Media downloading vs hooking up old console

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banthafett

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's honest opinion is.

Ive been wanting to replay some old games( old gta games, the warriors) and was wondering if hooking up my ps2 would be best or just getting the games through ps store and playing them through ps3. I have some physical copies of the games I want to replay, some I would have to buy the disc anyways.

Ive only downloaded one game because it came that way with the bundle, and that was The Last of Us on PS4. So I'm still a newb to the online buying. Wasn't impressed with how long it took to download, but that was when the network was hit and miss after xmas so that might have been part of it.

Reading on the store the gameplay "may" be different. Is it?

Storage? For those who purchase online a lot, what do you do about this. If something happens and you lose the game, can you get it back or have to rebuy it?

Any other kind of problems the online way?

My wife's work schedule has changed to 3rd shift, so I will have a lot of time to be playing games.

Unless you got an early PS3 you can't play PS2 games on them.
As far as digital goes, games these days are very large, like 50GB which is a lot to download, old games would be much faster to download. Some of the digital versions are not the same as the original game, like the Xbox 360 release of GTA San Andreas was a port of the Android version.

All digital purchases are tied to your account, so you can redownload as many times as you want with your account. I believe with the new consoles since all games have to be installed on the hard drive it will erase the least-played game if you want to install something new and don't have enough space.

When it comes to old games I've just started buying them for $2-$4 on steam and gog, I always have my computer hooked up to my television and it saves having to dig out half a dozen consoles to make it happen. That said, some games aren't on steam and gog... :gah:

Back