PS3 MOVE sucks? Opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sithlord1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK, I just got the PS3 move for X-mas. I was all excited. And it's not to say it has some cool ideas and unique options that make it a bit more interactive then then Wii for example. But overall, I'm more frustrated or have a lackluster feeling about the whole thing, and now I'm starting to think they should have just left it alone, and leave that stuff to the Wii.
I also have the Wii.

Here's my experience so far. First of all, yes the controller is very cool. Very solid, and I love the whole multi color glowing ball thing. Very cool. It's even a microphone too and you can record yourself for some games.
Some of the game applications are also cool. Because it's a camera, you can see yourself and you living room on the tv. So some games like the Eyepet, put YOU in the game and you interact with virtual stuff that appear as if they are on your living room carpet etc.

But the thing, because it's a camera, it has so many frustrating limitations. I'm always having to calibrate it for like every single game, every single person that plays. Angle it up, angle it down. Oh, too bright out today, can't play because it's too bright. Can't play at night because you can't see the camera etc. The conditions have to be so precise just to play.
Then even then, it doesn't have a nice easy flow when moving things around the screen. I can't just sit on the couch and slighly aim the controller to the top corner of the screen to target something. No, I have literally stretch my arm out way over there to target things around the screen. Either the calibration or sensitivity is way off, or I'm not doing something right, or some of the games and their application with this camera and controlling detecting is just that sucky.

So any other thoughts? Right now, I'm ready to just stick to the Wii. Whatever tech they are using for that (infrared) or whatever, is just way simpler to enjoy then this camera and detecting the glowing sphere is.

I passed on the Move because I suspected I'd have a lot of the issues you described. I wouldn't mind getting a Kinect, but then I'd have to buy a new system and rearrange my gaming area. I'm not in any hurry to do that until some decent games come out for it.

Until then, my Wii and DualShock PS3 will do.

Like you, i have a PS3 and a Wii. The Wii was unique and had it's own appeal, the game designs were specific to the motion function. Essentially, they set the mold. I haven't tried the Move yet, but i'm already hearing more negative than positive reviews for it. I'm sure it has a lot of cool features, and that it works well, but i've never really been that interested in it.

I grew up with a Nintendo and Super NES, then went directly to Play Stations. I think i'd rather stick to the controler play with a PS system than change the whole dynamic.

I'm not ready to try these... I already fell for the Wii which I don't use at all really... when there is a star wars game I'll have to resist!

Wow My Expirience has Been the Total Opposite ! We got it for my 5 year old Son..... At the beginning was a little hard but after you really get the hold of it is VERY Acurate I have been playing the Ping Pong game from the sports championship and as and long time ping pong player this thing rocks! ..... the volleyball game is pretty Cool.... Some games will be miss and hit offcourse but the main thing is the learning curve to really get good at some games! :)....

I bought the Move when it was released. It's pretty fun but not anything I really see potential in or give much hope for. I wasn't blown away and it's the main reason I did not get a Kinect. I think it would have been better if I had waited for it to have better games and stuff.

I was excited about this until I saw the price. That killed it.

Then the Kinect kicked it while it was down.

Something with some serious buzz must come along before I even consider buying the Move.

I actually like the move quite a lot. I enjoy the sword fighting and all the other 'games' that you wouldn't think offered. And I really need to check out Res. Evil 5 now. Thanks Lord-22. Looking forward to the Heroes one with ratchet and clank as well.

They had stalls not to long ago in a closeby mall. i thought it was fun, but when it came down to it i bought 3 games instead( cost the same)
ill get it when its cheaper

I bought the Move when it was released. It's pretty fun but not anything I really see potential in or give much hope for. I wasn't blown away and it's the main reason I did not get a Kinect. I think it would have been better if I had waited for it to have better games and stuff.
:lecture I didn't notice much of a difference from what the Wii established either. I'd have to say for the fun I'd buy a Kinect before the Move. The bowling game was just awesome, and I can't wait to see what they'll do with the Kinect in the future.

I was excited about this until I saw the price. That killed it.

Then the Kinect kicked it while it was down.

Something with some serious buzz must come along before I even consider buying the Move.

The price on both the Move and the Kinect ruined it for me. I think they're both overpriced, and neither really bring anything new to the table.

We're using this on the game we're making and it actually works pretty well.

I'm not entirely sure that the camera is everything for the motion control--I've used it to where the camera doesn't get a good view and it still worked.

That being said--it's way too expensive

Then even then, it doesn't have a nice easy flow when moving things around the screen. I can't just sit on the couch and slightly aim the controller to the top corner of the screen to target something. No, I have literally stretch my arm out way over there to target things around the screen.

I'm sorry but this part just really made me laugh for a moment. it's called the MOVE for a reason, which means you have to move. it's meant to get you off your butt and well MOVE to play. I know on the Wii you can just sit there on the couch and wave the controller all day and play. But, you can't really complain that a add-on or whatever you want call this makes you literally move and do whatever motions need to be done in order to play the game when it's called the MOVE. :slap:dunno

I haven't bought this and don't intend to. I'm heading for the Kinect when it's a tad cheaper or comes in a bundle pack next Christmas.

VIDEO GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED WITH A CONTROLLER WHILE SITTING ON YOUR ASS WITH AS BAG OF CHIPS. END OF STORY.

the day there are no more regular controllers for video games is the day l stop playing video games. l will have a bag of chips and play with my self instead.:lol

Last edited:
i bought the move and the kinect for my young family for christmas we are playing the kinect a ton and really enjoying it, the move just hasnt been a hit at our house...

VIDEO GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED WITH A CONTROLLER WHILE SITTING ON YOUR ASS WITH AS BAG OF CHIPS. END OF STORY.

the day there are no more regular controllers for video games is the day l stop playing video games. l will have a bag of chips and play with my self instead.

That quote is really creepy when paired with your sig pic. :yuck

Only got to try it in-store, but I thought it was functional. I've heard the Move works well from friends who have it.

Back