QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hossein Diba's Picard sculpt for Darkside Collectibles 1/3 statue. Shame QmX didn't hire this guy back then. The quest for a great 1/6 Picard will never end. Great figures with sculpts like this can be done. Companies just need to pick the right person to do it. Nanjin did everything right uniform wise, but that first headsculpt could have been amazing.
20200323_224918.jpg
20200324_075812.jpg

Last edited:
Nanjin,

What are the odds of you getting the rights to produce Trek figures? You obviously have a true passion for it and a track record of being able to get quality figures produced. I can't think of someone i'd rather have heading up that effort.

Nanjin,

What are the odds of you getting the rights to produce Trek figures? You obviously have a true passion for it and a track record of being able to get quality figures produced. I can't think of someone i'd rather have heading up that effort.

Yes. Can we try to fund a run of one of your un-produced figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until the licensing agreement ends with QMX, I don’t think Nanjin would take that risk — particularly since he’s back here in the states, and a lawsuit would be much easier to implement.

I'm more interested in how long is left on the QMX license.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Until the licensing agreement ends with QMX, I don?t think Nanjin would take that risk ? particularly since he?s back here in the states, and a lawsuit would be much easier to implement.
QMx would love to sue me! (I hope they do but not with Trek)

I am looking at ViacomCBS. If I offended them, I can NEVER EVER able to produce ALL TREK.

The top person in CBS Consumer Product knows me.

My last tactic is to organize a petition for ViacomCBS Trek department.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

QMx would love to sue me! (I hope they do but not with Trek)

I am looking at ViacomCBS. If I offended them, I can NEVER EVER able to produce ALL TREK.

The top person in CBS Consumer Product knows me.

My last tactic is to organize a petition for ViacomCBS Trek department.

I'm sure we'd all like to see that petition. :hi5:

I’ve stopped kidding myself and stopped pretending that there might be a new line of TOS figures of any collector quality in the future. There is little new interest from new fans. Simultaneously, the licensors and licensees have increasingly milked all the TOS interest they can from a diminishing fan base as those “original” Trekkies age and begin to realize they can’t take expensive action figures with them.

Trust in Nanjin! He?s never disappointed! :rock
FYI, I am fighting for 1/6 in many fronts.

I am dead serious about starting a petition.... i am also seriously seeing this as something for us Trek friends, not just a personal venture.

All I need is the license then I can implement the plan that I have for many years.

I attack this plan of mine constantly, trying to prove to myself that I am wrong and my plan will fail.

As of today, there are nothing there that have greater than 50% failing possibilities.

Hossein Diba's Picard sculpt for Darkside Collectibles 1/3 statue. Shame QmX didn't hire this guy back then. The quest for a great 1/6 Picard will never end. Great figures with sculpts like this can be done. Companies just need to pick the right person to do it. Nanjin did everything right uniform wise, but that first headsculpt could have been amazing.
View attachment 481755
View attachment 481756
Hate to insult the sculptor but I see more Patrick Stewart in the QMX sculpt in hand...I only see James Carville when I look at this one...

Hate to insult the sculptor but I see more Patrick Stewart in the QMX sculpt in hand...I only see James Carville when I look at this one...
You should see my old Picard and the new FC Picard [emoji7]

I am dead serious about starting a petition.... i am also seriously seeing this as something for us Trek friends, not just a personal venture.

All I need is the license then I can implement the plan that I have for many years.

I attack this plan of mine constantly, trying to prove to myself that I am wrong and my plan will fail.

As of today, there are nothing there that have greater than 50% failing possibilities.

You can count me in to sign your petition. I am sure many others in this thread would sign as well :rock.

Well, you've got a our support! :hi5:

I strongly believe only I can do this, because the entire operation model is basing on one statement ?Produce 1/6 Trek Figures?, not make huge money, make names, or be an 1/6 name brand, etc.

Everything else like making money, making name (like what I did in the last 4 years for THAT company), become tools to achieve the Prime Objective of the business model:

Produce 1/6 Star Trek Figures

Only I, in Sector One has this attitude, the knowledge, the connections, talents network, finacial support, all at once, and therefore do not need to rely on ANYONE except ViacomCBS of course.

Anyone has any other objectives will eventually forgo Trek as evident in Trekverse. Any logical businessman will make the same decision.

Back