Project GRB is complete...awaiting Skiman stamp of approval

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you have some Mad Skills 316! That said after looking at your pic of where you have them standing with the Vaulted ceiling and the dark carpet, I might go with a matte Black Stain on the outside with a White Interior with maybe Mirror Backing and Glass shelves incorporated thru out so that your cabinet lights can make your Collection stand out, BTW are the Game Names easy to remove? all of the above is just my uniformed opinion :D If I lived near I would volunteer my time, really like doin projects Good Luck 316

We don't have wallmarts or k marts or any marts in the UK:banghead - easy to get confused I guess:duh - what is the difference between the two?:confused:

Wal-Mart: Beckham (sellout for a buck/pound)
K-Mart: Player almost as good as Beckham from a previous era that hung around too long and didn't change with the game, thus becoming expendable.

I know you have some Mad Skills 316! That said after looking at your pic of where you have them standing with the Vaulted ceiling and the dark carpet, I might go with a matte Black Stain on the outside with a White Interior with maybe Mirror Backing and Glass shelves incorporated thru out so that your cabinet lights can make your Collection stand out, BTW are the Game Names easy to remove? all of the above is just my uniformed opinion :D If I lived near I would volunteer my time, really like doin projects Good Luck 316

LOL, ok I need to eliminate some confusion because I wasn't clear in the beginning: that's not me in the pic (said this) AND those aren't my pics. They were just used to show what the cases look like. Thus, no dark carpet or vaulted ceilings for me.

I doubt a stain will work because these cases are metal. I like the mirror backing idea but that will have to come later...glass shelving will cost me enough right now. I will install lights in the top too.

It seems like the game names are etched into the glass instead of stickers. Not that big of a deal since 2 sets of sliding doors do NOT have game names on them, just 1 set.

Construction begins tonight. I started painting over the weekend...and this will take awhile, lol.

Here's the color I'm going with for the exterior (you can see a little of the original blue thanks to me fat fingering it, lol).

BirthdayPresent2010011.jpg

Looking forward to the finished product 316, The Blue will work

Oh HELL NO it won't.:lol

The brown color fits perfectly with the room. It's taking a lot longer than I expected. Pretty much 3 coats of paint on everything to get the blue, red, and yellow covered up. I should be able to start bringing the base pieces in tomorrow evening to get the base put together. And then more painting, lol.

Oh HELL NO it won't.:lol

The brown color fits perfectly with the room. It's taking a lot longer than I expected. Pretty much 3 coats of paint on everything to get the blue, red, and yellow covered up. I should be able to start bringing the base pieces in tomorrow evening to get the base put together. And then more painting, lol.

:lol Glad you caught the drift of the joke 316, The Brown looks Great a more Relaxed color :exactly:

:lol Glad you caught the drift of the joke 316, The Brown looks Great a more Relaxed color :exactly:

I guess most are waiting for the final pics...so I'll give you another sneak, lol.

For size reference, that is a McFarlane 12" Jerry Rice figure....and you can see how well the textured brown paint fits in with the room colors.

BirthdayPresent2010020.jpg

:thud: Like I said before 316, Mad Skills, Looks Great, Looking forward to when it's all layed out with your Collection and the cabinet lights are on, Much Congrats :exactly:

Back