putting 2 Detolfs together - anyone try it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a company called jysk that sells a "double detolf" style case. They are a chain and available in Canada and Europe. Not so sure about the US.

Here are older pics of mine:

IMG_0111Medium.jpg

IMG_0113Medium.jpg

laundry006Large.jpg

DSC00063Large.jpg

Wow! Looks like a lot of work. But the finished product is beautiful! :clap

so wanted to expand on space and reuse glass from the detolfs......so getting there slowly today -

Before -

DSC_0085.jpg

After -

DSC_0089.jpg

I knew it was going to be tight as when I measured it the height from floor to the wall shelf differed by a couple of CM's at each end but it just fits in..........

now to think where to put the stuff back.

oh and the bottom shelf all round is high enough to take the MK3 Bertie.....planning for ya..... :hi5:

the lighting was used on my hot toys but I never used it so this way they will be more useful now. _:yess:

looks like repurpose of all the glass panels he already. I have seen these joints before and its a good idea but the long panels are already bending without anything on it I would really look into adding support oh and now you have no doors at all so dust bunnies are going to have full access :p

bring on the dust bunnies, means I get to take the stuff off to dust and play with them more ...

the shelfs are now loaded and haven't changed at all so alll good....I did do some calcs beforehand and worked out fine but yeah alot of glass. :panic:

oh and its my own design given the space limitations I had.....needed more space with the materials I had at hand and this kinda worked.

Glass is not very flexible so it may not sag much more but will just break without much warning if stressed enough. Considering you having more space now I am sure you will get a lot more now ;)

it looks like that due to the shelf above of the floor not being even.....the top left corner of the unit only just fits under the shelf with no space where as the top right corner has prob an inch so it gives the impression that the shelf is dipping

:rotfl
Not mines but someone on another board I frequent at tried it. https://www.tofunction.com/model/2011/02/detolf-dual-mod/

ModdedDetolf1.jpg

ModdedDetolf2.jpg

ModdedDetolf3.jpg

ModdedDetolf4.jpg

That is perfect and not the hard to do. Will definitly reconsider this option for my new collection room. I especially like that ther is a shelve under the doubled Detolf. Maybe add a small double box at the top to install some lights and hide the electricity, but otherwise exactly what I was looking for. thanks for posting!:clap

Maglor suggested for me to post this here. A friend of mine in another forum named KiriK created this so he takes full credit.

This is his step by step tutorial:

Here's pictures of how he put it together

"I sawed off the edge of the detolf boards before putting them together":
2009-7-5011.jpg

"I drilled holes and used mending plates, bolts, nuts, and washers to hold the two pieces"
2009-7-5012.jpg

"Here's what the bottom side looks like"
2009-7-5020.jpg

And now putting in the frame for the Detolf
2009-7-5021.jpg

2009-7-5022.jpg

Add the glass sides, doors, and top pieces!
2009-7-5023.jpg

Top bolted together just like the bottom pieces
2009-7-5025.jpg

See how small the gap is now between the doors in the front. I can barely stick my finger through whereas i could fit my whole hand into the original frame
2009-7-5027.jpg

Thanks to him I was able to pull mine off =) Enjoy

Back