened, reverse pleat to the upper section and a non-adjustable, half-belt with two ornamental buttons, machine stitched to the side seams at the waistline. The jacket has cotton shoulder strap/board retaining loops and black bakelite buttons intact but the slip on shoulder strap/boards have been removed. The large, lay down collar has no collar tabs or any evidence of any ever having been applied, as per regulations. The reverse of the collar has the typical zig-zag reinforcement stitching and an extended, fabric tab with a single button eyelet and corresponding button beneath the left side with an additional corresponding button beneath the right side for a secure neck closure in inclement weather. The unlined interior of the jacket has dual-ply, front closure panels. The interior, right side, front closure panel is well marked with black inkstamped "Gr II" for the size and a 1944 date. The front closure, pocket, cuff and half-belt buttons are all the large, molded, black bakelite type while the shoulder strap/board buttons are the smaller, molded black bakelite type and all but one shoulder strap/board button appear to have their original stitching. The wind jackets were designed large enough to fit over the standard field uniform and this example is roughly size 40" chest. Superb condition.

The sets have arrived.

The boots are fine, without any crackling. Just natural texturing.

Tailoring looks good and the material is suitably thin. The tunic fastens with working buttons, but the wind jacket has black plastic poppers which look like they ought to be concealed pretty well.

The bread bag and backpack, along with its pouches, are already stuffed with tissue paper to make them appear full.

As noted by the latest post on BBICN, the backpack lacks the waist strap, though it does have the pair of loops that the strap would pass though.

The ice pick and hammer are completely metal, which is overkill since the handles are meant to be wooden.

The carbine is wood and metal, and comes with a clip of five metal rounds. However, I don't know if the bolt is meant to move to have the figure loading the gun. I'm afraid to force it because metal at that scale can be so fragile.

Overall it looks like a very good set. The items are well packed in a series of bags, with the rifle wrapped in bubble paper, and the hammer and pick in tissue.

I'm not convinced it's all "genuine leather", but most companies have to lie about that in order to get sales from the far east. Some of the smaller straps, for the backpack, bread bag, anklets, canteen, etc look like pleather, with that machined pattern. These are parts where genuine leather would likely be too thick to work for the scale.

The cap is scaled more towards a DID sculpt. It perfectly fits the bearded CooModel Milanese Knight I had planned for one figure.

Ujindou's UD9020 SAS sculpt is a perfect match for the cap, so my second figure will be using that. Both will be on DID Advanced Slim bodies.

It's great to hear how you are able to fashion a second figure with the plethora of "goodies" provided by these companies.

Looking forward to seeing them.

It's great to hear how you are able to fashion a second figure with the plethora of "goodies" provided by these companies.

Looking forward to seeing them.

I bought two sets each of the Gebirgsjager and Jager. It's easier to make more from the Jager sets as they don't need the uniform under the anorak and over trousers.

However, at the moment I don't have belts, enough headwear or other gear to make full figures. So I'll be storing the unused uniforms and see if they come in handy later.

The backpack in this Gebirgsjager set is odd. Someone on BBICN queried why there wasn't a waist strap as advertised, but I don't think the M1931 came with one.

I thought the two loops on the back were to hold the planned strap, but now I think they must be where the shoulder straps fasten as there's nowhere else to hook them.

Looking at photos of a 1:1 replica I think there should be another set of straps with hooks on them:

Backpack-strap-made-leather.jpg

Photos of the vintage Dragon Models version also showed up. This one had the waist belt, and it appears they designed it so shoulders straps hooked to the waist belt:

C_DRF71201_02.jpg

I don't know what's correct, but the only thing to do with the QOrange is hook the shoulder straps to the belt loops. It's not really going to be seen anyway.

The GJ is a really good one. I find him much more impressive than the Jager. Though I've made the first one using the MP38 and pouches from the Jager:

100_4847.JPG

100_4844.JPG

100_4845.JPG
100_4846.JPG

100_4848.JPG

One issue is that the anklets are too short to connect around the top of the boots. The trousers have a strap and buckle on them at the bottom, so that also increases the diameter that the anklets have to cover.

