Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's movie maquettes are "usually" 1:4 scale. All their Alien, Predator and Marvel stuff has been like that unless it's a 1:1 prop. Only non 1:4 I can think of is Hellboy Samael and The Destroyer.

Yeah, this one appears to be no exception, but Sideshow will confirm.

Looking at it again this statue looks more like a sad ballerina than the badass from the movie. I'll definitely wait to see if HT decides to make one.

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-093.jpg

Looking at it again this statue looks more like a sad ballerina than the badass from the movie. I'll definitely wait to see if HT decides to make one.

:rotfl

Couldn't tell you why his legs are so close together. Might be trying to squeeze out his own brew.

Looks like SSC is calling it a statue... I'm guessing it will be 1/5

newsheader_072513.JPG

They've referred to it as a maquette on multiple occasions. It will be 1/4. You can see the size of him next to a half scale alien bust to know he isn't that small.

They've referred to it as a maquette on multiple occasions. It will be 1/4. You can see the size of him next to a half scale alien bust to know he isn't that small.

He looks smaller than I expected, but I hope you're right. I really want this piece to be tall! :pray:

:rotfl

Couldn't tell you why his legs are so close together. Might be trying to squeeze out his own brew.

Or he's clintching! :lol

Yes my first impression was not too impressed, I was hoping for something much more sinister or intimidating. You guys are right, he sure does look like he is holding something in, all those years with out a potty will do it. " ahhhh man gotta go..., now where was that damn bathroom again"

I was so looking forward to this piece but the ballerina pose is quite the turn off, this needed to have a more imposing & fierce pose :horror
I'll be giving it a miss!!!!

Just to clear a few things up...

This piece is a Statue and not a Maquette (this was a VERY recent change as yes it had been called a Maquette in the past).

This piece is quite large but I do not believe it is a true 1/4 representation of the Engineer. Given how tall the character is in the film in order for it to be true 1/4 it would need to be somewhat bigger. Again though...this is NOT a tiny piece by any means. Hopefully folks seeing it next to the Alien Legendary Scale Bust in Comic-Con pics can get a good idea of it's overall size. I believe there is a photo or two of folks standing next to the podium this piece was displayed on that could help in getting a general idea of size as well (I hope at least).

-SideshowAlex

So no specs can be shared? What'd you say about 28" tall?

Facial expression and hands need to be loosened up a bit. He just looks silly. Like he's an opera singer or something.

Looks great...from the waist up. Any possibility for a widened stance, or is this pretty much the final product?

Back