Princess Leia PF Exclusive Wait List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I could've gotten it cheaper on the 'Bay. But my last few experiences there have been less than satisfactory. I'm gun-shy as all Hell right now when it comes to that site. :(

Agent23 said:
So, much for the New Year's resolution....

:D

The New Year's resolution called for no more pre-orders, son. Leia, God love 'er, is an in-stock Wait List item. :woo So I'm still in the clear. I'm manipulative, but I'm in the clear. :lol

actually if you look at the completed listings the excl. is more..a decent amont more and on the etailers it is around $299 so i think you got a better deal plus you know you won't have any trouble out of SS.

Yeah, its current ToyTracker value is at $285 and climbing.

And more importantly, I wouldn't entrust this kind of a purchase to the 'bay, for all kinds of reasons, but most importantly because I don't want to lose Sideshow's customer support in case I have a problem with the statue, be it an extra crack in the nether regions, or the improperly polarized magnets in the replacement arms. With Sideshow, I'm paying for the peace of mind, honestly.

I think the exclusive is DEFINITELY the way to go on this one! So much so that the Imperial Blaster should've been standard, imo, and the sporting blaster been the exclusive. Forgive me if I sound sexest, but I just think she looks better with the guys weapon than that tiny thing she had for all of two minutes. She's more badass with her stolen imperial rifle.

Seretur said:
I put myself down on a WL for Flexpay Boba -- with my finances, that would help more than an e-tailer discount. (And anyway, Rewards Points are already a 5% discount toward a future purchase.)

it's like for every 20 points you get $1.00, right? if that's correct then we would have to spend $6,000 to get $300, or around the price of one PF.

Thanks, Naria! Hope you get her eventually. :)

Vader AL -- yeah, one buck back for every twenty we spend comes out to 5%. Sure, it would take a lot of money to cover the cost of one PF; I'm not even looking for that. The points will come in handy with cheaper items, for one thing. And within the continental US, they offset the shipping costs quite nicely.

Congrats on getting her! She's definetely a keeper! :D

leia2fg9.jpg

Good question. Thanks for asking that, carbo-.

I'll assume that mine will have the same issue. :( I know Obi-wan does.

By my pic that I posted, she definetely needs to have her dress smoothed out.

I heard using a hair dryer works after wetting the fabric, but that sounds too risky for me to perform.

I also hear there is some spray you use to get rid of wrinkles? Anyone heard of that?

I have a Liea exclusive available for retail with free shipping. I decided to stray away from the PF's and go with GG for SW. If anyone is interested just shoot me a PM I can send it out the next day. If anyone here is interested and doesn't know me just ask around. :)

Jesse

Michael Crawford addresses the wrinkle issue in his review. The principle, however applied, is getting the fabric damp with distilled water, and then drying it so that it straightens out, preferably using something hot-ish, like a steam iron or a hairdryer.

Hey, it should be fun. :)

I wonder how that iron solution works? :confused: Would the heat itself be sufficient to make the wrikles fall away? It's not like I'll be removing the outfit to lay it across the ironing board. :lol

I read somewhere here that you should absolutely not get polystone wet through soaking as you would a 12" figure. What is it?

JoeSweden said:
I read somewhere here that you should absolutely not get polystone wet through soaking as you would a 12" figure. What is it?
Can I wash them or use a wet cloth?
You should never wash or submerge your collectible in water. If for some reason you find your pieces are excessively dusty, the tips above should work well. You can also use a damp, lint-free cloth on larger areas as wellas the bases to loosen up the dust. Dampen the cloth with water but never use any harsh chemical cleaners as they have the potential to damage the paint finish and even the Polystone material.

Sideshow has posted the polystone-caring tips on their website, and published them in the catalogue. So of course you don't want to get the polystone figure itself wet. Just the dress. Very GENTLY, since you can't take it off, obviously!

Anyway, as the number of our PFs increases, I suppose we shall have to ask Sideshow about their preferred method of getting rid of creases...

I apologize for bumping this thread but...my WL got converted! Woot!

:chew

EDIT: Ahhh! I forgot to thank Monk for their kind heads up!! TankYOUSE!! :-D

Awesome, news, m0reta! Congratulations!

BTW, do you remember the date of your reservation? (I'm keeping a thread on this at the S&F forum, just to have a handy reference on as many WL conversions as possible.)

And Leia is worth every penny, honestly.

Back