1/6 PROBABLE Hot Toys Star Wars: The Force Awakens figures - SPOILERS - Promo Art posted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you getting from Hot Toys?

• All in, give me all of them

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Nope, I'm sticking to the established stuff

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I'm going to pick and choose

Votes: 56 65.9%

• Total voters
I doubt I will invest too heavily in TFA.

So far I like the stormtroopers and their variants (chrome and flame). I'll probably get the Sith villain just because. No interest in the rolling ball nor the kids so far. Daisy's cute though.

I will love the movie. I will love the toys.

I will be buying everything.

Chrometrooper, Flametrooper, Kylo Ren, multiple regular Troopers, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewy, BB-8, Rey, Fin, Poe....

Every trooper looks BA! Love everything about Kylo Ren!

Disney loves you.

I doubt I will invest too heavily in TFA.

So far I like the stormtroopers and their variants (chrome and flame). I'll probably get the Sith villain just because. No interest in the rolling ball nor the kids so far. Daisy's cute though.

Not planning to get any, sentimental reasons I only collect the "original" star wars.

Disney hates you.

(Old farts.)

I'm going to have to resist strongly being sucked into another line of figures, but after seeing that trailer today its going to be tough. I will without a doubt get a Han, Luke, and Leia from the new movies when they're made, but I'm afraid after I see the movie I'll be hooked. I'm done collecting the Hasbro figures that I've gotten all my life but I'm not sure switching to Sideshow/Hot Toys 1/6th was my smartest choice. haha That's why I work I guess. I'll make more tomorrow. :D

:lol

Look at Disney's Han Solo. They couldn't even show you Leia.

Eh, wider shots plus some subtle CGI tweaks and she'll be fine. She'll be shown like that shot from outside the medical frigate window at the end of ESB.

And what's up with Han Solo borrowing Indy's leather jacket? I do love Han's sparkle in that brief bit - though seconds later grandpa fell and broke his leg walking into his "home."

And what's up with Han Solo borrowing Indy's leather jacket? I do love Han's sparkle in that brief bit - though seconds later grandpa fell and broke his leg walking into his "home."

:lol

I know, that jacket seems like he just walked onto the set in what he was wearing and said: "Line".

Loving the new trailer.

Some things

"Chromotrooper" is apperently an "Imperial Inquisitor" which I would expect to be something akin to a "jedi hunter" as earlier shots showed it with a lightsaber, and this would mesh with the inquisitor from Rebels.

also, that saber....
darth_spikey_by_jollyjack-d887scr.jpg

I was really hoping for a Hot Toys E7 reveal since they were showing the new trailer. Too high hopes i guess.

Whoever are featured in the posters are core characters... I can only believe HT will not miss the money making opportunity to produce all of them...:monkey4

I'll take any of the troops in the trailer, posters and the costumes posted already, but I'm not sure I'd buy SSC'S version after hottoys stormtrooper release

I have to admit the "Chrometrooper" with the cape looks like it could make for a cool figure to have (at least if they could actually make the chrome look good).

It's too early to say about the main villain though. Looks like he has potential to be a really memorable and badass character, but until we see him in action it's just too hard to know.

Thats one that instantly hit me that would end up looking terrible. Unless its actually mirror chrome, which it wont be, then its just going to end up looking cheap. Same thing as plastic hair on any sideshow or HT figures. Never looks great. Some things cannot be done well without the real materials. Whenever you see plastic chrome, you can really tell its plastic, and the problem with this chrome trooper is he/she (Im pretty sure thats a she, gwendolyn christie) is almost ALL chrome! Good luck with that lol.

For me personally, right now the only one Im interested in is Kylo. He looks super cool to me. I never buy any Jedi though, just because I think they look dull visually. Boring brown clothes, plain faces, nothing that makes me feel like "I need to look at this everyday". I definitely get that with the villains though. Theyre always far cooler looking than the Jedi so Ill pass on those.

Based on the trailer, I'd consider Darth Revan, and I kinda like old Poe, seems like a cool character. I'll reserve judgement on Luke, Han and Leia until I see them in action.

Luke, Leia and Han would be the hardest to pass on for me. Given for sure we'll get all three ANH versions and most likely one from every film, it'd be awesome to have an evolution style setup on the shelves.

I'm considering for now just sticking to troopers, but the main heroes would be hard to pass on.

I don't think I'll buy many 1/6th from this film... my collection, once again is changing! :lol

Back