Putting together the Hot Toys Predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
One word...UGH!

Well, I just got done putting together the Celtic Predator and what a pain in the butt. At first I thought it was going to be a breeze because everyone said the hardest part was the body mesh, but I had that done on in about 5 min and thought that part was rather easy.

The second hardest part for me that putting all the body armor on and trying to be careful not to break anything and many of the pieces seem to want to pop off after putting them on....especially the belt that goes around the waist.

Getting the head on was by far the hardest part IMO. It kept wanting to fall right off and I had to apply a lot of pressure to get it on and felt like I was going to break part of the body.

Now that it's togather I LOVE it. It's awesome to look at. I am NOT looking forward to putting Scar and Chopper together, but can't wait to see all 3 of them staning together. I will post a pic later as I am at work and don't have my camera with me.

Actually, here is a crappy camera phone pic of him. Better pics later.

Last edited:
Just make sure that you put the shoulder canon on last. On my Scar it broke of in a way that I had to super-glue it back. :banghead And I have to agree that the armour caused me the most headaches. But it was all well worth it!

Can't wait for the rest of the group! :woo

Turgon said:
Just make sure that you put the shoulder canon on last. On my Scar it broke of in a way that I had to super-glue it back. :banghead And I have to agree that the armour caused me the most headaches. But it was all well worth it!

Can't wait for the rest of the group! :woo

Thanks for the advice! The cannon was just about the last thing I put on Celtic. The springs that attach the the mask didn't seem to want to saty well either. May have to glue those later.

I have a Celtic coming!
With the Head, can you use a blow dryer to soften it up?
What other pieces were whard to assemble?

Cheers!

Bob

Sideshow Bob said:
I have a Celtic coming!

Cheers!

Bob

Not sure about the blow dryer trick as I put him together at work ( working hard today ).

The body armor was the biggest blower in terms of "hard to put together" because some of the plastic tabs don't want to hold while your trying to put other pieces on.

It's just really a matter of BE CAREFUL and take your time. If you get frustrated walk away instead of trying to JAM the head on or any other parts. Take your time with it. It's just very tedious IMO and uf you push too hard trying to insert any of the platic pegs you could break it.

Sideshow Bob said:
I have a Celtic coming!

Cheers!

Bob

Blowdryer is exactly what I used to put Scar together and the head just slipped right on. Definitely heat up the head first and then quickly pop it on while it warm.

Wor-Gar said:
Blowdryer is exactly what I used to put Scar together and the head just slipped right on. Definitely heat up the head first and then quickly pop it on while it warm.

I will do that for sure when my Scar shows up and for Chopper too.

The armor was a pain, I found that taking one half of the chest armor off (the left side) and the back center section of the belt off helped in assembly. You then just slide the belts up the legs and arms, and snap the pieces back together. But that doesn't compare to assembling the pain in the ass Colonial Marine figures. :google

KitFisto said:
Thanks for the advice! The cannon was just about the last thing I put on Celtic. The springs that attach the the mask didn't seem to want to saty well either. May have to glue those later.

The springs were tricky for mine. I pulled one out a quarter of an inch from the plug and stretched the hell out of that quarter of an inch. Apparently, only remove them by pulling firmly on the plugs. I tried switching the plug to the rear to hide the stretched out bit but its plug only fits snugly in the front position. I'd suggest trying all the connectors in all the holes before giving up. And then I'd try a non-glue solution like poster putty or something. Sometimes the wires get in the way so I just remove them.

Other than that, I found putting mine together rather easy and fun. But that was coming off of putting together the AvP Snap-Kits. IMHO it's the steep learning curve that everyone's reacting to.

screamingmetal said:
But that doesn't compare to assembling the pain in the ass Colonial Marine figures. :google

What's bad about building them?!?! I just pre-ordered Hudson, and I've never put anything like this together. What should I be dreading???

Sith Lord 0498 said:
What's bad about building them?!?! I just pre-ordered Hudson, and I've never put anything like this together. What should I be dreading???
The main problem is getting the upper torso assembled.
I did a quick search and here's a couple of threads that go into more detail about problems and solutions:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10025&highlight=aliens

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10329&highlight=aliens

Wor-Gar said:

I wish I would had thought about that when I put my Scar togther. Definietly a pain in the butt, but so worth it when its done. These figures are truly amazing!

Well,

Last night I found out what people meant with the mesh being the hardest part. With Scar it was damn hard getting the body mesh on. It seemed like it was smaller than the mesh that came with Celtic and it was a PITA to get on him, especially getting it up over the shoulders and attaching in the back.

The body armor, just like on Celtic, was not "easy" but since I had done Celtic I had the exp and that was not as much of a pain this time around.

I also used the hair dryer trick to put the head on and THAT made putting the head on a piece of cake so thanks for that tip!

ANyway, Scar and Celtic stand together now and I will try to post some pics of them tonight. I am really happy that I broke down and bought these guys after putting it off for so long. They really are cool pieces!

Bring on Chopper!

King Darkness said:
I wish I would had thought about that when I put my Scar togther. Definietly a pain in the butt, but so worth it when its done. These figures are truly amazing!
Just got the Celtic yesterday and I agree, these are amazing figures. Lucky for me, I bought it already assembled for the most part. Those springs, however were a pain.

Back