Qmx SUPERNATURAL Dean Winchester 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Qmx-Supernatural 1/6th Scale Collectible Figures

QMX said:
loaded with accessories
QMX said:
all the tools a hunter could want
Two guns and two knifes from later seasons? Don't oversell it, QMX! :rotfl

The head looks dodgy and guns look really bad... :monkey2
But the outfit looks great so I'll bite. Can always buy better weaponry for cheap and make my own accs.

The only thing I absolutely do not understand is why the heck he costs $40 more than Trek figures???
I could understand that if he had leather jacket, better/more accessories... But he's bare-bones.

Sculpt looks more like Tom Berenger.

As glad as I am to finally see this, I do think it's quite off from Jensen Ackles. That kept me from getting as excited as I could have been.

He's like William Shatner and Harrison Ford that way, IMHO. I've never seen a sculpt of him that didn't look off - and with this the biggest issue to me is the eyes and the area surrounding the eyes.

With Kirk looking so great, I was hoping for this to be in the same ballpark, even if not quite as good, and it's really not.

I'll be getting it, but I'll likely fork out extra money to try and get the headsculpt closer to the actor.

Hope those are just poor photos, because otherwise it looks like the likeness has taken a bit of a dive since the con appearances. And the pistol look really undersized (and cheaply made), too.

I loved the proto, I thought it was pretty much spot on, and I was really looking forward to the release, but very iffy on it now, based on these latest photos.

To be honest, I think the proto was off, too. Just maybe not quite as much. But I was hoping for improvement even when they were first revealed.

I think Castiel looked the best out of all three displayed at Cons.

To each their own, I guess. But personally I would have been completely happy (and instantly ordered) if the sculpt still looked like this:
013a71364a34da419fc6c66f800a34be.jpg

Yeah, I don't see too much of a drop-off from proto to this. The proto was off and so is this. He looks better from certain angles. I'm hoping a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow might improve the sculpt.

It is exactly the same sculpt. I think the difference is in the fact that one they were showin' at cons was proto painted by an artist, while the one on official pics is a production sample. Plus the neck seems much shorter.

I was really looking forward to this figure cause I love the stuff fro QMX... but I also think the head is very off...also the hair (he has the same haircut again and again, except for the time he was a demon)

I mean, Jensen still has a very soft, boygroup-y model face...but the face of this guy here looks very old and used...like he's a 55 years old farmer guy....
The lines are too hard and what happened to his chin?

I mean, that was in 2015...his figure is supposed to be younger...

1200px-Jensen_Ackles_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg

I think the eyes are too small. A quick edit in photoshop to enlarge the eyes
deanps.jpg

Showed pics of the figure to my wife for an unbiased opinion. She's a fan of the show too. First words were, "that's terrible." I think I'll stick with my kitbash. Those ebay heads were pretty fantastic.

Showed pics of the figure to my wife for an unbiased opinion. She's a fan of the show too. First words were, "that's terrible." I think I'll stick with my kitbash. Those ebay heads were pretty fantastic.

Tough crowd.

Did the same thing last night, my wife was like "meh" lol. I like it tough, i skipped making a kitbash for this so i'll buy it anyway.

I actually like the clothes and weaponry. Can't justify it on that alone. The head definitely could have been better.

A rep on Facebook said these pictures are still the prototype.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I ordered the fun toys head today.
Well, I hope it is the funtoys one...there are two versions on ebay, but they look the same...

Back