Punk Spike rocks in!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firefly Flanatic Well the only reason I get 'fussy' about little details such as the shirt etc is that I want these items to be as authentic as possible, especially as Spike is my favorite character from the show.

Also I feel that If I could spot there was something going on with the shirt front (even looking at my cap you can see there's some colour showing) then so can Sideshow. Granted I'm a fan, but I'm not trying to produce a product that doll collectors/Buffy fans will buy.

Those photo's on the other forum do make him look better, especially when his jointed arms are covered with the coat. The likeness is still 'dodgy' but as this one was created 'freehand' and not based on a worked over scan (as apparantly the first Spike was) so I expect a bit of 'leeway' on that.

I will probably still get this If I can pick him up cheap on eBay.

Sueworld - I totally get what you're saying and why it bugs you - these particular details don't bother me on this figure but on the Vamp Spike I just thought his skin was way too dark (especially when posed next to human faced Spike) - it's a little thing that bugs me everytime I look at him. And my Willow's face is so pale that it is so noticable even from a distance away and I think if her coloring had been better she would've looked better too so I have some things that I'm fussy about too.

And I agree that the pants do look better in the other pictures from the other forum. I also wish they had given this Spike a coat too because it is the episode where he gets it so it would be more significant for him to have had that as an accessory.

Hey Sideshow - Could you possibly offer up Spike's coat as an extra purchase item?!!

I agree with you on the vamp Spike doll. As you say the skin was way, way too dark. You wonder if someone at Sideshow is colour blind or something.

As to Willow *shudder* the only way to improve how she looks is to put a bag over her head and write 'Willow' On the front.

I may moan when they get things wrong, but I do praise when they get things right as well. I adored the first Spike release and I thought the first Angel doll was excellent as well. Both the first two Buffy's were superb, but I found the last version hideous beyond belief.

In the end I loved vamp Willow and I'm so looking forward to getting the new Xander doll and vamp Dru doll. OZ of course was also an excellent likeness and it was great that they used a smaller body for him.

So you see I don't think the whole line is bad, just certain ones. Which when they dissapoint, they do big time.

Back