Statue Prototypez DC comics license!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightwing looks great and he's one of my favorite characters. Too bad I can't paint worth **** and would have to pay at least an additional $200 for someone to paint him up for me, and he's most likely going to retail for at least $220.

Hopefully Sideshows premium format is as good as this sculpt, I'll have to wait for that one. :pray: :pray:

Nightwing looks great and he's one of my favorite characters. Too bad I can't paint worth **** and would have to pay at least an additional $200 for someone to paint him up for me, and he's most likely going to retail for at least $220.

Hopefully Sideshows premium format is as good as this sculpt, I'll have to wait for that one. :pray: :pray:

me too. this sculpt is the bomb. i really hope the sideshow PF is in the same league.

Production peek! He's almost here!!

There was also an interview at dccollectors.com, where Prototypez Studio owner and sculptor Erick Sosa mentioned some of the characters coming up next...

https://www.dccollectors.com/2014/06/sosa-big-plans-dc-kits-statues/

"Well we have 12 characters in the process of approvals with Nightwing being the first."

"He is closely followed by Green Lantern, Batman, Harley Quinn, Aquaman, Bane, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman, etc..."

e9d66s.png

I've been researching how to paint/airbrush for 3 days now.. I'm exhausted...

Nightwing will be a good start for me; he's pretty simple, color wise.

I've been researching how to paint/airbrush for 3 days now.. I'm exhausted...

Nightwing will be a good start for me; he's pretty simple, color wise.

If you're dead serious about actually mastering the art of airbrushing (frustrating at first but amazing once you get the 'feel' for it), I'd suggest 'biting the bullet' up front and getting a 'dead serious' setup like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Iwata-Medea-IW-200-Deluxe-Airbrush/dp/B000R04R2A

First off, I don't work for Iwata so this 'review' is completely my own opinion. I had a Badger for years and painted kits so sporadically that I was just buying cans of compressed air. When my airbrush finally gave up on me, I managed to score this set from my local art supply store for a too-sweet-to-pass-up closeout price and, holy $%#@, was I blown away when I started in with it.
Both the airbrush and compressor are fairly badass.

I'm already planning on getting an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS; that confirms it was a good decision!

I've spent most of today going over paints.. right now, it's between Mr. Color and Vallejo, and I'm leaning towards Vallejo since it's water-based.

If you're dead serious about actually mastering the art of airbrushing (frustrating at first but amazing once you get the 'feel' for it), I'd suggest 'biting the bullet' up front and getting a 'dead serious' setup like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Iwata-Medea-IW-200-Deluxe-Airbrush/dp/B000R04R2A

First off, I don't work for Iwata so this 'review' is completely my own opinion. I had a Badger for years and painted kits so sporadically that I was just buying cans of compressed air. When my airbrush finally gave up on me, I managed to score this set from my local art supply store for a too-sweet-to-pass-up closeout price and, holy $%#@, was I blown away when I started in with it.
Both the airbrush and compressor are fairly badass.

I think what probably made the most difference was that you went from compressed cans to a compressor. With the cans, the pressure is not constant. A big hurdle I have is getting the paint consistency correct. Too thick it will clog your airbrush, to thin and it splatters everywhere. Also working with Acrylics is a pain because acrylics dry so fast that it sometimes dried on you while your spraying causing it to clog as well. thinning the paints is important, and I have not mastered that yet.

Black Adam advances past GL & Batman, and is headed to being printed.

BA1_zps3ffe6af3.jpg

BA3_zps3f9ad109.jpg

BA2_zpsfab83656.jpg

BA4_zps6349ba96.jpg

Last edited:
Back