princess leia pf - stained outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bet a lot of the damage / stains are due to over handling, you will be suprised how grubby your hands are lol

Nope. I wash my hands before I ever touch any of my statues and even then, I put on a pair of white cotton gloves. I have never directly touched any of my statues.

Still, like I said about Leia, mine was like it out of the box.

yeah i can live with it! Not much else i can really do. SS statues are still far superior to anything else on the market in that category! Although i would like to see hot toys have a go at 1/4 scale.

yeah i can live with it! Not much else i can really do. SS statues are still far superior to anything else on the market in that category! Although i would like to see hot toys have a go at 1/4 scale.

Buying collectibles is like hunting an Indiana Jones relic nowadays. You have to track them down in a foreign country, people are trying to outdo you and outbid you, you spend a ton of money, their delicate, you have to keep them out of the light, and when you finally get them in your hands a ton of ^^^^ can go wrong. :gun :blissysmi

yeah your exactly right - the amount of time i spend searching ebay and online toy stores for a 'bargain' item is way too much. Then when i finally get it, i start all over again! The internet has been great for finding these items (especuially for us downunder) as they are not the walk in and buy off the shelf at any old toy store!

I just wanted to chime in on this subject since I just purchased a Leia PF from another board member and the dress had the dreaded stains. Knowing the PF was coming, I went to Target and spent 3.99$ on a stick of Tide to go on the advice of Deckard. I got the statue tonight, used the Tide stick and the stains disappeared almost on contact. I used the solution all over the dress and there was no visible residue or stains left on the dress from the tide stick, I even used a flashlight to really get a good look at the affected areas. Thank you Decard for the suggestion, Thank you MeguiarsEM for the awesome price, and thank you Tide!

I still want to say that you should do this at your own risk! please don't come back and blame me if it doesn't work for you. lol

the best thing is to leave it ... if we all contact sideshow maybe they will give us a solution to the problem.. if the out fit can be removed try dry cleaning ( though the guy at the dry cleaners may think you are mental ) .hahahaha

I know this may be old news..but I too scored a MIB Premium format leia for 46.99! (dont hate.) she had a couple of yellow flesh colored production paint stains on her lower dress and hood.

anyway, I tried the "Tide to go" and it worked! Thank you to the person who suggested it.

btw check out the ebay link to my big score!
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220409471812

WOW!
What a poorly described item. Good eye and congrats on the deal!

the best thing is to leave it ... if we all contact sideshow maybe they will give us a solution to the problem.. if the out fit can be removed try dry cleaning ( though the guy at the dry cleaners may think you are mental ) .hahahaha

No, the outfit can't be removed without pulling the whole PF apart.

However, it doesn't matter now, I finally got around to giving a Tide To Go pen a try and it worked even better then I had expected on the many stains I had on my Leia PF dress. So no need to contact Sideshow and be told its the first time they have heard of it, just carefully use a Tide To Go pen, that is the solution.

As for that ebay purchase, thats a hell of a deal, as long as it doesn't turn out to be an empty box. If not then clearly he has a veyr bad memory for what it cost him 3 years ago.

I just received this pf yesterday. So the Tide To Go pen is the final solution then? Any word of caution to apply water on the washed out stain afterwards? Just asking because I remember once having a white t-shirt I used TTG on and after leaving it for days without washing it left a bleached mark against the white that stood out as much as the stain that used to be there.

This is a great statue by the way. So underrated. Amazing likeness to a young Carrie Fisher when you see it in person. I plan to get the base signed at the Fan Expo she's supposed to be attending next month.

Last edited:
I could ask my wife. She uses that stuff when the baby makes doodoo

Glad I never saw this on mind when I had it... but there was always this crease in the dress that drove me crazy... one of the reason I hate PFs.... I just hate Soft goods.

I have only just recetly dusted my Leia PF and everything still looks fine from having used the Tide To Go pen some couple of years ago.

I only used the smallest amount I could directly on the paint stains. If in doubt, pick a spot that's maybe mostly hidden and try it out. Leave for a few days and see what the results are. Then if happy, you can do the rest.

Its not something that develops, its either there from the start, ie paint on the white dress during production, or its not there at all.

Back