Protect your head!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyberVillain

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm glad I wore a helmet on the way to work last Tuesday, WITH the helmet I suffered a pretty heavy concussion and haven't been able to work all week.

helmet.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap Cyber, that must've been some hard hit. I'm glad the helmet did its job and left you pretty much ok. I had a fall onto a concrete gutter within a week of getting my first helmet. I still remember it clear as day, and that was 20 years ago. That's 20 years of a life that could easily have been very different. Good on you Cyber, a good helmet and a bit of good luck no doubt and you're still with us :)

Sorry to hear that man. So what happened??

I've suffered two concussions in my life, and both while wearing a helmet. My first was during my first season of ice hockey in high school, and I didn't even remember what happened all weekend. When I came to school Monday, I didn't know I had a test in Spanish class. Haha. Hope you're recovering quickly!

yeah let me tell you this story, so a couple of blocks where I live some idiot a couple of months ago on a bike got hit by a car and flew inside the windshield and died. so his family or friends put the bike and chained it to a lamp post for memorial and a couple of days ago I went by it, it looked different and there was a sign on the seat saying that the person who stole the parts of the bike is a jackass.

Holy crap Cyber, that must've been some hard hit. I'm glad the helmet did its job and left you pretty much ok. I had a fall onto a concrete gutter within a week of getting my first helmet. I still remember it clear as day, and that was 20 years ago. That's 20 years of a life that could easily have been very different. Good on you Cyber, a good helmet and a bit of good luck no doubt and you're still with us :)

Thanks for the concern Lejuan!

Sorry to hear that man. So what happened??

I've suffered two concussions in my life, and both while wearing a helmet. My first was during my first season of ice hockey in high school, and I didn't even remember what happened all weekend. When I came to school Monday, I didn't know I had a test in Spanish class. Haha. Hope you're recovering quickly!

Well, I were going downhill on a bridge in the cycle lane, its bikes going both ways on a very narrow lane, anyway, this guy in the opposite lane starts a overtaking, I guess he miscalculated my speed or didnt saw me at all, anyway, we do a head-on collision, my GPS registered 30 km/h at the event of the crash, so it was pretty high speeds..

Black eye, _____ked up jaw, neck pains and concussion was the result. The first thing I remember is lying in a couch in the reception at the office (its maybe 300 meters from the crash site, I have no recollection of how I got there).

Well, I were going downhill on a bridge in the cycle lane, its bikes going both ways on a very narrow lane, anyway, this guy in the opposite lane starts a overtaking, I guess he miscalculated my speed or didnt saw me at all, anyway, we do a head-on collision, my GPS registered 30 km/h at the event of the crash, so it was pretty high speeds..

Black eye, _____ked up jaw, neck pains and concussion was the result. The first thing I remember is lying in a couch in the reception at the office (its maybe 300 meters from the crash site, I have no recollection of how I got there).

Wait, I had to read this twice. You had a head on collision with another cyclist who was coming in the opposite direction (uphill)? Did I understand correctly? Do you know if the other guy was injured at all? Pretty scary stuff. I used to ride a bike often, and nearly just as often I would neglect wearing my helmet. Stupid I guess, but I've had two unrelated concussions in my life, one of which was pretty serious, so I feel where you're coming from.

Also, my apologies for my previous joking post. It wasn't meant in any way to belittle your experience, but merely to interject some humor into an otherwise serious thread. You know, much like 100 other members have done to 1,000 other threads on here for as long as I can recall. I didn't realize when I tried it I would be shunned by a couple of snobs. :dunno

Glad you're okay.

You know, much like 100 other members have done to 1,000 other threads on here for as long as I can recall. I didn't realize when I tried it I would be shunned by a couple of snobs. :dunno

Glad you're okay.

Most of the 100 members don't go down the helmet/short bus road. :rolleyes:

You're just angry because you were called out by two board members.

Sincerely,

Snob #1

Most of the 100 members don't go down the helmet/short bus road. :rolleyes:

You're just angry because you were called out by two board members.

Sincerely,

Snob #1

No, I'm not angry. Just a little annoyed at the hypocrisy I'm sensing, as well as the fact that you felt this required "calling out" in the first place. Maybe it wasn't very funny, or even dated, but I didn't feel being called a "dumbass" over it was necessary.

No, I'm not angry. Just a little annoyed at the hypocrisy I'm sensing, as well as the fact that you felt this required "calling out" in the first place. Maybe it wasn't very funny, or even dated, but I didn't feel being called a "dumbass" over it was necessary.

No offense, but I do because it is actually a pretty insensitive joke. Hey I get it, "we are on the internet and I should let things go" but I don't feel like making jokes at the expense of people who actually do ride so called "short buses" is necessary.

No offense, but I do because it is actually a pretty insensitive joke. Hey I get it, "we are on the internet and I should let things go" but I don't feel like making jokes at the expense of people who actually do ride so called "short buses" is necessary.

But this isn't just the internet, and for this community especially I felt the humor would be appropriate. I feel a little sorry for individuals without much of a sense of humor, and I appear to have found two of them. At any rate my opinion has been expressed and dismissed, and I'm clearly outnumbered, so I think the best course of action now is to simply stop responding to the tag teaming. :wave

Wait, I had to read this twice. You had a head on collision with another cyclist who was coming in the opposite direction (uphill)? Did I understand correctly? Do you know if the other guy was injured at all? Pretty scary stuff. I used to ride a bike often, and nearly just as often I would neglect wearing my helmet. Stupid I guess, but I've had two unrelated concussions in my life, one of which was pretty serious, so I feel where you're coming from.

Also, my apologies for my previous joking post. It wasn't meant in any way to belittle your experience, but merely to interject some humor into an otherwise serious thread. You know, much like 100 other members have done to 1,000 other threads on here for as long as I can recall. I didn't realize when I tried it I would be shunned by a couple of snobs. :dunno

Glad you're okay.

Yeah, He was going uphill in maybe 15 km/h or so, so the total speed was somewhere around 45.. THe funny thing is somehow I managed to take his cellphone number, he texted me later and said he was sorry and that all was well with him. The guilty one got away :p

I do not wear a helmet when I'm biking in normal clothes, but when I commute the speeds (Sometimes as high as 60 km/h) are higher and sometimes I have to run a red light in rush-hour traffic, I wouldnt do that without helmet ;)

No worries, I didnt get offended by your joke ;)

The taxi driver that picked me up outside the hospital joked and asked me if I had a flat tire (He noticed my bicycle outfit, but not my injuries), when I said that I had been in a bicycle accident he went really serious and asked if I were offended, I said no but he kept asking for forgivness the entire trip.. hehe, he must have felt really bad that he didn't saw that I was injured... hehe

Are you going to cry? You wrote a dumbass statement and were summarily dismissed. Simple as that.

But this isn't just the internet, and for this community especially I felt the humor would be appropriate. I feel a little sorry for individuals without much of a sense of humor, and I appear to have found two of them. At any rate my opinion has been expressed and dismissed, and I'm clearly outnumbered, so I think the best course of action now is to simply stop responding to the tag teaming. :wave

Most of this community consists of adults. How old are you by the way?

So somehow a "tag team" effort becomes a board conspiracy against you? I'll just add delusional to dumbass.

Thank you and goodbye.:wave

Back