QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine Sunday night from QMX and it's arriving today ($199.99 w/free shipping). Talk about a fast turnaround! Damn, if only SS came remotely close to that, it'd be so awesome.

So just of curiosity, why did you order yours from BigBadToyStore; where you had to pay more and have to wait so much longer to get it?

I planned to add him to my Pile of Loot, which had four other figures in it and had to ship by October 19th. I paid $199.99 (no PO deposit and no tax) and $4 to ship my POL. So it was like free shipping anyway. Got my tracking number this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I planned to add him to my Pile of Loot, which had four other figures in it and had to ship by October 19th. I paid $199.99 (no PO deposit and no tax) and $4 to ship my POL. So it was like free shipping anyway. Got my tracking number this morning!
Ohh ok, makes sense. Well I just gotta tell ya, I ordered this guy late in the game cause I hadn't planned on getting it, but man was I glad I did! Got to inspect it yesterday, and it's a beautiful thing. Everything is top notch quality/QC; better that Hot Toys for sure. The book style box and the way it's packaged is awesome.

It definitely is a good figure, and I'm tempted. I like the film too. I'm a sucker for black-suited characters, I'll see if I implode. Also, this looks like the closest thing to a 1/6 Zorro figure.

Missed the delivery for yesterday which really sucks because yesterday would have been perfect since The Princess Bride was released in theaters Oct 9th 1987!! Missed it by one day!!

Anyways here is my Westley! Definitely a AAA release from QMX! They are on my radar now. Great work! IMG_20181010_141101_561.jpegIMG_20181010_141127_269.jpegIMG_20181010_141610_848.jpegIMG_20181010_141738_717.jpeg20181010_135128.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have you seen the enterbay Mask of Zorro figure? Looks incredible, can’t wait for that one!

Whoops, correct you are. :duff

Woah thanks! I did not know about this! THIS is one of of my most wanted figures ever. It's now on my radar. Seems to be a long while before release, though.

Missed the delivery for yesterday which really sucks because yesterday would have been perfect since The Princess Bride was released in theaters Oct 9th 1987!! Missed it by one day!!

Anyways here is my Westley! Definitely a AAA release from QMX! They are on my radar now. Great work!

snip

That's awesome, if he came with that base it might sway me. Great work on that.

Anyways here is my Westley! Definitely a AAA release from QMX! They are on my radar now. Great work! View attachment 429631View attachment 429632View attachment 429633View attachment 429634View attachment 429635

Love that pose and the base is awesome!

I cannot express how happy I am with this figure. So much care went into producing it. Even the box has been meticulously designed. You can tell QMX has a genuine love for this license. I was surprised to find a backdrop in the package too. If you’re on the fence with this figure, buy it. You will not regret it. The tailoring is top-notch and the paint on the head sculpts are excellent!
8b342b2a5744e704f1b4a59ea9d4a852.jpg
7c42976cdbd07a62871f27c7ccdf5230.jpg
ea1f2770afe67f65bb4dfd1ddfaf4fa8.jpg
209d8f4f0564e2a5f7d17322502ebf17.jpg
04551a91a76742fd215c6e9802c5c237.jpg
e2ac736e04b032f57bcd59d9ebc0ef0c.jpg
b9936c73879e300e77af846e1eb11228.jpg
b56875692ed04815bce7be18a0ec9018.jpg

How does the unmasked head look in person? It almost comes across slightly cartoonish from the pics, but not sure if that's an in-hand vs photo issue.

How does the unmasked head look in person? It almost comes across slightly cartoonish from the pics, but not sure if that's an in-hand vs photo issue.

It doesn’t photograph well. I think it looks great in hand, yet as soon as I held my phone up to take a photo, it was transformed into a cartoon... I’m not quite sure why that is. Could be his flesh tone and hair color. The head is excellently sculpted, as if a custom artist like Jnix made it (I own 4 different Jnix sculpts). The hair, however, is sculpted a little cartoonish. In person, his lips aren’t as starkly pink and there’s a slight five o clock shadow. His eyes look great, like Hot Toys. His hair has that golden sheen like many recent Hot Toys releases (like Anakin for example).

It doesn’t photograph well. I think it looks great in hand, yet as soon as I held my phone up to take a photo, it was transformed into a cartoon... I’m not quite sure why that is. Could be his flesh tone and hair color. The head is excellently sculpted, as if a custom artist like Jnix made it (I own 4 different Jnix sculpts). The hair, however, is sculpted a little cartoonish. In person, his lips aren’t as starkly pink and there’s a slight five o clock shadow. His eyes look great, like Hot Toys. His hair has that golden sheen like many recent Hot Toys releases (like Anakin for example).

Thanks! I will pick this guy up sometime, he looks great.

Wow, not only is the figure awesome, but that box is beautiful. I normally don't display boxes because of space, but that one is perfect for a backdrop display.

Back