PS3 Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slickgonzalez

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a total noob and idiot when it comes to video games. I bought a PS3 because I wanted to play Arkham Asylum and I figured I could stream Netflix as well. I also use my Mac as a Media Server to stream other stuff (movies/music, etc.)

Anyway, I know PS3 Network was hacked, but that's about as much as I know. Basically my PS3 has been a brick ever since it was hacked. I can still play games and DVD's, but Netflix never connects anymore and my MEdia Server always gives me DNS errors.

From what I understand, all the hacker issues were sorted out, but if that's the case why can't I ever connect to Netflix? It always says I need to log in to PS Network, which I do, but then it never works. What should I do?

There are a lot of problems that could be associated with not being able to log onto the PSN. Try heading over to the official Playstation site: www.us.playstation.com and check out the Technical Support section. If that doesn't work, you can try posting there, and see if you'll get a good response.

Yeah, as the guy Above mentioned, you need to update with a new password. If you don't, it'll act like netfix will start then it will boot you off.

Thanks guys, updating my password fixed it!

Frustrating to think of all my lost time with this. Why wouldn't the PS3 have prompted me to change it? It never told me my password was incorrect, I never received any emails from Sony, etc... I even searched online for solutions, and couldn't ever find one. Luckily I decided to ask you guys!

For such a highly-regarded piece of technology, I have been nothing but underwhelmed by this system...

You know what my problem now is? I have my ps3 to sign me in automatically so that it remembers my password. But, I forget it. I have tried for days signing in on playstation.com but I can't remember it. So I have tried using the 'forget password' link. But it wont help me because it always says that part of the site is down for maintenance. I mean seriously, for days?!! Boooooo.

Thanks guys, updating my password fixed it!

Frustrating to think of all my lost time with this. Why wouldn't the PS3 have prompted me to change it? It never told me my password was incorrect, I never received any emails from Sony, etc... I even searched online for solutions, and couldn't ever find one. Luckily I decided to ask you guys!

For such a highly-regarded piece of technology, I have been nothing but underwhelmed by this system..

Your problems stem from the company's software and service, not the hardware itself.

Glad you were able to sort everything out.

Back