Product Enterprise at UK Toyfair (Space Vixen!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edited,because Shatners link is much better than mine.But thats a very poor representation of the Tardis playset.This thing is HUGE,and fantastic!!The centre console has a battery powered motor that moves,lights up and makes that characteristic tardis sound!In this form,and i hope it does nt deviate much for production,it s easily the best small scale playset i ve ever seen!

Last edited:
Looks like September for the Space Vixen

For the first time, Product Enterprise, Ltd., is also launching an original product line called "Space Vixens of Galaxy Vega." The detailed 12-inch action-figure line launches with Capt. Peggy Rider, who is dressed in a retro-designed '50s space suit and helmet. "This is our very own, first solo product," Humphreys said. "We thought it would be really fantastic to do these cool, fancy female, retro figures. It's not from anything; it just looks like it's from the '40s or '50s. I did the designs: We aren't a very big company, so we do it all. If she's successful, we will produce a whole range of various different figures in different outfits. She will be available in September of this year." Product Enterprise, Ltd., can be found on the Web.

https://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=34661&type=0

I've also got my eye on the Space Vixen line. It does look like something right off the cover of a pulp magazine.

I have the original PE Avengers, which are the same sculpts without speech chips. The production Steed is better than the photos, but the Emma Peel paint apps murdered what looked like a good sculpt. I'd advise anyone to wait to see the new "color" Avengers production pieces before ordering them, or at least to see consumer photos. I'll probably get around to getting Mrs. Peel repainted sometime this year.

BUMP!

The Space Vixens project at Product Enterprise seems to be moving along. I'm not certain, but it appears Captain Peggy Rider has been junked in favor of Captain Felicity Bliss.

The uniform has been improved with the addition of some cool pop-up compartments on her wristbands, changes to her oxygen supply, and the addition of a ray-gun. She's going to talk (the new PE Avengers have sound chips -- I think in the base,not the figure).

And, blessedly, she no longer wears a cup.

Vixens_2_rev.jpg

But I'm not so enthusiastic about the new sculpt. The first hairstyle was very 50's, the new one less so. And I think the changes to the eyebrows (which may simply be a paint change - the angle makes it hard to be sure) take away the silly 50's seriousness and add a Gerry Anderson feel.

vixenHEADS.jpg

Wot say you lot?

Definitely not feeling the new headsculpt. I think it seriously looses the kitchyness of the original sculpt. I'm less enthused after seeing this update, but I'm still hopeful for a cool figure. I am confident in this company though, I've already got their Hammer Dracula figure and I really like it... although scale is an issue, he is about 1/2"- 1" shorter than my other vampires (SS Dracula and Nosferatu, and Banabas).

I agree also! The first thing I said when I saw the new sculpt was, "What did they do to the head?" Also, I think the original logo was light years better and more "1950's" than the new logo! :monkey1

I'm liking the modifications thus far. The hairstyle now looks more exciting and fuller than the initial version, and the wrist computers are a great touch.

Gruff Old Bear, if I read your comment correctly, I feel the opposite way about the face sculpt. The first face seemed to have a stern but neutral "Gerry Anderson" expression while the revised face gives us a humorous smirk now (at least I see the corner of her mouth turned up more). I just read more personality out of it now.

I think the new logo is just as cool, but it doesn't have the same impact as the initial one. A little more contrast or a drop edge may help. PE might have changed it so the brand doesn't refer to a particular girl for the image.

I'm hoping this line will be successful!

Product Enterprise is a great company, I have one of their Diecast Supercars and it is by far the best ever made.

Strange with the changes. action-figure.com posted this story dated April 21.

https://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19417

I like the name change. Seems more Vixen-ish. I do prefer the old hair-do. The new one seems to really fill up the bubble and take away from the face. I also prefer the original without the holster. Much cleaner look. The changes won't stop me from picking it up though.
I want a nice brunette next. :chew

Super Poseable said:
I'm liking the modifications thus far. The hairstyle now looks more exciting and fuller than the initial version.

