princess leia pf - stained outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daliman11

Freaked Out
Reaction score
i someone can help me - I just got the princess leia premium format figure (the one in the white outfit) today from an ebay seller and the outfit has a few stains on it (see pics) - they look like food stains to me but who knows.

I contacted the seller who said this is common with the item and that they ar e a factory issue.

So two questions
1. Was there a problem with the original leia pf outfit being stained in the factory?

2. Can i get these stains out without damaging the matierial or making thing worse?

Looking forward to your reply.

bill-clinton-talking_390x276.jpg

I tried to search for the thread but couldn't find it... I believe a couple of people had these spots develop over time, but I don't think it was a problem from the factory. Unless someone else can chime in that it was, I would request to return it and get a refund.

wasnt there some discussion of glue yellowing over time on the Cap PF?

If they are the stains I think they are, then your not the only one, mine has a number of them all over the dress. I've seen another PF in person with the same stains and pics of another one.

I'm pretty sure that it is a factory issue, and what I think it is, is careless paint transfer from Leia's skin colour. Either the statue wasn't fully dry or someone with the paint on their hands, then put the dress on, etc.

As for getting rid of it, without making things even worse or doing some other damage to the statue, best of luck and if you find a solution, then please let me know.

i don't think i can get it off her!!!

Try buying her dinner first.

Theres this stuff, you rub it on stains and they dissapear. I know it sounds crazy but it really works.

It's called Tide to Go or TideStick. It's the same Tide that makes the fabric softener. Get some, should do the trick. You won't even have to take the dress off, unless your into that.

WB_TidetoGo_366.jpg

Theres this stuff, you rub it on stains and they dissapear. I know it sounds crazy but it really works.

It's called Tide to Go or TideStick. It's the same Tide that makes the fabric softener. Get some, should do the trick.
WB_TidetoGo_366.jpg

I'd be very interested in knowing if that works for anyone, without then leaving any new 'stains' like outline spots, etc.

Not that I'm sure I could even get that down here, but if I know it works and doesn't cost too much, could do an overseas purchase.

I'd be very interested in knowing if that works for anyone, without then leaving any new 'stains' like outline spots, etc.

Not that I'm sure I could even get that down here, but if I know it works and doesn't cost too much, could do an overseas purchase.

I can't speak for using it on PF's because mainly, I don't know if that stain is due to glue. If it's glue and it's really in there stain remover wont do it.

But if it's just a stain, this stuff works and doesn't leave marks.

I worked at an airport for a while and had to wear a white collared shirt. It'd get dirty constantly with rotor grease or dirt or w/e else and this stuff worked for me everytime. You just wet the spot and rub this stuff on.

I can't speak for using it on PF's because mainly, I don't know if that stain is due to glue. If it's glue and it's really in there stain remover wont do it.

But if it's just a stain, this stuff works and doesn't leave marks.

Its not glue, thats for sure. I had already tried some baking soda and deminerialised water on a spot at the base/back and while it worked in getting rid of the stain, it left a watermark that was somewhat harder to deal with.

Its not glue, thats for sure. I had already tried some baking soda and deminerialised water on a spot at the base/back and while it worked in getting rid of the stain, it left a watermark that was somewhat harder to deal with.

Well you can always pick up the stick, and then try it out on a white t-shirt or rag of some sort and see if it does it for ya.

True, tho unless its the same fabric and stain, its still a little hard to be exactly sure how it will react on Leia.
Besides, 'picking up the stick' isn't as easy as it sounds, not like I can walk into a local shop and grab one, have to be an online/oversea's purchase.

well it's all a bit beyond me already - i don't really look at it now - the stain that is - and it's far enough away to be unnoticeable. I just hope my iron man bust doesn't come like some others - oh the troubles with sideshow!!!

Back