Princess Leia, Bespin Luke reviewed together

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things about the review that caught me off guard:

1st: Leia does look pretty good posed. I could have used a slightly longer dress with some layering toward the bottom, but I am almost sorry I passed.

2nd: I know I have no eye for this stuff, but my Luke seems to have a pretty good head - I will have to go home and check for the deformed side

Man, gotta love a little controversy: Crawford style!

I personally would score Luke higher, but some of this seems to be dependent on whether yours had issues or not - Personally, I let the holster sit as decorative rather than practical; more afraid that use over time will cause it to break, and I plan on keeping mine a long time!

Here's my Leia, showing the posability of the hood.
Leiacloseup.jpg

And in her environment
LeiaDisplay.jpg

Ahhhh...so she comes with her hood...

That's cool...everyone should have a robe...

Well...almost everyone...

I wonder if all the QC problems are from Sideshow trying to be too faithful to the design, and not practical about the materials. My holster came unglued from the leg strap, not a big issue and can be easily superglued, but its such a think piece of material, it seems it would be hard to have something that wouldn't mess up.

Although I really do think you got a bum figure, which if I got would certainly not make me review it highly either.

Well, I'm still on the waiting list for a Luke exclusive, so I didn't get a regular edition...yet. I do have the Leia exclusive, though, and I was pretty amazed at how much it looks like Carrie, especially from a 3/4 or side profile. I think part of the problem with her noggin is that the shape and size of her hair are not quite in balance with her face. Study MaulFan's comparison photos and you can see what I mean. The small figure body doesn't help. A larger body would probably make her look much better, but the hair would still be the same and then her dress would be even shorter than it already is!

If we were paying double the price for these figures, I seriously doubt if we'd be discussing these issues at all. I'm pretty satisfied with Leia, even though the shipping cost me more than she did! But she'll look good on the shelf after futzing some natural-looking folds into her dress and getting her posed just right. Those blasters really are nice. Sideshow hit a homerun in the weapon department this time, that's for sure.

Don't know what to do about Luke. Pjam's pic of the holster and belt looks pretty damn cool to me and makes me hope the waitlist converts soon. In any case, I sure hope I won't have any of these issues with him when I eventually do get one! :monkey4

It's been awhile since I reviewed any Sideshow Star Wars goodies, so I thought I'd double up on the twins tonight and cover both the Bespin Luke and the normal Princess Leia. When I first saw these in the package, I had one distinct opinion. Once I freed them though, my view changed 180 degrees. Which one ended up a disappointment, and which one was much better than I expected? Hit the review to see!

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And the Poppies are moving along - check out https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_intro_2007.htm for the details. I've been receiving nominations from the judges all weekend! Thanks for reading,

Michael
MWC

so your the one that gave the cool reviews

Back