I'm with you there - it seems to give her a bit more character. Don't know if the facial sculpt is greatly different - probably just the painting/lighting just with a new hair piece (like the separate plastic wigs for Mrs Peel and Tom Baker).

The paintjobs on the new Steed and Mrs Peel are greatly improved (though Steed's eyebrows are a little faint)...
AVENGE3.JPG

... and though they're exactly the same sculpts as before (plus larger bowler for Steed) the changes in body have eased any scale problems. And the talking stands rock; c.20 speech clips... in each! You can virtually create your own episode ;) And Steed's umbrella/sword cane has to be one of the accessories of 2006.

Nick

I do prefer the original "Peggy" head and hair — I like my Space Vixens steely-eyed and determined — but I'll be just as content with "Felicity."

I really like the new additions to the costume, especially the ray-gun and holster.

As far as the new logo is concerned, it appears they are using the winged "SV" motif on her belt, so the new logo serves double-duty as a product ID and a design element that can be incorporated into the costumes of different figures.

I love this genre and I'm hoping however the first figure evolves, it's a hit and we'll be treated to more. I especially want the redhead in the original logo. Is it September, yet?

otrlmts.gif

I believe that the original one at Toyfair was Mock-Up and has been replaced by Felicity.

However, I have no doubt that if PE shift enough units of Felicity we'll see Peggy (and more) down the line.

Get it ordered people...

I ve resurrected this topic because i ve heard of some new developments for this line,courtesy of the utterly fantastic,revived "Sci-fi &Fantasy Modeller"magazine.On it s third issue now,it s featured in the last two what appears to be an ongoing interview with Steve Walker,Product Enterprise CEO.And this issue he s mentioned the "Space Vixen" line.Heres what he had to say:

"We are very excited about this new range-mostly because it is our first'original' product that we totally own.We are only limited by our own imagination.

The idea started a few years back when we were exhibiting at the New York toyfair.I saw on a stand a prototype model of a female twelve-inch figure in a retro space suit-it looked fantastic and was receiving a lot of attention from many other attendees as well.This figure turned out to be from the Cy-Girl range and featured a very Robby-esque helmet and was just the business.Every time i went into Forbidden Planet they had sold out.However,i did eventually manage to get hold of one.

From that point,i always had in the back of my mind how fantastic it would be to take it a step further and produce a Sci-Fi/Retro figure that was really out there.I then got together with my freinds and colleagues,who are also fans of this genre,and we spent a weekend watching everything from Sky Captain to Catwomen of the Moon,original Flash Gordon serials to Flesh Gordon.We drank a lot and basically came up with a whole back-story to the range!We are developing several key characters-Felicity Bliss being the 'star' who battles the evil Veil Draganza over the last surviving man in the universe.A script is even being written for the TV-spin off!

The first releases will be Felicity herself,a model of the space vixens ship-the Errol Flynn:lol -and a 1:1 replica of the Space Vixens side-arm.Unfortunately,due to the expansion of the idea,release of the first items will not be until early next year.But believe me- they will be worth waiting for!"

This all sounds rather good does nt it:chew

Last edited:
pjam said:
Product Enterprise is a great company, I have one of their Diecast Supercars and it is by far the best ever made.
Pjam,

I agree with your feeling about Product Enterprise. P. E. is a great company. I own a low edition series' numbered
FAB 1, which is part of their, "Supermarionation Replica Collection".

• Model is supplied on a presentation plinth with clear acrylic showcase
  • An etched brass plaque indicates the unique edition number
  • Certificate of Authenticity - each individually signed by the creator of Thunderbirds - Gerry Anderson!
Note this is a bit of the beaten trail of 1:6 scale figures and I may get some flack about this post entry of mine. Have some fun!

FAB1007.jpg

FAB1012.jpg

FAB1009.jpg

FAB1010.jpg

FAB1016.jpg

FAB1013.jpg

Last edited:
Back