PT Changing How You View The OT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember thinking how ludicrous an idea it was to include Quigon in ROTJ until I saw someone edit the scene to make him appear AFTER Luke turns away to join the party and it flowed really nicely (I especially liked the "iris out" on the ghosts instead of on Luke et al.)

I am sure that gave a few freaks a heart attack. :horror

do you have the link to that video?

I think that the ghosts appearing is meant to be how the viewer interprets them, so Yoda might see Obi-Wan as he last saw him, and not the old dude Luke sees. I do think its weird that Anakin's ghost is wearing the OT robe though.

I think so too.. I remeber when yoda said that we are "luminous beings, not this crude matter"

I would imagin that they see the ghost as they're "ideal" image.

I think that the ghosts appearing is meant to be how the viewer interprets them, so Yoda might see Obi-Wan as he last saw him, and not the old dude Luke sees. I do think its weird that Anakin's ghost is wearing the OT robe though.

It's quite odd since the DVD cut is intended to be another step towards Lucas' vision (I say another because I'm sure he's not done). Yet, that scene really feels half assed to me. It really looks like they just plopped Anakin's head from the vneck up onto Shaw's OT robed body, which leads to some awkward movement at times and a wtf moment about him wearing the robes.

I'm ok with Hayden's insertion, but ideally, he should 1) have been full inserted and with CGI today, it could be done, costly and time consuming, but could be done, and 2) perhaps just give him PT Obi-Wan styled robes with whit shirt and pants to keep that pure spirit look if that's the intent, but to have him dawn a costume that hardly resembles anything from his era is just odd.

It's quite odd since the DVD cut is intended to be another step towards Lucas' vision (I say another because I'm sure he's not done). Yet, that scene really feels half assed to me. It really looks like they just plopped Anakin's head from the vneck up onto Shaw's OT robed body, which leads to some awkward movement at times and a wtf moment about him wearing the robes.

I'm ok with Hayden's insertion, but ideally, he should 1) have been full inserted and with CGI today, it could be done, costly and time consuming, but could be done, and 2) perhaps just give him PT Obi-Wan styled robes with whit shirt and pants to keep that pure spirit look if that's the intent, but to have him dawn a costume that hardly resembles anything from his era is just odd.

Agree with one, but not with 2. I like the look of a PT Jedi in OT duds. It not only makes sense because 1) (as has been said before) since a force ghost seems to be a projection from the living person-ie Luke-it makes more sense to have him in OT duds) and 2) I like just like the symmetry presented by Yoda being flanked by two dudes in OT duds. :D

I'm with you on symetry, I tend to be that way in my art so from that perspective, it is fitting. Now, Hayden just needs a little paunch to match Obi-Wan and it'd be really symetrical :lol

I'm with you on symetry, I tend to be that way in my art so from that perspective, it is fitting. Now, Hayden just needs a little paunch to match Obi-Wan and it'd be really symetrical :lol

:lol:lol:lol

You know when you get these figs from me in the mail you are at full liberty to express yourself (ie if you wanna see Ghost Ani wearing Obi's clothes, feel free to do so.). :duff

:lol:lol:lol

I'll fatten your Anakin up so you'll end up being like what the hell, was he shipped next to a hostess carton or what haha.

I think so too.. I remeber when yoda said that we are "luminous beings, not this crude matter"

I would imagin that they see the ghost as they're "ideal" image.

THat's the Astral Plane in X-men comics. I think, since its about familiarity, Luke saw Anakin as what he perceived he would have dressed. Of course, that doesn't explain why Luke would have seen a young Anakin, so it's all kind of weird.

THat's the Astral Plane in X-men comics. I think, since its about familiarity, Luke saw Anakin as what he perceived he would have dressed. Of course, that doesn't explain why Luke would have seen a young Anakin, so it's all kind of weird.

Well it's more family friendly to show a handsome, done up face, even Shaw's, than to show a disfigured, mangled piece of a man when it comes to a redeemed soul :lol

Lucas!!!! :banghead

I heard that GL will make one more change by adding little Anakin along Yoda and Old Ben screaming "Yipee" as Luke turns his head.:monkey3

I heard that GL will make one more change by adding little Anakin along Yoda and Old Ben screaming "Yipee" as Luke turns his head.:monkey3

"Not very funny".

IJ2_IA_289_R.jpg

Back