Probe Droid Set Processing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingmetal said:
If this is anything like Darth Maul's notices I'll be pissed; they barely gave me enough time to pay for my order and with Scar Face, The Dead: Doctor, and Bib Fortuna coming soon there will have to be some cancellations if the probes are also heading our way. :(

Oh No!!! Stuff I orderd, want, and am willing to pay for is shipping!! :rolleyes:

You only got part of it Mikey:
Oh No!!! Stuff I ordered, want, and am willing to pay for is shipping.....extremely late, out of sequence, during the holidays when money is tight and are arriving to the warehouse faster then they state in email alerts making them completely pointless.
I miss the days that Sideshow would state that a figure you place an order for would ship in a specific pre-determined month and they would do exactly that.
Remember some of us live paycheck to paycheck buddy.

screamingmetal said:
You only got part of it Mikey:

I miss the days that Sideshow would state that a figure you place an order for would ship in a specific pre-determined month and they would do exactly that.
Remember some of us live paycheck to paycheck buddy.

Look, I live from paycheck to paycheck too, but I've never decided against ordering something based on when it was projected to ship. Most figures are only delayed by a month or two. And these things usually even out as far as actual releases go. Certain figures all start shipping at the same time, and then there is a good long dry spell. Most companies don't give you this much warning.

I didn't mean to offend you, screamin'.

thinking i may cancel these too. not sure i'd ever display them much. i like the idea of having 2 sand bases for Maul and Qui but i can make them if i want.

Bah . . .for $25 it aint bad. What kills me is the extra shipping. They shouldn't have called this an inclusive edition if this wasn't "included" as part of the deal. Like Amazon, they should give us the option of "waiting for all orders combined to save on shipping".

I for one will be spewing if Maul and the probes don't ship together - no way will I be happy paying an additional $40 for shipping just for the probes. But it looks like they will as the hold on my credit card appears to be just for maul and shipping.

Spewing.

Sideshow Brant said:
That is correct, the Probe Droids are running a few weeks behind Maul. We figured Maul was a little more Christmas-y, being red and all.

Christmas-y, right. Now I have to pay an extra $29 ($34 with VAT!) for the shipping of the droid set (price $24.99!!). If the droids would have shipped together with Maul, I would have had an extra $34 bucks to spend on christmas-y christmas presents...

Radagaster said:
Bah . . .for $25 it aint bad. What kills me is the extra shipping. They shouldn't have called this an inclusive edition if this wasn't "included" as part of the deal. Like Amazon, they should give us the option of "waiting for all orders combined to save on shipping".

What He Said!

Make 2007 the year of the combined shipping initiative!!

If they aren't shipping at the same time you can't do combined. Is that really hard for some to understand?

They have limited warehouse space, so when they get stuff in they need to ship it out quickly or they won't have room in the warehouse. I think it's like 2-3 weeks between arriving for things to ship together, and if it is possible, then you can contact Sideshow and ask for things to ship together and they will if it's possible.

I'm excited about these, I just watched Episode I again last night and these'll be cool with Maul, and the sand bases too.

jlcmsu said:
If they aren't shipping at the same time you can't do combined. Is that really hard for some to understand?

I don't think it's a lack of understanding as much as a simple need to gripe about something :lol

Money is Money, and I can understand how people do not want to pay extra $ needlessly.

Personally, I understood that there was no guarantee that the Probe set was going to ship with Maul; I think some may have just assumed that, and it did cross my mind as a strong possibility. In the long run, this set is an interesting experiment on the part of SS. I will be curious if they do more someday.

I am very much looking forward to the droids 3 pack - I think they will compliment my 1:6 Maul very nicely.

jlcmsu said:

The point is that they should be shipping together so combined is available. Its not an issue for you folks in the US but to us folks overseas it stings.

Look at it this way - would anyone buy the probes WITHOUT maul ?

Why should they be? They are two different items. They where sold at the same time but not sold as an item coming with Maul directly (as in packaged with him) . They are an accessory nothing more nothing less. SS I guess could have delayed Maul another month or two or rushed the droids but some folks would have been pissed.

I feel for you guys and gals outside the US but there is nothing really that could be done about this.

Newsletter update:

We would like to announce changes in the anticipated shipping dates of the items below.

Star Wars: Sith Probe Droid expansion pack - #2145 & Inc. #21451 Now Feb 2007

Back