Qmx SUPERNATURAL Dean Winchester 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Qmx-Supernatural 1/6th Scale Collectible Figures

Crowley is probably the only other one I'd be guaranteed to buy personally. Maybe Bobby and Jody too, if the sculpts were really good.

Sam will be early next year. We want to space them out so budgeting is easier. Castiel will be mid-2018.

What other characters would you like to see?

Besides Crowley, of course.

I'd like to see Bobby, Lucifer, and (a long shot, I know) Death.

Sam will be early next year. We want to space them out so budgeting is easier. Castiel will be mid-2018.

Thanks for the info Dave, makes since! Definitely Crowley, followed by Lucifer, Bobby and Jodie. and the Impala, of course :)

So is Dean shipping before the end of the year, or going up for pre-order before the end of the year?

Announced or released?

Also I don't want to see Crowley since I think his character was one of the worst things to happen to the show. Ruining the concept of hell by turning it into a boring corporation, and the boys becoming friends with him without every holding him accountable for all the people he's killed. Bathos has completely ruined this show in the later years.

I would like to see Bobby, John, Meg (original), and Azezal though.

Announced or released?

Also I don't want to see Crowley since I think his character was one of the worst things to happen to the show. Ruining the concept of hell by turning it into a boring corporation, and the boys becoming friends with him without every holding him accountable for all the people he's killed. Bathos has completely ruined this show in the later years.

I would like to see Bobby, John, Meg (original), and Azezal though.

QMX puts their figures up for order when they're ready to ship instead of putting them up for preorder a year (or more depending on the company) before they're ready. The only problem I have with that system is that there is very little information from the company about the figures until they go up.

Gabriel and Lucifer, cause the ArchangelBros are my faves :). Oh and Charlie and Rowena of course.

I'll likely stop after Castiel.

The only other characters I think I would want enough to spend $$$ on are ones that have NO chance of being made - like Jo Harvelle and Katie Cassidy's Ruby.

Crowley went way past his expiration date for me. I like Bobby, but I don't know if I want to pay out $$$$ for him. John......I don't know.

ETA: The Impala. I would absolutely LOVE to have a 1/6th Impala for Sam and Dean. I don't do vehicles in 1/6th scale at all, but that one I would genuinely make every effort to get.

Last edited:

ETA: The Impala. I would absolutely LOVE to have a 1/6th Impala for Sam and Dean. I don't do vehicles in 1/6th scale at all, but that one I would genuinely make every effort to get.

And that could be an important move by QMx. If done right, car enthusiasts would come out of the woodwork to pick one up regardless of the figures. There is a distinct lack of real world vehicles in this scale and would be a real centerpiece to any muscle car collectors man cave.

I don't know about that. From my experience most car collectors seem to be pretty biased against plastic and pretty locked into established scales. You might get a few, particularly if they also happen to be supernatural fans, but personally I don't see a lot of crossover potential there myself.

The Impala was basically the third main character of the show - Castiel was really the fourth.

I don't know about crossover appeal with model car collectors or the like, when it comes to the Impala, but I do hope QMX finds ways to advertise to the (likely big) section of the SPN fanbase that doesn't necessarily collect this kind of stuff, but would buy Sam and Dean (or Cas) purely because it's Supernatural.

They've waited too long for this licence imo. Twelve seasons down, the show is long past it's hey day in popularity. I was a massive fan of this show for many years, but I'm still back at season 10 and with so many other amazing shows being made now, it's kind of on the end of a long list.

I'll still be in for Sam, Dean and Castiel, but I doubt I'd go any deeper than that.

It will be interesting to see how well these figures sell though and if there is a big enough Supernatural fanbase still out there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh, I agree with you on the length of time it took for anyone to grab this license. I remember SPN merch in general being pretty scarce during the show's peak: the earlier seasons. And if I had my way, I would've preferred younger versions of the brothers because those seasons represent the show at its best. Whenever I go back and rewatch them I'm always struck by the sharp contrast in quality and how much more atmospheric the show was, before they lightened it up and started parodying themselves some, dumbed down the demons, etc.....

There's a small but very die-hard and dedicated base still out there. But I would guess there are some in it that don't collect action figures in general and would only get these if they know about them. I've actually told some fans IRL about QMX, they didn't know anything about them having the license or them making 1/6th figures.

To me it doesn't matter how long a show has been on or off the air to determine how much of a fan I am or what I'll buy from it. I've been a fan of the show since the start and will be long after it's gone and I'm watching reruns. I've wanted figures for years and now we're finally getting them. Will I buy every character they make? Nope... don't do that with any franchise. Will I buy the characters I want? Absolutely! Sam, Dean, Bobby, Cas, Crowley and Lucifer are on my want list but for sure Sam and Dean will be sitting on a shelf in my display.

For many, that is the case. But there's also fad collecting and getting in while they hype is good. If you're a company making figures, that is the best time to do it - because you'll get more people that way. There's also that, as shows go on, sometimes fans lose their love for them or think they aren't as good as they once were, and then become less likely to spend money on collectibles.

The threezero Walking Dead threads have some of this in them - the "if only they'd gotten these out years ago I would've bought them", and "they're releasing versions of characters 3 season behind", and "I'm not into the show anymore, no interest in figs".

That's always going to be a reality with companies because there are so many things out there now competing for peoples' attentions. And not everything's going to remain viable. I mean, Buffy was a huge cult hit, and yet, very few companies are currently doing anything with the license - the 20th anniversary just passed, and no one jumped on the 1/6th or action figure train outside of Funko (who already had the license).

I'll always be first and foremost a fan of the earlier seasons - I don't watch with the same passion or interest I used to. But I loved it so much and have such good memories of those times I'm still in for figures. So I'm one of the people who will always love at least enough of this show to get figures from it, myself.

Last edited:

Been a fan since day one, got a whole lotta love for seasons 1-5, but when Kripke finished his run and stepped down as showrunner, it lost its way, and I fell out of watching it. Almost caught up now, and for my money, season 10 is the best overall since the fifth. Really looking forward to these.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about these yet. I thought Dean was supposed to have been up for order around the first or second quarter of the year.

Back