Premium Format Punisher Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes moon night! All semi popular characters means lower ES as well. So I'm all for them. Not rubbing it in but we all know. Look at punisher. I'm surprise his ES is 350 for the ex. I thought he was way more popular then red Sonja, Shaak Ti, lady death, etc.

I believe he probably is more popular. Thing is this is his third pop as a Sideshow statue and people who like the Punisher probably already have the comiquette or the 1st PF. Red Sonja, Shaak Ti etc are only on the first (and only?) statue available from Sideshow - excluding dioramas.

This started because the rail & sights broke off when I was setting up the figure.

AA1_zps35a644cc.jpg

The original barrel has a solid metal tube inside it.
I used a small hacksaw, but if you have a Dremel that will come in handy too.

Shotgun comes in 4 parts:
The body.
The rail with sights, this is glued in a grove on top (which I had to fill and sand smooth)
The drum and guard. This also has the part the slides up into the body, which you can see from the back.
Hand. The trigger and grip are part of the hand sculpt.

AA2_zps2e8b74a6.jpg

This is where the shotgun body broke. I don't have an image of the part I was sanding, but because of the pressure the crack formed and then split. I had to glue it back together, fill, sand & paint. Once done it was solid again.

AA3_zpsef6f3a62.jpg

Shotgun body primed for paint. That point above the barrel I formed from the same 2-part filler, once dry I filed and sanded to a point. It's what I did in the moment but would suggest finding something already done as that took time and wasn't all that easy.
New barrel is a small aluminum tube with thicker walls.

AA4_zpsed975610.jpg

Template for the AA12 ..
AA5_zps51d778f2.jpg

Again, materials just were not working but I do like the way it looks so I may try again.

AA6_zps908ec026.jpg

AA7_zpsd4801e0a.jpg

End result. I'm happy with the way it turned out but may still add the AA 12 and a strap on the stock.

I hope this helps if you decide to try. Just be patient.

This is the knife replacement.

I got the knife from this website and as it was listed as a Vietnam era combat knife I went with it.

https://www.atlantacutlery.com/p-1667-military-heritage-combat-mini-knife.aspx

PK1_zps8a96072b.jpg
Size comparison.

PK3_zps53c7957b.jpg
Handle removed.

PK5_zpsbfc06a3c.jpg
I had to grind down the blade to an appropriate length with the same size peg.
Also had to drill out a hole in the hand. This is tricky and delicate, don't wanna mess that up.
A Dremel is your friend.

PK123_zps4be666b4.jpg
Finished product. I attached the guard and painted that along with the knuckles a dark metallic grey using the same 2-part filler in the hole to secure the knife. I also sanded down the blade a little to dull the original polished look.
Rock solid once dry.

PK8_zpsb73e8e6b.jpg
PK10_zps4cba64b5.jpg
PK9_zpsf5d82542.jpg
PK11_zpsa4202f9f.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing pics of your project. I wouldn't try it myself but it's nice to watch talented members who can do it.

Thanks, the figure on its own is great and I have no complaints even with the weapons it comes with.
If you can alter/custom them then all the better.

Looking forward to see what others have done too. :duff

Great custom work on the Punisher guys :clap loving the new knife custom...looks so much better doesn't it :rock dont think I've been this excited about a PF before I've even received it :lol looking forward to Spazzy's cool custom alternate hands/guns which just adds to the excitement :panic: :panic:

@ Spazzy, do you think you'll be doing a similar custom on the knife buddy? :pray:

Very cool pork chop!

robertobagg- I don't think I will be adding a knife custom to my long list of customs for this guy...I don't think I could do much better anyways short of buying the same knife repeated times...and I don't cut metal and shape it, so my blade would be resin and probably similar in strength

robertobagg- I don't think I will be adding a knife custom to my long list of customs for this guy...I don't think I could do much better anyways short of buying the same knife repeated times...and I don't cut metal and shape it, so my blade would be resin and probably similar in strength

No worries Pat, I'm just grateful your doing the custom alternate hands in the first place. They are sure to add an extra dimension to the figure :exactly:

Just picked the ex up here in the UK mainly because of the genuinely good reviews and a price similar to the regs available for preorder. Looking forward to it and seeing Spazzy's left hand weapons. I have the comiquette so it will be interesting to compare. I nearly pre-ordered at the beginning as Punisher was the first marvel series I remember reading and being obsessed with as a teen (big fan of all antiheroes) but the comiquette ownership held me back. Loving the ES to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back