QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about these reasonings.

Captain Picard was onboard of Enterprise D for 8 years (the TV show's air time was 7). It is "illogical" to assume Captain Picard never gained or lost weight or use Botox for wrinkles (don't think they use Botox in 24th century). On the other hand, we can logically assume Captain Picard spent time during his personal shore leaves consuming 20th century food and engaged with 20th century leisure activities somewhere on the 20th century earth. Therefore, please do not assume he had an ever lasting one and only one look throughout these time frame. I checked my own personal photo album, I changed a lot during the last 7 years. As a man approaches 50 years old, every year he will look different.

Also, there were specific amendments requests from Capt Picard himself which I think was not correct in my opinion. But do take note that according to the findings from my survey at LV ST Con that EVERYONE has their own image of Captain Kirk in their mind. He had weight change almost every 2 episodes during season 2. FYI, this was the reason why there was a wrap around green leisure captain jersey. Therefore, it is logical to assume some will say Picard likeness is spot on while other might say it is not.

In conclusion, developing movies characters, we can have very good judgement with the likeness because the specific actor or actress only spent a few months in that specific look. On the other hand, TV characters will have difficulties to satisfy EVERYONE's judgements on a specific character's likeness because the change of physical form will surely happen through out the series (years but not months).

Side trek to TOS. Most collectors from the 1/6 world said the TOS blue was perfect, but close to most if not ALL die hard Trek fans said the blue was my greatest mistake. Btw, I just did a count. I had 486 emails complained I gave these die hard Trek fans false hope of Set Accurate museum grade TOS uniforms. Well, the good part is, I have both versions. Screen Accurate blue will be displayed in my display case and i use the Set Accurate blue (left over prototypes) for photo shoots because I enjoy the color change phenomenon under different lighting conditions.

来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

I trust you 100%. Anyone following your Facebook can tell you are one of the biggest Trek fans out there, you want this line to succeed, and do justice to this series you love. Of course there are going to be people that pick apart and be negative over what they few are faults, just know there are fans like me who while we don't post or say to much, love and appreciate the work you are doing.

I've said it before, I was done with 1/6th figures, I moved on to 1/4 statues, and was never going to buy another 1/6th figure again. I saw these Trek figures, they reignited that fandom in me, and now I'm going to get everyone that QmX puts out.

I had 486 emails complained I gave these die hard Trek fans false hope of Set Accurate museum grade TOS uniforms.

That's absurd on their part. If they want a "museum grade" prop replica, they should buy an actual prop replica like Anovos.

There are already multiple concession to size, most obviously the rank braid and Starfleet logo, and they want some allegedly pro-accurate that doesn't look even remotely like the paler screen blue.

A figure is an impressionistic capturing of Jean-Lic Picard, not Patrick Stewart in wardrobe. I think your likeness is OK, but he does seem too gaunt or something.

I trust you 100%. Anyone following your Facebook can tell you are one of the biggest Trek fans out there, you want this line to succeed, and do justice to this series you love. Of course there are going to be people that pick apart and be negative over what they few are faults, just know there are fans like me who while we don't post or say to much, love and appreciate the work you are doing.

I've said it before, I was done with 1/6th figures, I moved on to 1/4 statues, and was never going to buy another 1/6th figure again. I saw these Trek figures, they reignited that fandom in me, and now I'm going to get everyone that QmX puts out.

Actually, whether these Trek lines will success or not is in the hands of QMx and the Collectors. I can only do what I can on my end... Just want to make good figures. I joined QMx just because of one objective, be the 2nd largest producer in the World, and of course, if we can have all the Trek uniforms in 1/6 scale will be really great!

I want a Trek characters and uniforms 1/6 scale museum in my home :)

BTW, everyone can express their opinions. Is good to know how people think of the figures.

That's absurd on their part. If they want a "museum grade" prop replica, they should buy an actual prop replica like Anovos.

There are already multiple concession to size, most obviously the rank braid and Starfleet logo, and they want some allegedly pro-accurate that doesn't look even remotely like the paler screen blue.

A figure is an impressionistic capturing of Jean-Lic Picard, not Patrick Stewart in wardrobe. I think your likeness is OK, but he does seem too gaunt or something.

Their expressions of dislike are no different than yours. I can't say your opinion is the final correct answer, and likewise, I can't say their opinions are correct. Do note that some fan complained about the TOS Blue needs to be screen accurate, then why can't these 400+ trek fans complain about their concern? They also want what they like. Everyone is entitle to their own opinions. Like I always say, this hobby is very Subjective.

Most people are self centered, and believe everyone should be believing in what they believe; otherwise, they are wrong or "fake" opinions (don't quote me if you think of something otherwise, I am joking).

Also, I have a strong believe majority of the buyers of Trek figures are not 1/6 collectors, but purely Trek fans.

