• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Putting offers instead of prices?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nava509

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is it ok for people to put best offer for something instead of putting a price? and if so why is that allowed?

because this section of the forum board has basically become a breeding pit for scalpers and clowns and what better way for these people to try to be dishonest by making up imaginary offers to increase the prices or test the waters to mislead people into thinking they are actually selling.

because this section of the forum board has basically become a breeding pit for scalpers and clowns and what better way for these people to try to be dishonest by making up imaginary offers to increase the prices or test the waters to mislead people into thinking they are actually selling.

Like when I inquired about a dx11 that was listed as best offer and was told there was an offer of $375. There were several listed, at the time under $325.

Anyways. I don't think there is anything WRONG with it but I have learned my lesson, finally. After inquiring about items listed this way, I quickly realized that eBay would save me money lol.

yeah there is nothing wrong with it but i have found that it has made this section of the board more conducive and attractive to eBay style scalpers and just makes this site in general more trashy.

Its a twist on "hate the game not the player", but asking for offers would work fine if the players weren't trying to be crooked. Between this practice and posters asking Ebay prices and wanting "gift" payments, its making perusing the boards quite quick cause I am learning sellers to just skip. :lol

I think there should be an emoticon thats holding a sign that says, "take your **** to Ebay!" for us to use on some of the sellers around here.

Like when I inquired about a dx11 that was listed as best offer and was told there was an offer of $375. There were several listed, at the time under $325.

Anyways. I don't think there is anything WRONG with it but I have learned my lesson, finally. After inquiring about items listed this way, I quickly realized that eBay would save me money lol.

Exactly what I was talking about in my post, perfect example. :clap

If you don't like it then stay away from that particular thread . It's as simple as that

Last edited:
I really dislike the make me and offer bull S***! Its just annoying. And can be used to take advantage of the buyer. Its really just disrespectful when the seller is not honest in this process! This is supposed to be a community of friends not to scalp each other!

To fix this issue i say we all just compromise little bit and implement a system something like this for example

Make the rule u have to have a starting price and the offer have to be public! Or some variation. Dont really even need a starting price i guess. This way we can establish actual market value's for the highest end of the custom world at the same time!

Sounds like there are a bunch of cheapskates bitter about items they can't afford. Great thread.

lol what kind of dumb comment is this? talk about making assumptions. did you not read the examples given in this thread and decide to just post anything? you sound like a child going to the "you are poor" route.

this isn't about high prices. like most of us said, it is better to post a price even if it is ridiculously high instead of wasting buyers' time with phantom offers. this kind of practice has been prevalent on this forum now.

and if you do want to argue about prices, go take a look at a lot of the sale threads. the prices are higher than what retailers are asking for and ebay prices even when the figure is in stock. that has nothing to do with us not being able to afford the prices. it has to do with this forum becoming a joke.

You can often get better deals on Ebay IF you get in at the right time. Some guys on here selling HT for Ebay or above Ebay pricing just makes me laugh. They have a right to whatever they want. Just comparison shop.
Offers are OK by me- I'm not upset by people asking ...I just mostly skip those postings.

Back