QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen the feet of the TNG figures in any shots. Will they have the same type of material for boots that the TOS figures have?

Sorry, didn't mean to start a whole thing the other day. Its just in my nature to be overly critical. The truth is I really do think this is a great looking figure and despite a few nitpicks I may have I can't wait to get my hands on Picard (and eventually Data).

bump. I recently got the first 4 season of next generation on bluray. Due to all the fun I'm having binging it, I'm bumping this thread as I think Picard is next. I've wanted the Kirk and Spock figures but it seems they're finally starting to dry up in places and I won't be back to normal monetarily till March. Might be too late to get them. I may want to start with QMX's Picard and just do Next Generation(since it got me into trek in the first place). Any new info on the figure? I saw those protos of Data and Worf. Looks like they'll complete the Original crew, how likely is it we get the crew of Next Gen? I knew Data and Worf would probably get made but I really want Troi, Laforge, Riker, and Dr. Crusher as well. Hell, I'd take Troi in 3 different outfits lol.

bump. I recently got the first 4 season of next generation on bluray. Due to all the fun I'm having binging it, I'm bumping this thread as I think Picard is next. I've wanted the Kirk and Spock figures but it seems they're finally starting to dry up in places and I won't be back to normal monetarily till March. Might be too late to get them. I may want to start with QMX's Picard and just do Next Generation(since it got me into trek in the first place). Any new info on the figure? I saw those protos of Data and Worf. Looks like they'll complete the Original crew, how likely is it we get the crew of Next Gen? I knew Data and Worf would probably get made but I really want Troi, Laforge, Riker, and Dr. Crusher as well. Hell, I'd take Troi in 3 different outfits lol.
Are you in a position where you could PayPal credit them, so you don't miss them, and pay them off once you're stable? You have six months to do so with it and have no fees. Just a thought, as long as you remain responsible with it and clear it asap.

Are you in a position where you could PayPal credit them, so you don't miss them, and pay them off once you're stable? You have six months to do so with it and have no fees. Just a thought, as long as you remain responsible with it and clear it asap.

Question, what places can you use Paypal credit for? And how does it work exactly? I just applied for it and was approved for a pretty large sum(way bigger than I expected) and I'd like to maybe just a buy an item or two and not go crazy but I don't know how it works. Does it work at Amazon and on sideshow collectibles? Those are the main places I want to use it. Does it work for international places? I'm in America but I know Popcultcha has good stuff for example.

Question, what places can you use Paypal credit for? And how does it work exactly? I just applied for it and was approved for a pretty large sum(way bigger than I expected) and I'd like to maybe just a buy an item or two and not go crazy but I don't know how it works. Does it work at Amazon and on sideshow collectibles? Those are the main places I want to use it.
Great! Amazon, no, but Sideshow, yes. However they charge you in full for the item when you use it. So you get your item immediately, and have the six months to pay it off.

Largely mast places that accept PayPal will allow you to use PPC because it's effectively a digital credit card. You pick it from your available payment methods when you go through PP. I would advise you to set it as your primary/default payment method in every place in PP settings, just to make sure you don't miss using it on accident. Otherwise, purchases exceeding $100 are eligible for the 6 month no interest plan. It'll accrue it under your "promotional purchases", but it's nulled if payed off in time.

This pic is probably in other threads by now but I thought that I would post it in here:

A new pic of Picard from NYTF 2017. The head sculpt, uniform and the body they are using all look spot on to me.

Picard1.jpg

A couple more pics here: https://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-qmx-figures-replicas-display-242285

There's something slightly off about the likeness I can't quite pinpoint, but it still captures the character well enough and will be a definite buy for me when the time comes.

There's something slightly off about the likeness I can't quite pinpoint, but it still captures the character well enough and will be a definite buy for me when the time comes.

Exactly how I feel. Slightly a bland sculpt, but not too far off. Will know better when they release official pictures.

ETA April 2017? Really!?

Exactly how I feel. Slightly a bland sculpt, but not too far off. Will know better when they release official pictures.

ETA April 2017? Really!?

Yep, the expression is a bit bland... but that's not too uncommon for 1/6 figures; they try to find a middle ground sculpt that works with a lot of poses.

Pretty sure the sculpt was originally created for a First Contact or Nemesis Picard, given that Nanjin's original pics had him in the movie uniform. Which would explain why he looks slightly too old there for the TNG years.

And speaking of which, here's hoping that movie uniform he made still gets some use on a future Sisko figure... ;)

Same.

Even though I'm not quite blown away, if they get Worf and Data right as well (the Data pics have me undecided, and last time we saw Worf he still needed a bit of work), then they'll be hard for me to resist. We'll see.

It's the nose. They can never seem to get his nose right. Whats more troublesome is the Data. He nearly looks like Brent Spiners stand in.

Toy-Fair-2017-QMX-004.jpg

Picard looks very good. Definite purchase.

I hope QMX has a Locutus of Borg planned as well. I would like to finally retire my simple 15+ year old custom figure...

Locutus 1.jpg

Locutus 2.jpg

Locutus 3.jpg

It started out as the old Playmates 12" figure. The sculpt is actually pretty good. The body is definitely awful but at the time, it was all that was available.

Back