Premium Format Princess Leia A New Hope 1/4 PF statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, just a question for the people that own this PF.

I received my Leia PF yesterday, and Im happy with the purchase, is a very cool portrait and a nice statue...but I noticed something strange on the fabric of the Leia dress. Especially at the bottom, what would be "the skirt", there are horizontal marks of small size but quite frequent ... I do not know if in the images you can see them well, but it is as if the fabric was marked from before sewing dress. Or at least I do not believe that these defects can occur during the packaging of the figure, because they are not simple wrinkles (wrinkles if they are normal on a piece of cloth that has been packed in its box for a while) ... these marks are more as strands that had been deformed ... I don't know how to explain it, I hope the images can show the problem.

I have a friend who also has the statue, I consulted this matter and he sent me photos of his piece ... in his piece there are marks too ... maybe in smaller numbers than mine ...

please, the owners could check their pieces? Is it a common defect of the fabric and does it always appear on dresses or is it possible that it only happens sometimes? How is it in your statues? Any ideas?

Mine also had the same issues. I contacted my retailer about them, but I couldn’t be bothered asking for a replacement as I was certain that they all would have the same problems.

It has to do with the type of fabric that Sideshow used. It’s way too easy to damage.

I had very dry hands the day I was unpacking the statue. And the dry skin started to pluck at the threads. And it’s that which causes those line marks. All they have to do is catch on something and it happens way too easily. But even taking that into account most of the damage on mine came prior to me unboxing it, as I believe I only caused maybe two or three out of the dozen of pulled thread lines on the outfit. I really killed the neck piece as I kept on going back and forth fixing it, but unfortunately it’s become pretty frayed.

Mine also had the same issues. I contacted my retailer about them, but I couldn?t be bothered asking for a replacement as I was certain that they all would have the same problems.

It has to do with the type of fabric that Sideshow used. It?s way too easy to damage.

I had very dry hands the day I was unpacking the statue. And the dry skin started to pluck at the threads. And it?s that which causes those line marks. All they have to do is catch on something and it happens way too easily. But even taking that into account most of the damage on mine came prior to me unboxing it, as I believe I only caused maybe two or three out of the dozen of pulled thread lines on the outfit. I really killed the neck piece as I kept on going back and forth fixing it, but unfortunately it?s become pretty frayed.

Wow this is really unfortunate that the fabric is that fragile. I was still waiting on a sale but maybe best to give this a pass altogether.

could you just use an iron or steam it ?

Iron it???? Ok...lets try...

20190923_184608.jpg

20190923_184635.jpg

I was thinking of Ironing it, but it was glued to the neck of the statue and I didn’t want to risk damaging the fabric even more than it already was.

Use a hand held steamer like this one, I used it on my Iron Studios Vader cape and did wonders

steamer.jpg

The problem is will a steamer or iron fix issues where there are pulled threads? Because that’s what those small lines are in the fabric. I caused a couple to occur myself when I was putting her together (on top of the many others already there).

I don't think a steamer would do more damage than already is, will remove the creases for sure

This is on the last chance page. No idea if Sideshow is bluffing but I picked this up with free shipping and that free 1/4 HT Infinity Gauntlet as a throw in. Need a quarter scale Leia in my collection, hoping for no issues with the outfit.

Feel like they're bluffing lol

I think we'll be able to get this piece next Spooktacular for the Bespin Luke/Han prices they're doing now.

that would be a last chance on their initial run on the leia PF. more to come no worries.

that would be a last chance on their initial run on the leia PF. more to come no worries.

At a minimum, there's still 2000 non-exclusive statues based on the edition size. If you can live without the death star plans and are patient, I think this will have some great deals next year.

At a minimum, there's still 2000 non-exclusive statues based on the edition size. If you can live without the death star plans and are patient, I think this will have some great deals next year.

The only problem is I am pretty sure they don't always complete all edition sizes, and they don't communicate that sort of information. So for example it's possible that they made 600 of this Leia to start, but since it didn't sell out they will just sell through the stock they have and be done. But I am only speculating here, your guess is as good as mine.

I have unboxed this and I am much happier than I expected. The base is very nicely designed and painted. I am also surprised how much I like the material used for her gown, it's sort of realistically sheen and it hangs/drapes really nicely. I do have at least one of those little folds but it does seem they can be lessened by manipulation and perhaps eliminated by steam. The sculpt is probably the most nicely painted human sculpt I have ever seen Sideshow do, it certainly looks like they put far more effort into this paintwork than is usual for them. There is actual depth to the flesh tone and they beautifully blended/faded in a nice rosy color into her cheeks, Bravo! The hair sculpt is also well done, more in line with what you would typically expect from Hot Toys.

A couple concerns 1) I am afraid this will be a dust/particle magnet which could harm the dress, to the point I am considering some type of enclosed case. 2) There is a wire in the right sleeve of the dress. What if this rusts like the ANH Han Hot Toys shirt? Removing this without damage to the sleeve may be difficult.

Overall I think Sideshow did a terrific job on this, I have the 1/4 Leia I wanted. It's better than Bespin Luke, and that one isn't all bad either if you are willing to live with a couple faults.

Just got my Leia PF. Another great addition to my collection! [emoji3590][emoji7]

7746f6b2b770f9620dfb378abd56288b.jpg
34bd649513e874142149cf79eb24550e.jpg
64839b1feddfe4cbcbd9e3eed6d16b0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back