QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6105B4C5-3F1C-4B0A-9B7C-23A08AAA63A9.jpg

6058A850-9583-4CBF-B05D-837F58F6B2EC.jpg

How long does it typically take Sideshow to process an exchange? They received my Picard back on the 17th and I got an email the same day saying to all three to five business days but haven’t heard anything yet. I emailed them this morning for an update but just wondering what’s taking so long.

Finally got my replacement. Really happy with this figure but I’m not having good luck with it. I broke the damn wrist peg when trying to swap the right hand. Luckily I have more than enough spares (I guess QMX couldn’t be bothered to include a spare set) but of course the end broke off in the hand. I tried everything to get it out but no luck. Wound up just super gluing the hand to the broken peg.

I tried various methods to get it out but can’t get it. Used hot water to try and soften and a little tweezers and a couple other tiny tools. It broke off flush so there’s nothing to grab on to is the problem. I might try and see if Sideshow will send a replacement hand.

You should be able to drill it out. Drill a small hole into the broken pin, then insert a small self tapping screw into it. Use that to pull it out (heat the hand before pulling) or just drill the remains of the pin until you can pick out the remains with a scalpel. I've done it several times this way.

I think I’ve managed to chip off like half of it but the remaining part in there seems really stuck.

I emailed Sideshow about a replacement but might still try working with it. It seems to be the hand for holding the tricorder which I probably won’t have him holding often anyways (maybe in the holster if anything) but still I’d like to have it if I want to use that option.

Is QMX replacing heads on this (in particular, if it is not bought directly from QMX? Or is more of a "Buy it an hope for the best" situation?

Is QMX replacing heads on this (in particular, if it is not bought directly from QMX? Or is more of a "Buy it an hope for the best" situation?

Yesterday, a few months after asking about replacing heads my supplier (Popcultcha) got back to me saying QMX did not reply to their requests, and that I should try directly contacting QMX ... I'd also like to know if anyone has had any luck buying from elsewhere and contacting QMX directly, because I am about to go through that rigmarole, and is it even worth it ...

Yesterday, a few months after asking about replacing heads my supplier (Popcultcha) got back to me saying QMX did not reply to their requests, and that I should try directly contacting QMX ... I'd also like to know if anyone has had any luck buying from elsewhere and contacting QMX directly, because I am about to go through that rigmarole, and is it even worth it ...

I got a Spock with serious paint issues (one eye is gloss, one eye is not, and patches of black on the hair), bought it brand new sealed in brown mailer at a convention, so I have no where to return it. I contacted QMX for a replacement head, and they come back telling me since I did not buy directly from them, they will not replace it. I replied to them explaining I have no way to contact the seller, since I did not ask if he has a store or what not, and they are the maker of the figure so shouldn't they be the one responsible to the in the end anyway? They then come back telling me "Sorry, but we are all out so we cannot replace you." That means, even if I had contacted the seller, it is no use either way? Why don't they just tell me right away that no replacement is available (which I still would not believe that there is no spare head at all for any QC screw ups) but instead want me to go through the retailer. I swear never to buy any of their products ever again.

I emailed QMX and asked about the possibility of replacement Picard heads if bought from a local supplier. QMX got back extremely quickly and were very polite. I suppose it's probably a form letter at this point, but still. They said they are still working out how to deal with the Picard issue. That sounds fair. I have heard some accounts of the plastic absorbing the stains over time? If the problem eventually solves itself they wouldn't want to send out a thousand replacement heads. And also if the new heads just get stained in exactly the same way, they also wouldn't want to send out heads ... At this point I mainly wanted to know what the potential solutions were and it sounds as if they are still weighing those up themselves.

Please, staining issue, don't be delaying Riker ... don't be delaying Riker! I love these figures, and I'll buy anything they want to put out from TOS or TNG. And by that I mean the TV series. I'm of the opinion that none of the Star Trek movies are that great, and so any movie figs would be a case-by-case decision. I'm highly likely to get anything from DS9. Other series ... case-by-case. I can't see myself starting a Voyager collection. I might buy a Neelix for someone as a joke.

I just got Picard for my birthday. He is a great figure. I do have some light staining around the bottom of the neck but if you pull the collar up higher on the neck like it is supposed to be then you don't see it.

Back