PROMETHEUS: The future !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own one and it is a good design, but the joints are not as stiff as Hot Toys/BBI/Dragon.

You all do notice that the Prometeus is a less detailed Volks Neo-Guy.
h_mask_12inch02.jpg
[/IMG]

sure we did, that's why it hasn't been mentioned.

You all do notice that the Prometeus is a less detailed Volks Neo-Guy.
h_mask_12inch02.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay after seeing this I think Sideshow was a lot less innovated than I thought they were....some of...excuse me...MOST OF Prometheus is a BLATANT rip-off of that design. :monkey4

If Volks or whoever makes that body design has a current patent on that design, they could sue.

Wow...and here I thought Sideshow was getting real creative and innovative... such a shame. :monkey4 :monkey2

Why are they jacking the prices up if they didn't really invest all the time and money into R&D and instead looked at someone else's design and basically copied that?

Last edited:
The new body looks promising. I hope the adapters are included in the nude bodies that will no doubt be on sale soon. I have a bunch of blank Bucks that I was going to use for customizing, I guess those are useless now....

As for exposed joints, this figure doesn't do any better in that realm but one has to assume if SSC worked so closely with HT to develop this body could they have then developed the muscular "rubber suit" for Prometheus as well? That'd take care of the exposed figures without much fanfare....

Re: Sideshows new bodies pics

If Gandalf is on a Buck then someone seriously needs to explain the reason behind the $90 price to me before I cancel it.

Compared to Indy, Clone Kenobi and the other figures in its own line the math just would not add up at all.

I can agree with that. I feel at the most Gandy is a 75.99 figure.

Yes,
The Promethius body is an almost exact copy of the Volks Neo-Guy, (& those of you that have been in the hobby before Sideshow did 12" remember how I used to cream my pants over these insanely cool figures and all things Volks - FYI - Men With Dolls board is big on Volks female figures and there is a Volks "Neo EB" girl as well).

& to make matters worse, the Volks Neo-Guy came out ... oh... around 2001!
Crazy huh?

Well, the reason I'm so happy w/ Sideshow coming out w/ thier version of the Neo-Guy is that when 1st released, the NG was over $40 - $50 (nude & most of the times headless!)!
On top of that, they were only available in Japan and sometimes at 1 shop in Central FL (Doll & Hobby Shoppe in Deland), so if you wanted 1 of these beauties, you'd have to be as crazy as I was, spend tons of money AND be prepared to test your patience as they'd take FOREVER to reach you....

Sure us Volks fans have wished that a US co would pick up the mantle 1st created by Volks... & after long waiting, that day has ARRIVED!

A great quality mass produced 12" Indy on a Volks Neo Guy body...
I'd SERIOUSLY have never thought it possible...

*ss*

(OH! & here's the Volks USA site)
https://store.volksusa.com/dollfie-neo.html

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Neck detail can still be retained in the new design. The sculptor can simply sculpt the detail ontop of a neck template. No problem. It can still attach to the head and have range of motion.

My big problem with the volks bodies, however, is they are not the most ballanced of bodies. lets hope the sideshow version can stand up better.
Also, the volks shoulders are kinda wonkey.
Bu t on the other hand, still a good design., and there are only so many ways to build a mousetrap.

I LOVE the new body. They filled those annoying hip gaps, the arms are more fluid and realistic, torso articulation is better and the feet at long last have ball joints! :woo

And man O man are the customs going to be nice using this one.

The new body, while a bit like Volks, rocks. Can't wait to have my Joes on it :D

I also hope they have different sizes so they work with short Luke type characters and Large Vader/Jason sizes.

This is the only time I am happy to look at nude male bodies. I was getting a little tired of fighting the Buck.

Guys, did you notice the neck post between the new body and good old Buck?I'm thinking of swapping my star wars figs with the new body but with a different neck post, that would not be possible. You think sideshow will provide a compatible neck connector?

I would love to see the comparison with these to the Medicom body.

I don't think the wording of the blog bodes ill persay for Gandalf. It's just a matter of character.

You've got 2 new bodies, one intended for armored figures and one for dynamic standard figures. You've got Obi-Wan as the only armored piece right now, so naturally they give him the nod as a sample of that body, then you're left with Indy and Gandalf. I think they just wanted to give one example of each body in practice, and of the 2, Indy is a far better character to push a new body. Gandalf being the age he is, is the type of character you think hey new body sweet that'll help a lot; as many have said, the Buck could be on Gandalf and go unnoticed, but doesn't mean that's what they did. Plus, Indy has 2 heads so he's a great showcase of that functionality as well. All in All, Indy's a great flagship figure for Prometheus, and Obi-Wan is great for the armor body.

Gandalf is prolly on the tall Buck. Same used for Qui-Gon.

Back