While I complained about the science blue originally I now wonder if the change to a much lighter blue was a mistake. Seeing the color changing properties of Kirks shirt has had me wondering since. I wish I could have seen Spocks original shirt in person just to compare. I probably would have been proven wrong about the colors and picked the original instead.

We'll just have to trust you concerning Picard. :wink1:

In my "Personal" opinion, most people will end up liking the Set accurate blue after you look at it for awhile. For a long time, I disliked the Anovos Premier line Science Blue. But after looking at it for about a week, I changed my mind. As you know, the Avocado changes color throughout the day. Same thing applies to the Science Blue but not as drastic as the Avocado, they do change.

Don't worry Nanjin, most of us have complete trust in you and your dedicated work! I'm sure this will be a winner and all the others too!

I do care about the opinions on the likeness. But I really can't say anything about the so call "correct" or "desire" uniform colors. I read enough of this arguments. I knew this argument will surface again in 1/6 scale. It is good! that means I am duplicating what's going on in 1/1 trek to 1/6 trek.

Anyhow, I am happy that I have Both ;-) and I do like both. Best of Both Worlds

How about these reasonings.
Also, there were specific amendments requests from Capt Picard himself which I think was not correct in my opinion.
来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

I think that right there is an important part a lot of people aren't paying enough attention to. Patric Stewart himself requested a change to the head sculpt. I know it's incredibly rare when this sort of info is made known to the public because of contract clauses and the like but it does happen from time to time and it's more than likely the main reason a likeness isn't perfectly accurate.
The best known time this happened was with Sideshow on their Buffy The Vampire Slayer line when Sarah Michelle Gellar herself requested Sideshow change her headsculpt on a prototype figure because she thought it didn't look like her THAT WAS BASED 100% ON A DIGITAL SCAN OF HER ACTUAL HEAD!
It sucks but isn't unheard of when the vanity of an actor gets in the way of a product's likeness.

I still feel it looks really good from what I've seen so far, I'll likely buy it when it's available. Maybe QMX will have another chance at getting a perfect likeness everyone is on board with on a variant costume with a new expression sometime in the future?

Wait, what?

I'm pretty sure that 16k's post is the complete opposite of ridiculous or over-reacting or over-investment or "emotional."

We must definitely be living in an alternative-facts kind of world...

Unless of course you meant to reply to your own previous post.

youve seemed to be living in an alternate world from the rest of us for quite some time, so im not surprised youre confused yet again. lmao

I miss Star Trek next Gen we use to watch the show so much we knew which Ep. to mock within seconds of the show.:lol

Loved lol at this ep. Darmok

Last edited:
Nothing is perfect. Nothing

The last McCoy was a big big step back in QMX and nanjins part. Or I guess really whoever sculpted it. It's dated, lacking detail and refinement and overall a lower grade than Kirk or Spock. And my god was the body a terrible choice for him, instead of bickering over blues how can no one point out that "bones" looks like a beafcake.

Somehow I love the damn thing. I don't know why, I think it's because it is a solid effort and it captures his spirit perfectly (once the mandatory body switch is done)

And I may forgive because I know najin was pretty much a god damn one man crusade. I'm a trek fan and it makes me angry to see the lack of love. And QMX are heros in my book taking a calculated mass produced risk with this.

Much respect.

All that and I love the Picard sculpt. Looking forward to getting that sculpt both from QMX and figure masters for my prof x.

I've been waiting years for this damn sculpt!

Nothing is perfect. Nothing

The last McCoy was a big big step back in QMX and nanjins part. Or I guess really whoever sculpted it. It's dated, lacking detail and refinement and overall a lower grade than Kirk or Spock. And my god was the body a terrible choice for him, instead of bickering over blues how can no one point out that "bones" looks like a beafcake.

Somehow I love the damn thing. I don't know why, I think it's because it is a solid effort and it captures his spirit perfectly (once the mandatory body switch is done)

And I may forgive because I know najin was pretty much a god damn one man crusade. I'm a trek fan and it makes me angry to see the lack of love. And QMX are heros in my book taking a calculated mass produced risk with this.

Much respect.

All that and I love the Picard sculpt. Looking forward to getting that sculpt both from QMX and figure masters for my prof x.

I've been waiting years for this damn sculpt!

i respect everything you said, i just wish i could agree on the sculpts. Ive looked at all the pictures i could find on the qmx and the figuremasters, I think the likeness on both of those is quite off. I hope im wrong when they finally come out (whenever thats going to be,) I'll be getting both regardless.

i respect everything you said, i just wish i could agree on the sculpts. Ive looked at all the pictures i could find on the qmx and the figuremasters, I think the likeness on both of those is quite off. I hope im wrong when they finally come out (whenever thats going to be,) I'll be getting both regardless.

That's the problem. You are looking at pics. Many of people who have it and have reviewed it say the likeness is great or even spot on. Me I love the whole series so far and look forward to everything they put out.

Back