Ok, more info on the pistol/holster collection! :lecture

This is an old photo which shows most of them:

50962733172_0847ec9055_o.jpg

It's a mixture of deactivated, black powder, blank firing, airsoft and replicas.

The list I kept while I was still collecting them:

Deactivated

Webley Mk. IV .38 double action with 5” barrel (UK, c.1965) (B29665 = 1964-1968)

Tokarev Mod. TT-33 7.62 mm semi-automatic (Soviet Union, dated 1953)

Vincenzo Bernardelli Model 60 .22 LR (Gardone proof mark 'AB' for 1959)

Black Powder

Colt 1851 Navy .36 / 9mm blank (Gardone proof mark 'AD' for 1978) (Pietta, Italy)

Jukar (c.1820s-1850s design) .44 percussion cap muzzle loader pistol - Maslin percussion lock mechanism (Spain).

Blank Firer

Beretta Mod. 1934 9mm semi-automatic (MGC/RMI, Japan)

Colt 1851 Navy (Uberti, Italy)

Colt 1873 Single Action Army .44-40 Long Blank (MGC/RMI, Japan)

Colt 1874 Single Action Army .45 (MGC/RMI, Japan)

Colt 1873 Single Action Army 'Cavalry' .44 (CMC, Japan, 1968)

Colt 1911 9mm semi-automatic (Bruni, Italy. Imported by Webley)

Colt Cobra .38 Special (Malugo/Marugo, Japan)

Fritum .22 blank. (Belgium?) (Magazine missing)

Mauser C96 Mod. 1930 (Hudson, Japan)

Mayer & Riem 1933 'Perfecta' Mod. S 8-shot repeating 6mm Flobert (c.1960, West Germany)

Remington 1858 New Model Army .44 cartridge conversion 9mm blank (Gardone proof mark 'CC' for 2008) (Pietta, Italy)

Smith & Wesson Model 19 .357 Combat Magnum 4” barrel (MGC/RMI, Japan)

Webley & Scott Mk. 1 Sports Starting Pistol (for use with Webley No. 1 (.22) (6mm saloon blank cartridges) (1950s, England)

Airgun

Anics A-9000S – Beretta 9000S replica. .177 / 4.5mm CO2 22-shot repeating single or double action (Russia)

Anics Skif A-3000 .177 CO2 28-shot repeating single or double action (Russia)

Baikal Makarov MP-654K Generation 1 1999 .177 CO2 (IMZ Makarov factory, Russia)

Beretta Mod. 92FS .177 CO2 licensed by Beretta (c.2011, Umarex, Germany)

Colt 1911A1 (Tanfoglio Witness) .177 steel BB CO2 licensed by Tanfoglio (c.2011, Cybergun, France) (Accurate working replica of a 1911A1)

Sig Sauer P226 X-Five .177 (steel BB) CO2 with blowback, licensed by Sig Sauer (Cybergun, France) (Accurate working replica of a Sig Sauer P226 X-Five Tactical with 19 round magazine and Magwell grips)

Stern .22 (5.5mm) air rifle with rifled barrel. (1930s, Germany)

Walther CP99 .177 CO2 licensed by Walther (Umarex, Germany)

Webley Nemesis .177 (UK)

Airsoft

Dan Wesson .357 Magnum with 2.5” barrel 6mm CO2

Heckler & Koch MP5A3 9mm

Smith & Wesson Model 6904 9x19mm parabellum semi-automatic (KJ Works? Has correct trademarks)

Walther P99 9mm

Replica

C18th Bunney Pocket Pistol (Denix, Spain)

Prussian Cavalry Pistol Model 1850 Percussion .60 calibre. (Made in India in the 1970s?)

Luger P08 9mm Parabellum (Denix, Spain)

Remington Model 1875 Single Action Army .45 (Denix, Spain)

Smith & Wesson 1869 Model 3 .44 Russian / .45 Schofield (Denix, Spain)

Walther P38 9mm Parabellum (Denix, Spain)

Webley British Bull Dog .44 (Denix, Spain)

Winchester M1866 .44 (Denix, Spain)

Back