QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a Google image search for "Picard" and count how many examples with different tonal and hue variation you see in his uniform due to lighting and broadcast quality. Now think that only a few photos under a couple of lighting scenarios have been shown of the figure...

Do a Google image search for "Picard" and count how many examples with different tonal and hue variation you see in his uniform due to lighting and broadcast quality. Now think that only a few photos under a couple of lighting scenarios have been shown of the figure...

19xnby.jpg

I know there are a lot of collector's waiting for Next Gen. figures, and I hope you all get what you want. For me, being a child of the 60's and early 70's TOS is what I am after. Whether it is the TV show or the Movies. After I have the magnificent 7, then maybe I will think about branching out into other era's.

I would rather them make every single main character from every trek show era, then have them make figures from those jj abrams abominations he calls star trek movies. But they gotta do what sells.

picard.jpg

Did this in paint in a few minutes, id say the sculpt from the pics we've gotten so far, is more of a miss than a hit. Still want it though :/

View attachment 331663

Did this in paint in a few minutes, id say the sculpt from the pics we've gotten so far, is more of a miss than a hit. Still want it though :/

Look, I don't think it is perfect, but your picture don't really say anything. It's a complete different angle. Obviously, a head looks different if it's looking up or down. Let's wait for the full reveal, and M Crawford's review. His pictures made me reconsider my opinion completely for Bones, so I expect the same here.

Crawford's reviews are big for this line. I care what he says about these and his reviews are one of the reasons i took the plunge on this line. If its not screen accurately Red...i can live with it. I love my Spock, im confident ill love Kirk in couple of days and i expect to love this. This is still the best trek line we have seen in this scale by folks who obviously care. Im all for supporting it and im happy that qmx and 3zero havent gone ape**** with their prices yet. Star ace has and yet their lines arent quite great enough yet to do so.

Yep, the on going "what color is it really?" debate. Personally, I like the darker red, seems more Captain-like, but I can live as long as they nail the head sculpt.

Oh, and thanks for the comments!

Look, I don't think it is perfect, but your picture don't really say anything. It's a complete different angle. Obviously, a head looks different if it's looking up or down. Let's wait for the full reveal, and M Crawford's review. His pictures made me reconsider my opinion completely for Bones, so I expect the same here.

I think youre being a little ridiculous, its not so far off that you cant make a general assessment about it that the likeness isnt amazing. You seem like youre too emotionally invested in this line to have an objective opinion about it. Believe me, I dont want this to be bad, but im not going to lie to myself and assume that when the final product releases its going to spot on. Like I said earlier, im buying it either way, I would just rather them take their time and make sure the sculpt is great before releasing it.

id say the sculpt from the pics we've gotten so far, is more of a miss than a hit./

Let's wait for the full reveal,

I think youre being a little ridiculous,

Wait, what?

I'm pretty sure that 16k's post is the complete opposite of ridiculous or over-reacting or over-investment or "emotional."

We must definitely be living in an alternative-facts kind of world...

Unless of course you meant to reply to your own previous post.

I think youre being a little ridiculous, its not so far off that you cant make a general assessment about it that the likeness isnt amazing. You seem like youre too emotionally invested in this line to have an objective opinion about it. Believe me, I dont want this to be bad, but im not going to lie to myself and assume that when the final product releases its going to spot on. Like I said earlier, im buying it either way, I would just rather them take their time and make sure the sculpt is great before releasing it.

Never said it was spot on! I always thought he looked a little too buff for Picard, but from what I've seen so far, it's a solid sculpt, no better nor worse than the average HT release...

How about these reasonings.

Captain Picard was onboard of Enterprise D for 8 years (the TV show's air time was 7). It is "illogical" to assume Captain Picard never gained or lost weight or use Botox for wrinkles (don't think they use Botox in 24th century). On the other hand, we can logically assume Captain Picard spent time during his personal shore leaves consuming 20th century food and engaged with 20th century leisure activities somewhere on the 20th century earth. Therefore, please do not assume he had an ever lasting one and only one look throughout these time frame. I checked my own personal photo album, I changed a lot during the last 7 years. As a man approaches 50 years old, every year he will look different.

Also, there were specific amendments requests from Capt Picard himself which I think was not correct in my opinion. But do take note that according to the findings from my survey at LV ST Con that EVERYONE has their own image of Captain Kirk in their mind. He had weight change almost every 2 episodes during season 2. FYI, this was the reason why there was a wrap around green leisure captain jersey. Therefore, it is logical to assume some will say Picard likeness is spot on while other might say it is not.

In conclusion, developing movies characters, we can have very good judgement with the likeness because the specific actor or actress only spent a few months in that specific look. On the other hand, TV characters will have difficulties to satisfy EVERYONE's judgements on a specific character's likeness because the change of physical form will surely happen through out the series (years but not months).

Side trek to TOS. Most collectors from the 1/6 world said the TOS blue was perfect, but close to most if not ALL die hard Trek fans said the blue was my greatest mistake. Btw, I just did a count. I had 486 emails complained I gave these die hard Trek fans false hope of Set Accurate museum grade TOS uniforms. Well, the good part is, I have both versions. Screen Accurate blue will be displayed in my display case and i use the Set Accurate blue (left over prototypes) for photo shoots because I enjoy the color change phenomenon under different lighting conditions.

来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

Last edited:
How about these reasonings. Side trek to TOS. Most collectors from the 1/6 world said the TOS blue was perfect, but close to most if not ALL die hard Trek fans said the blue was my greatest mistake. Btw, I just did a count. I had 486 emails complained I gave these die hard Trek fans false hope of Set Accurate museum grade TOS uniforms. Well, the good part is, I have both versions. Screen Accurate blue will be displayed in my display case and i use the Set Accurate blue (left over prototypes) for photo shoots because I enjoy the color change phenomenon under different lighting conditions.

来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

While I complained about the science blue originally I now wonder if the change to a much lighter blue was a mistake. Seeing the color changing properties of Kirks shirt has had me wondering since. I wish I could have seen Spocks original shirt in person just to compare. I probably would have been proven wrong about the colors and picked the original instead.

We'll just have to trust you concerning Picard. :wink1:

I'm not keen on the likeness' shown so far either. I think it/they capture the spirit of Picard, but are quite a way off.

This forum and thread are supposed to be for friendly discussion, not arguments, calling people out or talking down to them because you don't agree with their opinion.

Another thread I'm unsubscribing from. There won't be any left soon :lol

Back