PS3 MOVE sucks? Opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say it's all a waste of time or money. I love the Wii and have a blast using those controls. The Move right now, might not be the best or nothing new or has some issues, but the idea is there. They all add another level of physical interaction and make alot of games fun to play, such as the bowling and other sport games.
Party games are fun too. It should't just always be about sitting in the living room alone playing a game by yourself.
There is room for both.
The motion ones definetly benefit more with having people over, or party games or with the family.

I'm really interested in seeing how the Move will be implemented over time. Games like MGS Rising will definitely benefit from it.

If I could score the bundle set for $50, I'd give it a chance. Is the Kinect dominated everything right now?

While I'm no big fan of motion-based controllers, a recent experience has convinced me to seriously consider getting Kinect. Not so much for the games, but for the added functionality.

A buddy and I were having a video chat on Xbox Live, and his Kinect camera would automatically pan and scan when he'd move around his basement, or zoom in or out depending on how far away he was. I thought that was pretty cool. Couple that with voice activation ("Xbox ON!") and hand controls ala Minority Report for the desktop, and I'm pretty much sold.

I also look forward to the new Kinect Chat feature, which will have your Xbox Live avatars in a specific location (i.e. Conan's late night set), with your avatars emoting through facial recognition technology. You raise your eyebrows; your avatar raises his. It's not a revolution, but it definitely shows promise beyond strictly motion-based gameplay.

That being said, I also didn't hate the Move when I tried it out at a local store. I found it pretty accurate, but the constant need for calibration did get on my nerves. That, and I have yet to see anything that rises it above what the Wii is currently capable of. That might change once more Move-based games get released, though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback....yeah, I figured Move totally copied the Wii in terms on controls, so when I found out that most games use just the one controller, it weirded me out for some reason

I figure I would probably get the Kinect at some point, but waiting until their is software titles I want

if the Kinect has a boxing game, OMG....that would so rock

I'm really interested in seeing how the Move will be implemented over time. Games like MGS Rising will definitely benefit from it.

Some recent reviews of Killzone 3 are giving huge thumbs up for Move control integration. This alone has me considering getting a starter bundle. For $100 I don't really need anything else but the controller, camera, and some goofy games for the GF. Hopefully more games will continue to not only use Move, but use it well.

the camera sucks as a camera, but for capturing the move its fine, as for the move itself i felt the same. The launch games were crap (as were Kinect), but with Killzone 3 Beta i LOVE the move, i use it as much if not more than the DS3.

Current motion control tech is not there to replace conventional control pads, but if done right it makes a fun and challenging alternative, I mean look at the Wii, the successful games (Mario) only use waggle and gestures because the tech is limited.

I've been trying to use the Move with Dead Space: Extraction, and it never stays calibrated. The reticle always seems to move off to the right slowly, and every 5 minutes or so, I need to recalibrate it. So annoying. at least the Wiimote is more stable in terms of calibration. :slap

I've been trying to use the Move with Dead Space: Extraction, and it never stays calibrated. The reticle always seems to move off to the right slowly, and every 5 minutes or so, I need to recalibrate it. So annoying. at least the Wiimote is more stable in terms of calibration. :slap

Yeah, that is pointless if you have to reset it every 5 min

Back