1/6 Product Review :ACI Toys 1/6 Thracian General (Pictures Only) by max

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excitingwolve

Freakalicious
Reaction score
aci19-max01.jpg
aci19-max02.jpg
aci19-max03.jpg
aci19-max04.jpg
aci19-max05.jpg
aci19-max06.jpg
aci19-max07.jpg
aci19-max08.jpg
aci19-max09.jpg
aci19-max10.jpg
aci19-max11.jpg
aci19-max12.jpg
aci19-max13.jpg
aci19-max14.jpg
aci19-max15.jpg
aci19-max16.jpg
aci19-max17.jpg
aci19-max18.jpg
aci19-max19.jpg
aci19-max20.jpg
aci19-max21.jpg
aci19-max22.jpg
aci19-max23.jpg
aci19-max24.jpg
aci19-max25.jpg
aci19-max26.jpg
aci19-max27.jpg
aci19-max28.jpg
aci19-max29.jpg
aci19-max30.jpg

Very nice! It looks incredible as a package. I would probably swap the headsculpt if anything, but damn. I'm kinda liking these ancient Greek, Roman stuff now.

What movie/tv is this guy inspired from?

Spartacus Blood and sand, It's not bad looking at all, Serang did a version a few years back that was just amazing. This looks good but the head sculpt can only be so good because it's not licensed. RIP AW.

Ooooohhhh this was in the beginning, right? Of all the Spartacus series, Blood and Sand was definitely the best. I just might grab the AW gladiator figs for this. Time to hunt one down.

I think it turned out rather well. The head sculpt doesn't look like AW but still looks damn good. The hair looks good and they managed to get the Helmet closer to scale (still a little over-sized but not too much) and everything else looks great.

Thanks for posting the pictures Excitingwolve!

Yeah. That shot is amazing. Having the Greek General, you can see why they made the helmet so big. But that's for sculpted hair. Not sure why this one should be big

I was tempted to get ACI's legionaries, but felt KP's were enough. They do look very nice though.
I have two of their Greek Hoplites, they look quite impressive on the shelf, you should give them a chance.

I think the KP helmets are much much bigger than this one! Aren't they!?! Just my 2 cents and observation!:wink1:

I like this shot.

Because you can't see his face or the top of his Mego caveman hair.

But, boy, ACI/Pangaea sure love their massive helmets.

3.%20To%20War.jpg

spartajog.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing Kaustic Plastik tackle this subject within their XXL line.

But I think KP making huge Roman helmets , see the below one is much much bigger than we needed!!

kp09-1.jpg
kp08-2.jpg

on the other hand, ACI Roman helmets are much better in scale!

KP haven't made any Greek helmets, because Fabio is reluctant to make figures he hasn't fully researched.

But their Roman helmets are perfectly scaled, as are the gladiator ones, which are smaller than their ACI counterparts.

Attachments

• kp09-2.jpg
    kp09-2.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 111
Back