Qmx SUPERNATURAL Dean Winchester 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumor has it most of the 1/6 stuff not already produced is done at QMx. They aren't giving up on the 1/6 scale for other things. There's a different license they are trying there. But moving to a different scale for other licenses.

So they're scrapping everything they've previewed but aren't giving up on 1/6?

I just don't get it. Pretty much all of their releases were met with acclaim and good reception. Why they've treated this aspect of their company so poorly is beyond me.

Without Nanjin QMx's 1/6 would likely be as bad as Star Ace's.

And I dread the possibility that Star Ace pick up the licenses QMX drop. :horror

QMX stockpiling all of the licenses to literally everything I want to see in 1/6 scale is made even more painful by the fact that I?ve loved everything they?ve put out so far.

Honestly, if they give up on their existing properties without putting out Sam and at least Uhura from Star Trek it would be unforgivable. Of course that?s what?s going to happen though.

Stockpiling licenses and doing nothing with them... Hmm, this sounds vaguely familiar. Who else does this...? Oh, yeah! Hot Toys!

Well, I finally decided that they would never make Sam and that I had to get my Dean out of storage. I cobbled together a Sam from the head sculpt and clothing available on Ebay. Got lucky and found a parted out Dean figure stand for the match. Right now, the Sam is on too short of a body, but I can fix that pretty easily. The Sam knock off sculpt is actually quite good, albeit a bit small. Check them out:

IMG_2783.jpg

Nice job.

What's that jacket Sam is wearing from, if you don't mind my asking?

Got it off of eBay. It?s a world war 2 jacket. I think it was 11 bucks. All in was a little over $100 for Sam including the body and sculpt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any insider info on if we?ll get, at the least, Sam? I see Dean is still in stock at most places, so it must not have sold well and I?m sure COVID didn?t help matters. QMX seems to ignore any inquiries.

Didn't QMX more or less say that they were done with 1/6 or was that just their Star Trek line?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I stopped following all of their media. I only was interested in 1/6 and when they dumped all that I was done with them.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

At this point, Dean will go back in the box, and probably be forgotten.

Mine was in the box for almost two years and I finally cobbled together a decent Sam from the knockoff sculpt and some clothing off eBay. It's "good enough" for me at this point because QMX is never making Sam. So sad, considering Dean would've sold much better if they offered both at the same time.

I'm curious if anyone has any parts to make a 1/6 Castiel please DM me. Mainly looking for the Headsculpt, Trench coat and Angel Blade.

Warriors Gate did all four (Bobby). Look on shapeways for the blade.

I was pretty much just working with the references I had as I was getting pretty into Doctor Who at the time. After deciding to make this War Doctor head I found it extremely easy to work with and

Always thought the way to go was to have the open trunk made. So imagine from half the back quarter of Baby with the trunk open and the brothers on either side. Full trunk of weapons.

Back